4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Costs 28% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Empire Palace Hotel

Empire Palace Hotel 5* not 4*

by TripAdvisor Member THERESA

My Family and I stayed at The Empire Palace Hotel for 12 nights and it was Fantastic. The entire Staff was just Wonderful to our Family. They went our of Their Way to make several arrangements and phone calls for Us. They also called an Elderly Relative and translated for Us since none of Us could speak Italian, and the Gentelman that made the call for Us (Simone) had a hard time understanding our Cousin because of the Calabria dialect, and it was really Sweet how Patient and Kind Simone was on the phone with our Cousin. This Hotel was a Pleasure to walk into everday after sight seeing all day. The Hotel is within walking distance to most major sights. We took the Metro to the Vatican 2 times, and a Cab one time because of a Pick pocket incident(we had 2 incidents) the day Before. Breakfast was included with our Hotel Room and what a Breakfast it was. Fresh Fruit, Cheese, Salami, Ham, Rolls, Crossiants, Chocolate cake and cupcakes, Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, toast, juices, bottled water, cereal and the best coffee with frothed milk. It was served in the Hotel's Main Restaurant, and though the first couple of days the staff was very proffesional, but not real friendly. But on the third day, we asked to take pictures with the staff for our Holiday Scrap book, and something clicked, and We all just ended up being like Family. Every morning We were greeted with huge smiles and lots of broken Italian/English. We all tried to communicate the best we could. Our Room was on the small side, but Spotless and always warm and stocked to the Maxx with Towels, Shampoo,Bodywash, Body oil, Lotion and Robes with Slippers. HouseKeeping was excellent and very friendly, once again between our Itlaian/English We were able to get by. We tipped our Maids in the Morning and Evening Turndown Service, and We tipped the Breakfast staff everyday too. They were very appreciative of the tips too. They all went out of their way to aknowledge the Tip, which I thought was very nice. I can't say enough good things about this Hotel. I would Highly recommended to everyone. I had emailed the Hotel several times before We left, and each one was anwsered within a day. I had made all the arrangements for this Holiday for My Husbands Family, and I was really getting Stressed and was really worried about the Hotel since We were staying for 12 nights, and I wanted it to be Perfect, and it was, The Hotel made Me look good to My In Laws. They Loved it and the Staff was very Kind to them. I couldn't Thank them enough for that. If You have any Questions Please let Me know. I'd Love to tell You more about it....

GREAT HOTEL IN ROME

by motorcitykitty about EMPIRE PALACE HOTEL

See Simone at the front desk, he returned all my emails within 24 hours and when I arrived and finally met him face to face Ciao Bella, He was Beautiful and Friendly. Though the rooms were small they were spotless and cleaned 2x a day. Took a while to remember to use room key to turn lights on (very jimmy carter to conserve energy)Euro products in the bathroom, no shower curtain but I found that to be the norm in Europe. The breakfast was to die for. I mean what a way to start the day. Fresh food everyday. My Niece just mentioned the crossiants the other morning. Had us all dreaming of Rome again.

loved the empire palace

by TripAdvisor Member dentist1

I just came back from five days in rome. i stayed at the empire palace and just loved it. i got there early and they still arranged for me to get into my room. the room was tiny but there was still a great bed, desk, mini bar, nice closet to store my clothes. the bathroom all in marble was also spotless with beautiful towels, bathrobe and slippers. in the room is a flat screen tv. the tv can also be used for a fee to go on the internet so you do not have to bring your own computer. the front desk staff could not be any more helpful and so polite. before i got there i contacted them by the internet and they were great. when i got there i do not speak any italian but they helped me so much, they provided me maps and helped me make some calls and explained alot about some sites that you need to call ahead for. there is a buffet breakfast to start your day off with coffee, teas, eggs, bacon, breads, fruits, cheeses, meats, cakes and yogurts. my room was kept spotless and they turn down the bed in the evening. there is a courtyard attached to the bar where you can sit in the sun or shade and relax with drinks and food. that was my favorite part. the hotel is located about five blocks from the tourist attractions but worth the quiet of the street. there are restaurants on the street as well as a store around the corner for groceries and wine. i was in rome five years ago before this and stayed at a top hotel (the dollar was stronger) and no one paid attention, here it was just wonderful. again i have to stress how clean the hotel was!!!

