Via Giovanni Amendola 77, Rome, Lazio, 00185, Italy

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

More about Rome

Fontana del MoroFontana del Moro

Arco di Tito + von.otter, Roma, May 2007Arco di Tito + von.otter, Roma, May 2007

in the courtyardin the courtyard

Rome by JelenaRome by Jelena

using cell phones in italy

by easyout4u

Hello to all you travelers out there.Going to rome,foggia and then to naples in oct.2008. Can any body help me out with cell phones ?

I like to know if its possible to rent a cell phone in italy or any other ways to have a cell phone that I can use just for the two weeks that I will be staying there.

by effeti

You are from US right?

GSMs there use different frequencies, but share the same network. If you already have a multiband, it may work.

If not, all you need is a new phone (there are chep ones for less than 50 euros, 75 ollars at the crazy exchange rate og these days), where you can plug in your U.S. SIM card, and you will be ready and available.

If you think you will be calling a lot, and don't want to pay high roaming prices, look for a prepaid italian card.

The fact is that to rent a phone (see example here http://www.studioimport.com/cellular_rental.php) may not be cheaper al all.

To have your new italian SIM card activated, for a national law you will be required of a "codice fiscale", fiscal code or tax payern number, but it is just an algorithm calculated from you name, place and day of birth, so it is possible to calculate it online.

Ciao
Francesco

by nancynb

I finally bit the bullet and bought an unlocked GSM (quad band) phone. It is good for several hundred countries.(recently used in in Portugal and Italy) The sim card for each country can be purchased upon arrival in the country. Just pop it in and you are good to go. You can top it up as you need to. Rates are quite reasonable (more so than connecting with your network back home) and there is no charge for incoming calls. I considered it an investment for future travel, as the phone itself doesn't cost me anything when I am not using it.

by easyout4u

a big thanks to ya !now I need to compare the price with the others links
I have.

Hey thanks !!

Travel Tips for Rome

Definately go to The Sistine...

by Mr_Edd_20

Definately go to The Sistine Chapel...it is soo beautiful, but be prepared to have to sneak pics of Michelangelo's Works in there.

The Coloseum, the Roman Forum, Spanish Steps, and make sure you check out the St. Maria Cappuccini Concezione's Crypt, it is very freaky. I am enclosing a picture I found on the net, because they don't allow you to take pictures in there. Those bones are made into 'artwork' from the bones of over 4,000 monks....crazy stuff Me, my girlfriend, and my best friend are eating outdoors in this restaurant with a view of the Coloseum. There were all these birds perched on top if the patio, and yep.......you guessed it. The bird crapped all on her jacket, and all I could do was lauhg hysterically at her. I even brought it up to the our waiter's attention, hoping he would reimburse our outragous tab, but he just laughed it off. She was soo mad at me. So the next day we are walking alot, then we make it to Trevi's Fountain, where we take a seat on the sidewalk and I was looking across at the fountain and I feel something hit the top of my head and hear a 'SPLAT' on the pavement. Sweet irony huh? :) The bad part is that she laughed her ass off at me and took many pictures of the green goo on my head!

VIA APPIA ANTICA is a over...

by princesss

VIA APPIA ANTICA is a over 2000 year old road built from Rome to South-Eastern Brindisi. You can walk for several kilometers on this road and see monuments, tombs, churches etc. No place in Rome without tourists but the best time is to go during the week. Take a bus from San Giovanni in Laterano. (at least, that's what we did 3 years ago, please inform before you go).

Evening stroll

by Sharrie

There are many people relaxing the evening around the Fountain of the Moor in front of the PALAZZO PAMPHILI & the Fountain of Neptune at the northern end of the square. Enjoy the breeze & the ambience after dinner & unwinding oneself from the reality of life...

Stay away from Sabatini's in Trastavere

by MomRocco about Sabatini's

This restaurant was highly recommended to us, but was a huge disappointment. We arrived in time for our reservation and were seated promptly. The staff seemed to be in a hurry to get rid of us (maybe to make the table available for their regulars) and so all our courses arrived at once. There were several errors on our check, which the surly waiter did not want to correct. The setting is lovely, but the food is only so-so. The food was very mediocre. I would suggest that Frommers take it off their list.

An incredible experience

by anaglenny

I am not a religious person, but visiting the Vatican and seeing the Pope is one of the most powerful and intense experiences I have had in my whole life.
People from all over the world congregate at St. Peter's Square on Sunday to wait for the Papal blessing at noon. The atmosphere is just so incredible, it brought tears to my eyes!
Even if you are not catholic, this is something that you don't want to miss!

Comments