Dei Congressi

Expedia.com Venere.com Orbitz.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 25% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Rome

the Glorious Vittorio Emanuelle monumentthe Glorious Vittorio Emanuelle monument

Center left view - (no, not the political party!)Center left view - (no, not the political party!)

Stazione Termini, romeStazione Termini, rome

CampanileCampanile

Where to stay?

by sheltiegrandma

My husband and I will be going to Rome this spring, we've been once before and stayed near the colosseum in a horrible hotel. We don't want to make the same mistake this time. We'd like to be within all the fun touristy spots--Trevi, Spanish Steps, shopping, etc. Our budget is $300. per night and a 4 star rating. Any suggestions?

by leics

Look at www.booking.com, where reviews can only be written by people who have booked through the site and completed their stay.

I would also recommend www.venere.com, but unfortunately it now uses Tripadvisor reviews.

Both sites are reliable, have good mapping and your searches can be limited by area.

I would recommend the hotel I last used, but as it is near Termini it may be too far from where you wish to be.

www.domushotel.com

by Roadquill

We like the Hotel Portoghese just North of Piazza Navona. The breakfast area is on the rooftop with quaint views and was an excellent way to start off the day. All of our friends who have stayed there based upon our recommendation has enjoyed it. (it is briefly in the movie Eat, Pray, Love with Julia Roberts where the place her character stays is right across the street) Karl

by Paisleypaul

You have a good budget there and can pick all but the top hotels so 4* 5* should be no problem.
Like Leics I used to swear by venere but you will get the best deals now (and I think the same selection)at http://www.initalia.it/en/ - I have been looking at Roman and Abruzzo hotels options most of the weekend

by Maryimelda

The first time I went to Rome I stayed at the Mecenate Palace Hotel on Via Carlo Alberto. It is across the road from Santa Maria Maggiore Basilica and within easy walking distance to the Collosseum, St John Lateran's and the Roman Forum. Plenty of good restaurants around the area as well. It is really a beautiful hotel and well worth checking out. Website here:

by tnpaya

Hello,
We stayed at the Duke Hotel in Rome, 2 years ago, and plan to stay there again during our next trip. Excellent hotel. Rate ****+, about $ 210/night. Excellent breakfast. Go to it website to find out.

by sweetkoala

I like the hotel Nizza, in Castro Pretorio area. It's right next to the Termini station (if you get to there by train, it could be convenient). The Parc di Traiano and the Basilica di Santa Maggiore are near! http://www.hotel-rome-nizza.com/ . The website is a bit old but the hotel is nice though ^^. In Prati area there is the hotel Beldes. It's a beautiful hotel, close to the Vatican, the famous Basilica di San Pietro, and the Villa Borghese! http://beldeshotelrome.com/ .

by JkpRdp

We have stayed at the Alberto del senato at the pantheon. It is a wonderful hotel with lots of restaurants,gelato,etc nearby. You can walk to almost every attraction from this area. We are staying there again this summer. Go to their website to look for deals. Goodluck.

by JkpRdp

Travel Tips for Rome

Free water

by tim07

Walking round Rome can be thirsty work, especially in the Summer. Near to all the major attractions you'll find stalls selling food & drink. A half litre bottle of water costing 2 Euros.

However, also near to the attractions & throughout the city, you'll find fountains & water taps. These will give you an endless supply of free drinking water. So by a bottle for your 1st drink, don't throw it away & keep topping it up for free.

great coffee

by lucamag

One of the best and favorite coffees in Rome can be found right in between piazza navona and the pantheon. It's the Caffè Sant'Eustachio, in Piazza Sant'Eustachio 82.

Their best is the Grancaffè that is a foamy double coffee. You will notice that there is no sugar in sight: that is because they take care of that and if you ask for additional sugar, they will give it to you, but with a little disappointment (as if you know better than them on the right amount of sugar to use...).

Rocca di Papa is a town on the...

by mannymiami

Rocca di Papa is a town on the east side of Lago Albano. Its up on a hill top and from there You can get a great view of Lake Albano,as well as great places to eat.Thats me and one of my best friends in Rome.

FCO TO Roma Termini

by maritoni

I found this great service from the internet search. They will greet you from the airport with plackard sign - last name - carry or assist with your luggages - take you to a Mercedes Benz sedan (we are 3 passengers) and took us to ROMA Termini at 35 Euro (plus tip, of course)... 30 mins trip only with some story telling with the driver... Better than taking the train will all our luggages...

Cafeteria Pizzeria

by kbsunnyside about L'Angolo di Napoli

In 2007 this changed from a cafeteria to a sit down restaurant. The prices are higher, I have not yet tried the restaurant

Changing cold and hot entrees daily. Reasonably priced friendly service and you can always find a seat.

Also serves dinner, but I prefer lunch. The crowd arrives at 1:00pm Salads and hot rice dishes are good. Salads with meat get a bit pricey (relatively).

Comments