Viale Manzoni 55, Rome, 185, Italy
HostelBookers.com Hostelworld.com

More about Rome

St Paul's Outside the WallsSt Paul's Outside the Walls

Sign in the piazzaSign in the piazza

FountainFountain

the insidethe inside

taxi

by marineee

we are planning to go to the opera,and are wondering how hard will it be to find a taxi to take us back to our hotel at around 22-23 o'clock?thanks!

Re: taxi

by craic

there always seemed to be plenty of cabs about that early in the evening - it is early for rome

but you don't usualy hail cabs in rome - i only every hailed one once at about 3am -

best to get a taxi from a rank - there always seemed to be a rank handy - then you know you won't be ripped off

unless of course there is a strike (sciopero) when i was in rome in 2006 they were constantly striking - I don't know if they still are

Re: taxi

by marineee

thanks!

Travel Tips for Rome

I'm running out of room!!!!

by monorailgold

If you own a digital camera, then you know about memory cards. When I travel, I take my digital rebel and 2 512mb cards with me. I also take my laptop. At the end of the day I download all of my pictures to my laptop and wipe my memory card. This works very well and I dont have to worry about taking multiple cards with me on the trip. Two is plenty. That way during the day I have a spare if I fill one up. I can hold about 130 pictures on each card (I tend to take tons of pictures), so having a spare with me is great.
If you don't have or don't want to bring a laptop with you, a video ipod will work just as well. You can download all of your pictures onto your ipod at night. If you only have a small memory card, you can take your ipod with you during the day to do downloads as needed. These ipods, while small, have tons of memory. My video ipod is a 60 gig-er. Most of the pictures I take are between 3 and 6 mb so I can hold thousands of pictures on it and still have my music files. You don't need a video ipod, any ot them will work for data storage, however, the video ipod is the only one that will let you view your pictures in color. There is a cable that you will need to take, but it is inexpensive and small.
I have found this an easy solution for data storage. I use the ipod for music on the plane and for video storage while in the city. It works great.

Capanne di Romolo

by Maria81

Where?

On the Palatine hill, next to Casa di Augusto

What?

Capanne di Romolo, or 'the House of Romulus', if the place, where, according to the legends, Remus and Romulus where brought up. While it would be difficult to establish who exactly did the house belong to, according to archaeologists there was a hut on the spot in 9th century BC, so who knows?

Spend good nights

by alemir82 about Club Picasso

This lively dance club is one of the best in Rome, and is very popular with a mixed crowd of locals and tourists. There's a DJ that plays a wide range of music, from disco to the latest dance hits. This is the place to go if you're looking to meet new people and dance till the early hours of the morning.

Just jump in off of the street

by cynthi about The countless pizzarias you will find...

Walking around Rome, you will find countless little small places on the side of the street to pop into and get a slice of pizza. And not just any pizza... every possible type of pizza. Potato pizza, pizza with corn on it. Try it all... a crazy combination might just end up being your favorite.

Bryan was on my January 2005 trip to Rome and he discovered suppli... rissoto, tomato sauce and cheese rolled up into a ball and fried. He just saw it and decided to give it a try, and loved it. There are a lot of really great restaurants to eat at, just don't forget that they don't have to have a star rating system to have good food.

There are so many restaurants...

by Joeplaboem

There are so many restaurants that are good in Rome . I suggest you ask a local what they prefer and try it. I was never disappointed with Roman suggestions.
The place in the evening is the district of Trastevere there you will find a lot of restaurants and a nice atmosphere.
The Roman cuisine is rather fat and heavy but there is so many choice that we don't life long enough to taste everything. There is no bad Italian Food.

Comments