Colli Aniene Bed and Breakfast

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Rome

human statue at trevi fountainhuman statue at trevi fountain

S. Giovanni BasilicaS. Giovanni Basilica

Ponte Palatino seen from the Aventine HillPonte Palatino seen from the Aventine Hill

Map of City railwaysMap of City railways

entrance to Palatine and metro station

by mindcrime

I want to enter and see Coloseum after visiting the Palatine Hill and the Forum.
Which metro station is near the entrance for the Palatine Hill?
I know the entrance is different than the one for the forum of for the Coloseum but is the metro station the same for any of them?

k.

by puerto_lover

The Palatine Hill and the Forum area are interconnected. They both have separate ticket office entries where you can buy your entry for both plus the Colosseum. And all within walking distance of course. The nearest Metro is COLOSSEO on LINE B.

by r13

Foro Romano and Palatino hill now are one "museum" area and has 3 entrances/exits. One of them is 200 m away from Coloseum entrance.

When entering Foro Romano you can buy combined ticket to Coloseum, which I highly recommend. Then you do not need to wait in long line to buy ticket at Coloseum.

There should be separate "express" entrance for the visitors with tickets at the other side of Coloseum, however it was closed due some building works when I was there in March 2009- do not know the situation now.

by mindcrime

thats why I want to enter from the hill first :)

by mindcrime

I already done that for Vatican, I think the idea of going to the Palatine Hill is handy. Booking online is useful but then you have to be there on a specific date.

by WheninRome

If you're also visiting the Vatican, check out my Vatican tip, which will help you save time getting from the Vatican to St. Peter's Basilica.

Travel Tips for Rome

I'm sure that Rome is...

by bluefelt

I'm sure that Rome is fantastic and I do plan on spending some time there eventually, but it's not first on my list because I've had enough Italian art for the next few years. I'll try to get back there soon.

You always have too much

by nyonnetti

We tried to pack as light as possible and I still felt like we had too much. One area where I seen this was of concern was on the train. Although we did not have too big of a problem, some people could not fit their suitcases in the overhead bins. Some of the trains had storage in-between the train cars but then your stuff isn't as secure as you cannot see it. So, the best advice is to pack bags that can expand and collapse so that they can be squeezed in the overhead bins. Also, we packed an empty duffle bag that we used to carry our souvenirs home. This worked out great!

Best shopping street in Rome

by rita_simoes about Via del Corso

Via del Corso is one of the main streets of Rome and my favourite shopping spot. Here you can find the big international stores, like Zara, Nike and Adidas, the big Italian stores, such as Feltrinelli (the equivalent of Fnac, where you can find Italian books and music), Carpisa (bags) and Havana (affordable women clothes) and some other smaller shops with great bargains (and, sure, also some shops where I do not even dare to enter - my wallet and my boyfriend forbidden me!).

Make sure you enter Galleria Alberto Sordi (who was a Roman actor, btw) - it's a very nice building and there are some caffés inside where you can relax if you're too tired and it's too hot.

In all of my visits to Rome, a trip through this street, from Piazza Venezia up to Piazza del Popolo (where we always stop to eat an ice cream seated in the steps of one of the churches) is mandatory. I try to leave to the last days, though, or no more money for pizza and gelato! :P Everything - clothes, shoes, bags, cds, books, toys, souvenirs, etc. There's plenty of choice for all kinds of wallets!

Two wheeled verticle vehicle for Rome streets?

by icunme

Not only does this novel little gadget get you there - you meet so many curious people along the way. These three young people were having a ton of fun with everyone on Via del Corso as they weaved in and out of crowds and cars. No problem negotiating the traffic and people - only thing that slowed them down was being stopped along the way by all the friendly on-lookers (including me). This is called the Segway and you can rent one in Piazza del Popolo close to Bar Rosati - with an organized tour or on your own. If you took this for the day I'm not sure how you would lock it up if you wanted to go inside somewhere?? I'll update here when I find out...........

Price 1/2 hour 8 € - 1 hour 15 € - Day 60 €

Another Good Value Near Piazza Navona

by Lacristina about Tre Archi (Three Arches)

Another reasonable find near Piazza Navona - and when I was there in late January of 2005, it seemed to be a haven for single Italian businessmen eating dinner early (early for Italians, anyway) at 8 p.m. There were five of them and me. So, if you're looking for a restaurant where you'd feel comfortable eating alone, this is it. Small and cozy.

The bread basket came with sliced Italian bread, breadsticks AND a panino - my favorite. These small, tasty, crusty bread rolls are almost hollow inside, and after I leave Italy, I crave them for months. In fact, I'm craving one right now!

I ordered "carcioffi alla romana" Roman style artichokes (i.e. not fried like the traditional Jewish Roman cuisine). Very good - but an order of two was too much for one person. Then ravioli with ricotta and spinach and a tomato sauce - again, another good dish. Finally, the ricotta torta (cheese cake with chocolate chips) looked too good to pass up - it was! They warmed it in the oven and it was heavenly.

Total bill only 19.5 Euros, including un quarto (one quarter liter) of house red wine, a half bottle of aqua frizzante (fizzy water), and un espresso. Quite a good deal so close to Piazza Navona. Ricotta Torta

Comments