Daphne Veneto

Daphne Inn Veneto
Hotels.com Expedia.com Hostelworld.com

• BobNorris's Profile Photo

Rome hotel

We stayed at this wonderful little hotel for 3 nights in march. The rooms are clean and modern with wireless internet access, but no TV. The staff was extremely helpful in planning our time and all of thier recomendations were fantastic. They provide a a local cell phone for guests to use and take the time to make sure you know your way around the city. I will definately stay thier again.

Unique Quality: Friendly. Extremely helpfull.

Directions: Near Piazza barberini

More about Daphne Veneto

Daphne Inn Veneto is Delightful!

by TripAdvisor Member grayson1818

When I read the reviews I thought it was too good to be true. It wasn't. The Daphne Veneto is the best stay in Rome. The recently remodeled rooms on the third floor are quiet (Room 303 is facing a courtyard). Rooms = simple elegance. Hair dryer and safes in room. The staff is personable, accomodating and thoughtful. Recommended Il Margutta Ristorante - vegetarian cuisine, and it was out of this world! Walking distance to everything - easy access to ATMs, subway, pharmacy and lovely restaurants. Only downside, the two rooms near reception area receive little natural light and are not as peaceful as the rooms upstairs (you can hear guests come and go and water flowing through pipes). Best gelato - San Crispino near Trevi. The Daphne staff provides a cell phone, walking tour and sight seeing suggestions...they are #1.

Great B&B in Rome!

by TripAdvisor Member Surgie

Just returned from a stay in Rome and loved the Daphne Inn. They have two locations just minutes apart from each other (Daphne Inn Veneto and Daphne Inn Trevi) and we were at the Veneto location. Both are in the Piazza Barbarini area in central Rome. (The Veneto location has 7 rooms with a lift and the Trevi location has 8 rooms but no lift.) Our room was clean and nicely decorated with comfortable matresses and en suite bathroom. Just outside our room was a little lounge with a laptop with high speed Internet access available at no charge. The breakfast was fabulous with cappuccinos made to order. A member of the staff gives a thorough orientation to Rome when you arrive and they also give you a cell phone to use while you are in Rome. I wouldn't hestitate to stay here when I return and I found the price of EU 160 per night to be very competitive for Rome.

You won't be disappointed

by TripAdvisor Member Penwal

You won't be disappointed with the Daphne Inn Veneto. A great bed and breakfast in a good location, close to all the sites yet away from the hoards of tourists. The service was excellent, the breakfast very good. What makes this B & B outstanding is the service provided by all the staff. They go out of their way to make your visit perfect. We stayed for four nights the end of April and couldn't be more pleased.

A perfect stay at the Daphne!

The start of our honeymoon was on an amazing cruise, and we decided to add on a few days in Rome before heading home. We stayed at the Daphne Inn, and we cannot rave about this hotel enough. WOW!! For the price, in comparison to what you would get at other places in Rome, this Inn is not to be missed. The rooms are newly decorated and gorgeous. Daphne Veneto is located in a nice walking area (near Barberini and not a far walk to the Trevi Fountain). The included breakfast was great AND the service was impecible. From the moment we checked in, it was like having a private concierge. One of the friendly staff members helped us to plan out our weekend by providing us with site-seeing suggestions on where and when to see the sites. It was SO helpful. They also gave us great recommendations of where to eat and even booked reservations for us. Trust me, stay at the Daphne. As you can see, there are enough positive reviews on Trip Advisor to prove me right. Afterall, these reviews led me to book this Inn. And when the staff tell you to go to San Crispino for gellato or Forno for pizza......trust them. YUM!! We will definately return to the Daphne one day.....for we threw a coin in the Trevi Fountain!

Fabulous inn, fabulous people

by TripAdvisor Member atlanta14

I couldn't agree more with the previous favorable postings. We were originally supposed to stay at the Daphne for 3 nights, but due to a last minute illness, we could only stay one night. The Daphne was beyond gracious in its understanding and booked us at the hotel next door (which was also very nice, but lacked the incredible service of the Daphne folks). In addition to the cell phone they loan out to you (at great rates, by the way), the people were incredibly nice and helpful. Even while we stayed at the hotel next door, they allowed us to avail them of their services. And the rooms themselves were extremely clean and modern-looking. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to anyone looking for a bargain in Rome.