Great stay in Rome

Everything about the Empire Palace Hotel in Rome was wonderful. Fantastic restaurant and helpful, friendly staff.
I would rate this hotel 5 stars instead of the four star rating. I will definitly stay there again.

Would highly recommend this hotel

My husband and I, together with another couple spent four nights in the Empire Palace Hotel in February. We were very impressed with it in a variety of ways - namely: the warmth and helpfulness of all staff, the comfort and cleanliness of the rooms, the quality of the breakfasts, the decor and the hotel's position as a convenient base for visiting Rome's places of interest.
2 tiny niggles, which by no means detracted from the pleasure of our stay - 1) It would have been nice to have had a British newspaper 2) The pillows were a little hard for my liking (my travelling companions had no complaints about them, however!)
We have and will continue to recommend this excellent hotel to anyone travelling to Rome, and we certainly plan to go back there as soon as we can.

Fabulous Hotel - Good location!

by TripAdvisor Member buersout

My boyfriend and I have just returned from a fantastic 5 day break to Rome. On booking a hotel my first port of call was to visit this site! And it was right! The Empire Palace Hotel is fabulous - It is in a nice area and is pure luxury.
The hotel is not far from the Termini - which worried us - but it is not a problem at all. In fact, it is an easy enough 5-10 minutes walk (with a map) to the hotel . So no need for a taxi!
The area has a good choice of restaurants - edoardo's ristorante on Via Lucullo is good - and they give lots of free side dishes with your starters! We never felt unsafe in this area and it is not too far to walk to all the attractions (except the vatican). Whatever you do - Dont leave without a map!
Talking of food - we tried a few places - Henry Cows is good (just round the corner) for a relaxing meal (not fancy) and nerone (good roman cuisine) by the colloseum. But by far the best we had - was actually at the hotel - The Aureliano - It is expensive but not by that much more - starters are brilliant and very fancy - the pasta is great - the mains are fabulous - especially the fillet steak - and the desserts are to die for - whoever thought strawberies in balsamic vingear could be so delicious!!!

The hotel rooms are small - but not that much smaller. They are very tastefully decorated and are luxurious - turn down service, slippers and bathrobes are a big bonus and the bathroom is lovely. Although our shower was a little small and some people could have a problem! The mini bar is fuly stocked but expensive. Beer and wine is really cheap round the corner in the grocery store! So buy it instead!
We had no problems with noise as we overlooked the courtyard.
The Blue Bar in the hotel is great for afrter dinner coctails!
Staff are courteous and polite - the porters and doormen and those that work in the bar and restaurant are great!!!!!

I would highly recommend this hotel - especially to those who are looking for a great trip to Rome in luxurious surroundings.

very pleasant

by TripAdvisor Member lvm1

We stayed 3 nights at the Empire Palace at the start of our trip and 1 night at the end. It is a very nice, extremely clean hotel and most sights are walkable. The staff is very professional and helpful. The first 3 nights we had a corner outside room which was a bit noisy due to some construction, but on the return we asked for a courtyard room which was very quiet. The rooms are quite nice and look newly decorated; no wear on the furniture and the beds are excellent.We felt extremely safe in this hotel/area.Breakfast was excellent.

Beautiful but Small

by TripAdvisor Member MitchellN

We stayed at the Empire Palace for one night just 3 night ago.
We were scheduled to stay at the Mascagni but they overbooked and sent us here for a night.
Our first impression was "can we stay here for the rest of the trip" of course the answer was no.
The Lobby and layout was very sophisticted, "chic".
The room was on the small side but ok as was the bathroom. The room and especially the bathroom were beautiful and complimeneted the rest of the hotel.
The shower was incredibly small (but beautiful) and my wife and daughter and I all laughed and were thankful we were not overweight.
The staff seemed reserved but possibly because we were not real guests and would be moving in a day.
The location was fine - we spent our first afterrnoon walking to the Spanish Steps, The Trevi Fountain and then to an early dinner and bed.
I am writing this from the Mascagni and will write a seperate review of the mascani when we leave.

