Corona

Expedia.com Booking.com Venere.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Rome

St.James, of Compostella fameSt.James, of Compostella fame

The dome and the famous eyeThe dome and the famous eye

PontePonte

Visiting Fontana di Trevi with my loveVisiting Fontana di Trevi with my love

Hotels Near The Train Station

by Billwalker

We are looking for a reasonably priced hotel within walking distance of the train station along with the name of any recommended nearby restaurants.
Thanks
Bill

by leics

Too many restaurants in that area for me to name one in particular. I enjoyed the ones I ate at last time (I always stay in the Termini area). Always best in Rome to go slightly off the main tourist streets...better prices.

I also enjoyed the Domus Hotel very much. I have a review on my Rome pages. www.domushotel.com

I booked it through www.venere.com which is a reliable site listing almost all Italian hotels. Like www.booking.com (also reliable) its guest reviews are honest..you can't post a review until you have completed a stay booked through the site. Both sites have good mapping and their rates are usually lower than those on the hotels' own websites.

As in all tourist-popular European cities, Rome hotels are not cheap. It's best to book as far in advance as you can...if you find something better you can almost always cancel without charge up to 24/48 hours in advance (if you use the two sites I've mentioned). Termini has many reasonable options and is an excellent location in terms of convenience imo (about 20 minutes walk to the Colosseum).

by puerto_lover

by okmouse45

We stayed for one week at the Hotel de Artiste. Very nice rooms. Great staff and super nice breakfast. Haven't been there since 2001 but you can check it out. It's very close to the metro and lots of good affordable restaurants close by.

by robertatravel

If your stay is planned for august I recommend you the Capitolium Rooms (80 Euro dbl/night), clean, friendly people, just a 3 minutes walk from Termini station http://www.capitoliumrooms.com/index.php
Otherwise I suggest you another good reservation website which is worth looking at : www.nycerome.com (check the Termini station but also the Esquilino area)

by adema29

Raffaello Hotel is the best choice-no doubt. Take a look at our page and you'll get more details about it: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/bf576/23513/3/

Restaurants-There are a lot of "reasonable" restaurants there. If you want a GOOD one (wich is not in the vicinity of the train Station), L'Antica Birreria Peroni is the best: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/bf576/23513/2/

Have a nice trip then and... I am waiting for news from Raffaello. You'll not be disappointed.

Travel Tips for Rome

Ressources around Piazza di Spagna

by melissa_bel

Ressource for tourist:
American Express has its office here.
Although I don't recommend eating there (come on, you're in Rome), check out the interior of the McDonald's. They established themselves in an old palazzo, causing the ire of the Romans.
Have a tea at Babington's or Caffe del Greco (on swanky via Condotti... check out the autograph by Buffalo Bill) where sophisticated British ladies and other rich foreigners were indulging during their mandatory pilgrimmage to Rome.
From there, hit the designer shops of Via Condotti (if you have the wallet for it) or Via del Corso (more democratic) or reach the Trevi Foutain.

Mille e due fontane

by croisbeauty

At least now I know what Venice is missing to be even more attractive to the visitors, ten or twenty fountains on some of those empty squares. But, being more clever than Roman are, Venetians will never built them. Instead of paying huge bill for the water, Venetians prefer collecting money from the restaurants or cafe-bars holders renting squares for those mostly very ugly chairas and tables. Who cares if some streets or squares barely passable.

Knockoff designer bags

by hzangel2 about Negotiating Prices

While in Rome you'll find many people lined up along the streets selling knock off purses, belts, sunglasses, etc.
I would just like to say, that if you do see one that you like, if you walk away from them, and tell them that you have NO Cash. (hide most you money elsewhere and even show him your empty wallet) you can get them to go very low in price.
I saw one I liked, and he said 30 euro, i said, that 15 was my max i'd spend on a knockoff, he said, i can do 20, i said sorry, 10-15 is max, he said ok 15, and i said, nah, i think i'll keep looking, and walked away, he followed me and said ok 10, so i said, sure. Then i realized that with it being our last day, we didn't have any euro money left and were just using our debit card at restaurants.. So I said, i'm so sorry, all I have is 7 euro, and he said, i can do 9 and i said, no really, 7 is all i have and walked away, he followed me and said, fine. 7.
so I got him to go from 30 euro all the way down to 7 for a lovely knockoff Prada bag!

Tramway in Rome

by Fam_Stoica

Rome has a 66 km length tramway line network. Trams (reserved numbers from 1 to 19) usually run from 5.00 AM to 12.00 PM (except line 8 which is operated till 2.00 AM).

There are 6 tramway lines in Rome :
* line 2 : Pl. Flaminio - P. Mancini (the shortest line, opened in 1990, Treno Articolato Stanga (TAS) cars)
* line 3 : Stazione Trastevere - Valle Giulia (SOCIMI cars)
* line 8 : Largo Argentina - Casaletto (light-rail line, opened in 1998, FIAT Cityway Roma I and II cars)
* line 14 : Stazione Termini - Via P. Togliatti (PCC and MRS cars)
* line 19 : P. Risorgimento - P. dei Gerani (TAS and Cityway Roma I cars)
* line 516 : Stazione Termini - P. dei Gerani (TAS cars)

GREAT HUGE ice creams!!

by Laura_Mexico about Old Bridge

My local friends took me to this place since my very first days in Rome as they said it was one of the best places to eat ice cream..... and I agree with them!! It's been on business for several years now, and I was glad to find out it's still there, so of course I stopped by to buy a big cone during my last visit in 2007.

It's located only a few blocks away from St. Peter's basilica, on your way to the Vatican museums -- going round the Vatican City walls. It's easy to find as it's almost on a corner (next to Piazza del Risorgimento) and you will see a lot of people with ice cream cones around. There are some times when it's crowded (you can also recognize it because of this, it's a tiny place so people gather outside even late at night) and you have to wait in line for a while, but they are pretty fast so you won't have to wait too long, and it's worth it.

They have several different flavors, the cones are pretty inexpensive and HUGE (1.50 EUR for a 2 scoop cone -- I think this is the smallest one but it's BIG!), and you can ask to have some whipped cream put on top of them..... I REALLY recommend this place, and plus it's open till midnight or later, so you can go have a great ice cream almost anytime you want!! Zabaione and Creme Caramel ice creams..... of course with whipped cream on top...... they were GREAT!!!!

Comments