DaRami Bed & Breakfast

More about Rome

Michelangelo's homeMichelangelo's home

Statues of Castor and PolluxStatues of Castor and Pollux

AltarAltar

Capitolino museum - Dying gaul.Capitolino museum - Dying gaul.

Designer outlets in Rome

by gezergirl

Are there any designer outlets in or around Rome? I'm referring to the cut price stock outlets of brand names, not the designer boutiques, like the ones near the Spanish steps.
If there are any out of town, how do you reach them by public transport?

by guzzino

"Parco leonardo" e "parco da vinci" (train from fiumicino airport, stop in "leonardo station" (for the Leonardo outlet) and/or bus (5 min.) to "da vinci outlet.
Do you need More informations??

Ciao

by gezergirl

Thank you. Can you really find bargains there on designer clothes? Is it worth the time trvelling there?

by sikorka

Ciao,
Parco Leonardo is not a designer outlet, but a shopping center with stores like:
CLASS, MARELLA, MAX & CO, OLTRE, MOTIVI etc.
In general, the prices in shopping malls are more expensive than in small boutiques. And what's important you will lose lots of time to park your car, I heard up to 1,5h to park your car in Parco Leonardo shopping center during weekends or to get there but public transport.

Personally I was once, 3 years ago, in fashion outlet Valmontone (about 70 km out of Rome, direction Cassino). I will never go there again, first I got sick of all these stores and secondly the prices were really high.

Web page: http://www.fashiondistrict.it/index.asp?lang=en

In my opinion, when you are in Rome there is no point to go to shopping malls. First, because the stores which are in shopping malls are also in the center of Rome. You will find the same boutiques in Via Cola di Rienzo, Via del Corso and Via Nazionale. On Via Cola di Rienzo and also close to Metro station S. Giovanni there is a big fashion store COIN. Another similar La Rinascente is on Via del Corso, so you can do your shopping while sightseeing.

by guzzino

i am not expert in shopping like sikorka but normaly i have my shop there , expecialy in the da vinci center that in my opinion (but i am not an expert driver) have not big problem in parking and in any case is linked with trains and bus. The prices are not bad (better than in the centre of Rome, i think) and you have not the stress of the centre of Rome.
ciao ciao

by gezergirl

Thank you both for your detailed answers.

Travel Tips for Rome

A Ceremony of Vatican

by Andrew_Liu

Vatican, the holy city of the Roman Catholicism of the world, we took a bus coming here in a clear day.
After visiting the St.Peter Cathedral a team of rich dressed people appeared from right circle post corridor. We were pleased very much and took some shots as soon as we could. We thought that it is certainly some important ceremony that is a seldom chance hardly coming by.
Only while I backed home and enjoyed this photo, I found that the team doesn¡¯t like that we thought.
But I haven¡¯t got any answer till now. If you know, tell me, please!

Old mixed with new

by leics

One of the most wonderful things about the eminently-walkable city of Rome is seeing how, over the centuries, stones and slabs and statues and marbles from the ancient city have been scavenged and re-used.

Keep your eyes open as you wander: the evidence is everywhere. Columns re-used in buidlings, architraves used for door lintels, carved stones incorporated into walls, statues in private courtyards........

I even saw chunks of black-and-white mosaic flooring used in the huge retaining wall by S.Giovanni e Paulo.

By the fountain

by fairy_dust about Trevi fountain

The Trevi fountain is always popular, even at night. It's a nice spot to hang out in the evening and there are lots of people around - tourists and locals. There are restaurants and ice cream places in the area too.

Excellent spot for dinner, reasonable prices

by vichatherly about Ciccia Bomba

A lovely restaurant with a taste of real local Roman flavour. We had a much better meal here and felt more at home with the locals than any of the restaurants that we saw in the nearby Piazza Navona, which tend to be more touristy and pricey!

I would certainly go again, given the chance. I had the tripe, which was a bit of an experiment. It turned out very nicely indeed. Excellent ricotta cream and fruit for desert.

Bus tours

by MariaMitts

Be careful when booking a tour. We booked the Vatican, Trevi foutain tour. We could not understand the tour guide even though he was ment to be speaking english. And did not even take us through the Vatican.The bus trip was ment to be door to door drop off, we had to walk 3-4 klms to get back to our hotel.
We actually saw more on the double decker bus tours. You can get on and off as you please.

Comments