Fine hotel with mixed results

by TripAdvisor Member Writer/Director

After staying at another "Small Luxury Hotel" the night before in Venice, we had expectations that this hotel would be just as great. Well, it wasn't. Sure, it was clean, had the same spotless rooms, linens, etc., but the rest was so-so. Some of the staff was excellent and very helpful. The others weren't. When we told the conceirge we wanted to get tickets to see the inside of the Colosseum he said, "You don't want to see the inside of the Colosseo, it's RUINED. Just rent the movie (Gladiator), it looks better." HA! After he said that we noticed how "ruined" much of Rome is. It really isn't "Roman Holiday" that's for sure! Back to the hotel... One night we asked the front desk to give us a place that serves risotto. He said, "No, not in Rome. That's in Milan. Rome is about seafood." (Even though their restaurant at the hotel serves vegetable risotto). We told him we did not want seafood. He finally found us a restaurant that served good risotto, but when we got there we realized it was all seafood, so we took off and went to another place. CAUTION: maps of Rome look huge but they are deceiving. You can walk every place from this hotel. The Via Veneto (where the Excelsior hotel is) is only a short walk. It's just confusing because there are no street signs and it's easy to get lost. There are many street-side restaurants near the hotel on Via Veneto that were lovely to eat at. One, at the top of the steps just off Via Veneto, was a wonderful place to eat. It was great to fill up there (great penne Arribiata!) and walk back to the hotel. The first night we ate at the hotel restaurant. It was decent (a bit too salty), but otherwise was fine. We had a superior larger room with King-sized bed facing the interior courtyard. Not sure if the rooms facing the street cost more, but I can tell you there is no view. The hotel's location is very peculiar. If I ever go back to Rome, which I doubt I will, I won't stay here again. (I do want to add that one reason taxi drivers might not find the hotel is because there is another street in Rome that sounds similar to this street. And if you aren't speaking perfect Italian, they might misunderstand what you're saying. I read that there were difficulties with taxis finding the hotel, so when we stayed here I asked the front desk to give me a business card with the hotel's address on it. I also kept a little map in my pocket so when we got into taxis, we could tell the driver where to go and we wouldn't need to worry about correct pronounciation. If you do this you won't have any trouble!) Even though this hotel was lovely to look at and felt comfortable, I would still encourage anyone determined to travel to Rome to stay elsewhere, and anyone determined to travel to Italy to stay in Venice instead.

Pleasant and Well Located

by TripAdvisor Member Jencinar

The rooms are small, that's true, you can hardly fit in. But the bathroom is really great by comparison.

I really like the area and it's in the middle of Rome. Only a tourist would say this is far from the center. You can walk to the center of rome in less than 10 minutes and you have many important sites really nearby (San Carlo alle Quattro Fontane, the Thermas of Diocleciano), it's also walking distance from Termini Station which is good if you are coming from the airport.

The staff are friendly and the prices are OK if you consider the prices of hotels in Rome. I paid 176 euros per night booking through their website.

ForumForum

Bocca de la Verita - Rome - ItalyBocca de la Verita - Rome - Italy

Vatican Museums, Frescoed Ceiling, May 2007Vatican Museums, Frescoed Ceiling, May 2007

Hercules, 30.May.2007Hercules, 30.May.2007

preferred hotel in Rome

by doktor_mars

I am plannin to travel to Rome in Feburary 2008.I would like to know preferred hotel in Rome which does not pinch the pocket but does provide good service and is secure ,also is near most of the tourist places .Cheers

by Roadquill

"pinch the pocket" is a bit too subjective. Better to have an actual euro range you are trying to budget. We liked the Hotel Lancelot by the Colosseum 170 euro a night for a double. That is the rack rate. If you book through a site life venere you should be able to to do better. We also like the Hotel Portghese by Piazza Navona which is a bit more. You can find less expensive places by Termini Station. Karl

by domenicococozza

Another reasonably priced hotel is the Hotel Rex, near the opera house. It carries a 4 star rating with 3 star prices.

by ivahm4u

Just returned from Rome & found a gem of a hotel in a great area with great services & price thru Expedia. It is the Empire Palace Hotel near Via Veneto on a quiet street with doorman service & great rooms & expensive restaurant! They recommended a fabulous little restaurant around the corner named La Lampada! The hotel was $250 per night which is great for a 4 star hotel, especially in that area! Good luck!

Comments