Via Cilicia 7, Rome, Lazio, 00179, Italy
Booking.com Hotels.com Venere.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Rome

Sculpture Garden - "I Nostri Silenzi"Sculpture Garden - "I Nostri Silenzi"

Interior of Sant'Eustachio (May 09)Interior of Sant'Eustachio (May 09)

monument for pope Leo Xmonument for pope Leo X

Clivio de ScauroClivio de Scauro

Forirental agency-accomodationsrome

by phyllistaffy

I'm thinking of using rental agency above, however, there was a old post on trip advisor that was strongly worded against this agency. Has anyone used them before. Thinking of the Colesso apartment. Thanks

by KathyGh

Never used them. When we went, we used http://www.rentalinrome.com/
and they were really professional. No problems.

by kathymof

I can't even find them through Google. Is that name right? Also I have never heard of them and have rented in Rome. I would not pay attention to one bad review if the vast majority of other reviews are good. Some people cannot be pleased no matter what and will moan and groan about the lack of amenities in a budget accommodation. Just make sure there are lots of pictures before you rent anything.

I have used www.homelidays.com and have wonderful success with them. They connect you directly to the owner.

by phyllistaffy

Yep spelled Fori Rental Agency and then also accomodationsrome. The only comment was negative but the Coliesum penthouse looks great. Thanks

by kathymof

I found it - finally - under Studio Fori Rental Agency. I am unfamiliar with the company but many of the rentals they show are also listed with other agencies. You might want to go out to http://www.slowtrav.com/, which is heavy on Italy, and check to see if there are any reviews.

by annahill

I have booked through Homelidays.com and was very pleased with the accomidations and with the price.

Travel Tips for Rome

Take a Walking Tour of Rome At Night

by tompik

Rome by foot at night is an awe inspiring adventure. My first day in Rome was on a business trip for the election of the new pope in April 2005. I was going to be operating a television camera on a convent rooftop overlooking St. Peters Square. Not knowing whether I would have any free time to see the sites at all, after my work day and a short nap to recover from the plane ride, I called my wife's cousin who was living in Rome at the time and working as a tour guide. He told me "Put on some good walking shoes, I'll meet you at your hotel in a half hour." We walked the sites, the streets and the back alleys of Rome for the next five hours.

Our first stop was St. Peter's Square which I had seen during the day as I surveyed my camera position for the next however long it would be until they elected a pope. And even with the remnants of the media circus still shining there lights for a few remaining live shots, there was a sort of solemn silence that filled the streets surrounding the basilica.

Other great places to visit at night in Rome are the Trevi Fountain, Piazza Narvona, Spanish Steps, Pantheon, Ponte Sant Angelo, and the Coliseum. On our next to last night in Rome on our trip this past summer, we saw Billy Joel play live in front of the Coliseum. My running joke to our friends in New York: "Yeah, we saw Billy Joel play at the Coliseum this summer. No, not the Nassau Coliseum (his hometown venue), the Coliseum in Rome." There are so many fond memories of Rome and so many things I miss, I couldn't get them all on a page. One at the very top is hearing Billy Joel perform "New York State of Mind" to a massive crowd in front of Rome's Coliseum.

Digging is probably the most common past time of

by unravelau

Rome to-day. Digging up the past, looking at the past, examining the past and all of its glory, is the job for archeologists. Our job becomes one of looking through the windows newly opened to see what we can see and discern how these ancient peoples lived, from what has been dug up.

I think that it pays to pause and reflect when you come across these diggings..........can be found all over Italy.............this scene, theatre and all from Minturno -- south of Rome.

Don't miss the salon in the rear

by icunme

This is posted on the "off the Beaten Path" category because I've spoken with so many people who have enjoyed an espresso in AnticoCaffe Greco but completely missed the drawing room in the back. Cafe Greco is one of the three most ancient cafes in the world (one of which is Bagdad's 416-year-old al-Mustansirya cafe by the Tigris), with a very classical atmosphere, red-velvet chairs and marble tables. There are two rooms divided by a broad arch with the library and piano in the first room (Photo 2) and the lovely group of tables and setee against the far wall (Photo 3).
It is easy to envision Rossini composing here - Gogol writing Dead Souls - Goethe, Keates writing poetry - Byron and Cassanova were regulars - Hans Christian Anderson lived above and list goes on........ If you've lost your muse or simply lost track of her - most likely she's here!

You don't want to miss the rear salon when you're there..........
Just off Piazza Spagna on Via Condotti.

Metropolitana

by ECYM

Rome metro system, simply called Metropolitana by Italians. The metro runs approximately every 7-10 minutes, from 5:30am until 11.30pm every day (until 0:30am on Saturdays). Tickets can be purchased in newsstands, tabacchis, or vending machines. The drivers do not sell any tickets.

We bought the three day tourist ticket for unlimited rides on any public transport. The three days tourist pass costs 13 euro.

Pizza and fried Neapolitan specialties

by sonia72it about Il Pomodorino

During the weekend it is overcrowded, but pizza is really good, the ambience nice and service fast.

In addition to classic pizza you can order "pizzelle" (fried pizza dough, yummi), "supplì" (fried balls of rice) and "crocchette" (fried balls of smashed potatoes). Pizza Margherita with mozzarella di bufala (buffalo's mozzarella)!!

Comments