Castelfusano Country Club Camp

Expedia.com HostelBookers.com

Satisfaction Poor

• fairy_dust's Profile Photo

A tourist village

We stayed at Country Club Castelfusano. This place has bungalows, small houses, and areas where you can leave a trailer or camp. We had bungalows, and each cabin had 4 people. It was cramped, but fun. Some people hated it, some guys even wrote a song about how crappy it was! "I don't want to take another shower here... The water's cold I really need a beer... I just want to go home, or at least into Rome..." But I loved Castelfusano.

At night, the local Italians had parties at the pista out by the big pool, and I always went. Those parties were one of the highlights of my Rome trip. They'd have music and dancing, and the locals loved me! I always carried a Canadian flag, and the locals were always friendly to me because of it - they love Canadians! It was at one of those parties that I met the special Italian guy who would later inspire me to pursue my dream career again...

Most of the people at Castelfusano were Italians - especially families and middle-aged people. But there were a lot of young people too.

Unique Quality: There are 2 pools, one big and one small. We hated one of the lifeguards at the big pool (some referred to him as the Pool Nazi - he was on a power trip), but that didn't stop us from having fun. It's really nice to walk around the campground and chill out. Also, they sometimes have activities (such as karaoke) going on and bands playing at the pista and the area near the restaurant. The best thing is the parties out by the pista at night - so much fun!

There was also a restaurant, pizzeria, ice cream bar, supermarket, laundromat, bazaar, and tennis courts.

Directions: It's outside of Rome, there's about 15-30 minutes in between Castelfusano and Rome.

Comments