A grand finale

Our stay at Daphne began April 2, 2005, the day the pope died. This was our last stop in Italy. Daphne kept us up-to-date on happenings in Rome during this world event. They are not just a bed & breakfast but tour guides as well. Allysa made sure we were always more than satisfied, arranging private tours of the ancient ruins, Vatican museums, and a terrific walk through Rome. All the staff made us feel welcome and comfortable at all times. Safe too! Our room was most satisfying. especially the bathroom facility. Always great restaurant recommendations, especially Armandos near the Pantheon. Delicious. Would highly recommend this to other travelers. Great location within walking distance to many sights.

No Complaints, Great Stay

by TripAdvisor Member M1799999

My family and I stayed at the Daphne Veneto for 4 nights. Like everyone has already stated, the service was good, the rooms modern and clean and breakfast was decent. We had two rooms on the fourth floor that were recently renovated. One room was larger than the other, but both could accommodate three people if needed. The free internet and cell phones, made up for the lack of a radio or tv in the rooms. They are in the process of providing a coffee and/or tea maker in the rooms. They did have a small refrigerator that came in handy, as well as an iron and ironing board and hairdryer. The property did have a small elevator. Since the rooms are located on a few different floors, you did not have the feel of staying in a hotel, or B&B, but rather in your own apartment. The location was great and the subway was a two minute walk. We would stay here again. Elyssa, Allesandro,Mimi and Nicole were wonderful hosts. We could not have asked for more. They suggested Miles & Miles for a private tour. Francesco, our guide and driver, was wonderful!
THANK YOU!

Historic timing

by TripAdvisor Member SusanRogers

My husband and I spent three nights at this B&B arriving in Rome the day John Paull II died. What and interesting time to be in Rome. The bed & breakfast was in a perfect location for walking to all the sites including St. Peter's Square, the Pantheon, Trevi fountain and the Spanish steps. We very much enjoyed our stay in Rome. The staff were all extremely helpful and friendly and recommnded a visit to a couple of churches not high on the list of tourist destinations. What a treat these turned out to be. My only suggestion would be to ask for accommodation on the second or third levels, as we stayed on the main floor and conversations taking place at the main desk were all very audible, therefore those afternoon naps (which should be part of every vacation don't you think?) were a litttle less than restful. I would not hesitate to recommend this spot to friends and renovations are planned to move the breakfast room to the main floor and relocate all the the guest accommodations to the other levels in the near future which will fix this one negative aspect of our stay at Daphne.

Best of the Best !!!

by TripAdvisor Member WorldTravellerSD

We were lucky enough to stay at the Daphne on our first visit to Rome.Everything and everyone was perfect !! We were greeted on our arrival by Elyssa who sat down with us to go over the walking tours of Rome.She must have done this dozens of times before, but her enthusiasm and knowledge of the city made us feel as if she was doing it for the first time just for us. She gave us suggestions on where to find the best shops,gelato and coffee (even telling us if we stand at the counter you pay less than sitting at a table) They even have computers with internet access available for visitors to use and a phone to take with you to keep in touch.The staff was always ready to suggest restaurants and make reservations for us.Our rooms were clean and comfortable . If you are off to Rome and want a great B&B with four star service and attitude this is the place.PVY SD

Wich Bed and Breakfast is better: Daphne Inn or Best Pantheon

by BrunoB

Hi, I'll go to Rome in february and I'd like to know if someone had already stayed in one of these B&Bs.

Regards!

RE: Wich Bed and Breakfast is better: Daphne Inn or Best Pantheon

by abarbieri

I have never seen "Best Pantheon" B&B but there are good reviews about it on www.tripadvisor.com
I could not find its web site but I do understand that it has 4 modernly decorated rooms and its address is Corso Vittorio Emanuele II N°21. That's a very busy street but it could not be more central.

I did check Daphne Inn B&B (www.daphne-rome.com) a couple of years ago and I think it was right after the opening of their second property. They are both nice, clean with a kind of modern touch decoration. The owners Elyssa (the American wife) & Alessandro (the Italian Husband) seemed to me polite and professional. All together they have 15 rooms and both locations are very central, only few minutes walk from Trevi Fountain:

Daphne Inn Trevi
Via degli Avignonesi 20

Daphne Inn Veneto
Via di San Basilio 55

I wish you all the best!!

Antonio

RE: RE: Wich Bed and Breakfast is better: Daphne Inn or Best Pantheon

by BrunoB

Thank you Antonio, I read the reviews of both B&B on Trip Advisor. Both are highly recommended. But I think Daphne is better located than Best Pantheon (I prefer the "Trevi - Spanish Steps" area). I'll contact them!

Regards!

Bruno

RE: Wich Bed and Breakfast is better: Daphne Inn or Best Pantheon

by ninaingraffia

I have been at the Luxor Hotel , good B&Breakfast it's great is on
Via Nazionale and is affordable. the staff is the best.

Nina