De La Ville Intercontinental

InterContinental de la Ville
Expedia.com Booking.com Venere.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Ask for special breakfast rate, save €20 each am

Very very disappointing for a four/five star hotel. There are only four rooms in this hotel that are worth the staying in. The honeymoon suit €€€ or one of the three rooms with terraces, the remainder are extremely ordinary and not worth it. Regarding the service, we met staff members on the first day but never again, e.g. gave the porter €20 tip for looking after bags on arrival, asked for bags to be bought to lobby on check-out and were completely ignored, we had to carry bags down six floors! The hotel has lots of ways of extracting extra money from you, if you're not checking every transaction - you must ask for a special breakfast rate and if you don't they charge you €33 for breakfast instead of €22! I needed to open a single email and print it off at reception, they charged €23! The location is not terrific at all. You may be beside the famous Spanish Steps, but when you have to climb them everytime you want to go anywhere the steps loose their appeal completely. This hotel may have been worthy of a four/five star award a decade ago but its certainly not worth even a three star award at present. DO NOT STAY HERE ROME HAS BETTER HOTELS TO OFFER.

• OnTheRoadGoombah's Profile Photo

Go Ahead and Splurge

This is the one luxury hotel that I actually paid for and wasn't reimbursed for business and well worth it. I would splurge and stay here again.

When we arrived, our room wasn't ready, so we grabbed some lunch down the street. When we checked in, the hotel sent up a fruit basket and bottle of champagne as an apology for our inconvenience.

As I remember, the hotel bar wasn't the best, but the breakfast was very good.

Also, if you have a chance, go up to the top floor and head out on the terrace. You get a great view of Rome and Saint Peters.

Unique Quality: The terrace is only one of the hightlights of this 4-star hotel.

Directions: Located at the top of the Spanish Steps, next to the Hassler

• Luxury Near Spanish Steps

With a small lobby, quite small rooms (well this is Rome) this might not be the best option near the Steps, but rooms here are very good condition (tried the basic rooms and suite) they seem to be recently renovated.. all the TV/media services are now digital etc. Also a great buffet american breakfast and excellent service. Highly recommended.

More about De La Ville Intercontinental

Started off with problems

After booking and prepaying months in advance for our September trip, upon our arrival we were told they overbooked and we were displaced to a horrible, much lesser quality hotel. We returned the next day only to have to wait two hours for our room to be ready. All the espresso and juice we wanted does not make the wait better, if that was their goal. This experience certainly soured our time in Rome.

Once we were able to stay here, the room was nice--balcony overlooking courtyard. The breakfasts were fantastic and we found the concierge to be nice, if not the most helpful.

The location was fabulous, and it can't be beat.

Great hotel in Rome!

by TripAdvisor Member maclover_it

I found this property to be great in every single aspect.
Location is fantastic, being the hotel just at the top of the Spanishs Steps. Easy walking distance to everything in the heart of the city.
I really appreciated the convenient metro station: it takes just 3 stops to reach the main railway station where you can grab a train to Fiumicino airport.

Room was great both in size and furniture, just as you could expect from a top class hotel. I mostly appreciated its quiteness, something really amazing thinking it's in the very center of the city!

But what most impressed me was the excellent staff service. Every single request got a big smile in return and everybody seemed to care a lot about guest satisfaction.

Will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Loved the Hotel de La Ville

by TripAdvisor Member MarcoBDR

The Hotel is superb. Concierge is fantastic, and adviced several restaurants in Rome and they all exceeded our expectations. Rooms are spacious and the view overlooking Rome is briiliant.
We ate in the Hotel restuarant every day for breakfast and the service and the food were excellent. We also had our New Years Eve party there and the atmosphere was amazing, we had our toast on the top floor terrace and the vew and fireworks were unbeliavable.
Altogether a briiliant experience, my compliments to the front of house, housekeeeping and an overall well run hotel. I will definetiley recommend this hotel to all my friends and family.

Holiday in Rome

by shinosg

Hi guys, its me again. My date to rome is confirmed and will be there on 28th Dec 04 till 4th Jan 05. I thought of staying in Intercontinental De La Ville. Any comments? Now I'm so worry about the weather there. I was in Paris last year mid Nov and I really felt was really cold to me (ard 6 or 7 degress celieus). How about Rome?

by ugio

oh, relax 6-7 celcius is not cold!it's brisky!
new years eve in rome is spectacular and the party never ends.don't worry about the weather, Rome isn't Oslo!you'll be ok even if it snows...but,wouldn't you love that?
have a great time

by abarbieri

Intercontinental De la Ville is a good Hotel very well located on via Sistina that is the street ending right on the upper side of the Spanish Steps.I had some clients (I work in a travel agency)who stayed there not long time ago who wher e complaining for the poor service, considering that they were paying 450 euro a night.I personally found it a little bit old fashioned and not the best option in the city center.I do prefer smaller properties with good value for money, but still with great location.End of the Year is very busy in Rome, but let me know your budget and I will be glad to check for other options for that period.
Regarding the weather, Rome has normally mild winters but some times it happens that the temperature goes down to 6-7 C° degress.
Regards,
Antonio

by nicolaitan

we have stayed here three times. Yes, the rooms are small and the staff could be more helpful. When you check in, they may give you a less desirable room- just ask in you can get another room and they will show you a better choice. I guess they try and get rid of the lesser quality rooms first. However, the location is simply the best. If you are using a travel agent (or even if not) try and get a corporate rate. The included continental breakfast is quite adequate (for Rome). And the location is superb. And with the Hassler next door, you can ALWAYS get a taxicab. We would stay there again despite a few shortcomings.

Comments