Casil bi L/150

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Rome

Apartment complex courtyardApartment complex courtyard

Palazzo Massimo alle TermePalazzo Massimo alle Terme

Baldacchino and Throne of St. PeterBaldacchino and Throne of St. Peter

Piazza Quirinale - ObeliskPiazza Quirinale - Obelisk

Laundromat???

by johnfromoz

We will be staying at the Hotel Raphael, address- Largo Febo,2 Piazza Navona is there a laundromat where we can do our own washing, or a laundry that does washing & ironing near our hotel.Many thanks in advance.

by leics

If you put 'lavanderia rome' into google maps you'll see laundries which are nearby.

The Italian for laundromat (laundrette is the commonly-used English word) is 'lavanderia automatica' or 'lavanderia self-service'.

There are none marked especially near P Navona.

There's a list of laundrettes here (with maps):

and laundries here:

But it's probably easiest just to ask your hotel where the nearest laundrette/laundry is!

by mccalpin

As you will see from the second link that leics gave you that there are lavaderie as close as a few hundred meters, such as one at Campo de' Fiori, a place that you would want to see anyway as it is the site of flower and other markets (hence the name, "Field of Flowers").

Like most urban zones where people live, Rome has laundries everywhere, because people often don't have space for a washer and dryer anyway...it won't be a problem...when I lived in Rome, we used a service - we would take our clothes to a lavanderia and they would return them all clean and folded...the lira was cheaper then; I don't know what the euro has done to labor costs since...I just hate the thought of spending my time in a laundry when I could be out seeing Rome ;-)

Bill

by cgf

going toward Vaticano, at beginning of Viale delle Mura Aurelie there is one 'lavanderia a gettoni' it means self-service, distance 1,5 km from begining of Largo Flebo, so while you'll think to go to Vatican City.. why not?

by GlobeTrekr

I remember washing clothes in Rome last year when we were there and it was EXPENSIVE. We stayed by the Vatican and I searched for the cheapest place in the area. I still had to walk about 6-8 blocks to reach the laundromat and it was 4 Euros to wash a load and 4 Euros to dry a load, so I paid 16 Euros to wash and dry two loads!! I'm from the states so 20 bucks for two loads is ridiculously expensive....but we needed clean clothes!

by leics

That's what I'd expect to pay in the UK (a bit more, actually).

Travel Tips for Rome

Roman Water

by rattay

When I went to Rome, it was HOT and HUMID (month of July to be specific). But i soon discovered that the water coming out of the spouts that are found on every piazza/alleyway/corner are safe to drink from. In fact, I'd say that water is the best water I've ever had (if water can be good or bad). Anyway, the water comes from the roman acquaducts and it is the perfect temperature. This is terribly convenient as you can just carry around a bottle and never have to buy drinking water when you are sightseeing. One of my favorite fountains was just outside of St. Peter's Square. It is made out of white marble and is in the shape of a few large keys (you know - st. peter - keys to heaven etc). facing st. peter's basilica the fountain is to your right on the outside of the colonnade.

Walking in the city is very...

by Nice_Girl

Walking in the city is very interesting but you will be tired very soon : take a bus no matter where or when and make the complete tour : afterwards you will be able to know where you want to come back for a more detailled visit !!! Good tip ! I tried lots of buses !!!

Xmas Decos hard to find

by amyLbrown2002 about Souvenirs (General)

If, like me you collect Xmas decorations from each destination you go to, you'll have a hard time!

For me, tt has to be a "touristy" one, and relate to the city (as in have the city name on it and maybe some of the sights). But I really struggled in Rome to find one that wasn't a tacky velvet box in the shape of Santa.

I wanted one to do with ancient Rome, rather than Christianity because they were all basic. Unfortunately I just didn't find one.

In the end I had to get a Christian one, a cross with the miracles of Jesus on it. I got this in a bookstore by St Peter's Sq - the main road the runs down to the river.

Take the bus

by belgianchocolate

Rome has got an easy and convenient bus
circulation circuit. The bus stops are ranked
on a board with the number of the bus.
The stop you are waiting at is circled is red..
all the names under that are stops.
That is very easy.

Keep an eye on the symbol on top.
An owl means it is a night bus.
They also come frequently... if you learn
to read those tabels and find out were there
are gathering points you can get home
every time during nighttime.

One thing is - the busses can get very 'filled'.
Sometimes it feels like a tin of sardines in
their own soggy.

Take also the small busses 116 , 117 , 118.
They bring you true little streets and are quit
convenient as well.

Since we stayed for a longer time we chose to
take a week card for 16 euro.
We never had a check. You can also get a ticket
for one day - 4 Euro.

In Belgium we are used to time tables ,
and the bus comes late anyway.
Here such things do not excist.
Just wait is the message...
we never had to wait long.

You Have to Have a Pastry With Your Cafe, Right?

by Jmill42 about Patisseries

From my observations of Italian breakfasts', I have surmised that to act like a local you must do two things.

1) Obviously, drink a cafe.
1A) And, you must drink it faster than the person standing next to you.

2) You must have some type of pastry eaten in the time you have finished your cafe.

It really is amazing to see how fast Italian business people drink and eat their breakfast. I guess that is why restaurants don't charge people a fee for taking their cafe standing up! There's never a wait caused by these people.

Comments