Via Aurelia 617-619, Rome, Lazio, 00165, Italy

Booking.com Priceline.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 28% lower than similarly priced 4 star hotels

• DON'T STAY AT THE ERGIFE PALACE HOTEL

I was with a group of American sailors, 52 of us. The hotel gave us substandard rooms. The rooms were dirty, wallcoverings falling off the walls and dirty. Wires hanging from the ceiling, no floor covering, charged to use the pool, poor location. What you save in the location you pay in transportation to and from the hotel THE SERVICE...was the pits. No customer service at all...we were just numbers to them. Not a friendly face in the crowd...the bar charged us 9Euro for a mixed drink. That's almost 12 US dollars per drink. Substandard rooms, horrible service, terrible breakfast... a pool that costs...
    horrid location, no restaurants nearby. DON'T STAY HERE!

Unique Quality: 1000 ROOMS
    Elevators don't work

Directions: Working, industrial part of Rome

• GJR715's Profile Photo

Crash n Burn

the service and breakfast were superb, but be ready for the room. very small and 2 single beds! except for that i'd reccoommend it for decent accomodateions. it was part of our package and we were only in the room to sleep, the rest of our day was full of travel throughout this beautiful eternal city! it is far from the city so be ready to take the metro or cab, cab rides were ~ 10E.

Unique Quality: nice view from small balcony. decent guest relations for english speaking people.

Directions: west of vatican city

• Rome's Biggest Ripoff

I am in Rome with a tour group, and on the last night we stayed at this place. A better name would be the Bates Motel, as in Norman Bates! We walk into a stunningly beautiful lobby, and are all excited about our final stay. We go upstairs to our rooms and discover the sleaziest place I have ever seen. My roommate and I had to change rooms at 1am because water was running down the wall and through the electrical outlets in the bathroom! They never did send anyone to check it out! We had dinner at the hotel, and our menu most likely was: Chef Boyardee Ravioli, Banquet Turkey and Gravy, Duncan Hines cake. Definitely don't waste your money here!

• volarevolare's Profile Photo

A Retro Hotel

Okie... this hotel looks like it's seen better days...

It's got a few wings and these are characterised by long corridors with garish carpeting and small yellow lamps hanging sporadically on the walls... remember "The Shining"? Yah... something like that.

Anyway, I was not too impressed by it. Even the rooms are small and oldish looking. The furnishings look very reminiscent of the late 60s and 70s.

I'm glad we stayed there for just 1 night at the start of the holiday, and 1 night at the end of the holiday.

The good thing is that just outside the hotel, there's a bus stop and buses that will take you to the Vatican and to the city. It's along Via Aurelia I think.

Unique Quality: It's really nondescript in an almost grey coat of paint...

An interesting thing happened to a fellow traveller we met at breakfast... apparently someone was knocking on their door very late at night... repeatedly... but each time they opened the door, there was no one.

Go figure! hehehe... I like to think they were mistaken and that it was someone knocking on their wall instead of the door.

I'm just glad it was not OUR room! :) whew!

• yasi's Profile Photo

From Lit. 200.000 to Lit. 280.000

Unique Quality: It's a cheap and very big hotel but i don't recommend it 'cause its very old, not very clean and its far away from the center(it's not even close to metro,u have to change two bus to go to the city center).It cost 18,000-20,000 lire with taxi from the Piazza Spagna.

• Goner's Profile Photo

Due to the 2000 Jubilee Holy...

Due to the 2000 Jubilee Holy Year, Rome spent much money and time cleaning up their monuments and their hotels. Italian hotels are classified on a star system, from one to five. One star is usually a pensioni, which are cheap but have very few ammenities. Of course the more stars the more facilities, a higher rating. Many hotels have weekend rates. There is a booking service at www.venere.com which has a long list of hotels in all price ranges. Always reserve a room well in advance, especially during the summer (January through March and August are usually cheaper however).

Unique Quality: The Ergife Palace has 220 rooms and 5 suites with panoramic terraces overlooking Rome and Colli Albani. It's a 4-star hotel with a large pool.

More about Ergife Palace Hotel

Accomodation on arrival

by MattWill75

I arrive in Rome on the 27th March with my girlfreind and am considering just looking for somewhere to stay when i arrive. Is this recommended, as all the decent deals i have found on the net are hotels located miles from the city. Surely there must be a few B&B's who have good rates and do not advertise on the net? Is there a tourist office by the termini that could help me?

Thanks

by STECRIDA

Hi, I've stayed right by the Spanish steps at Hotel City, vie Due Macelli (3*). If I remember correctly, I don't think we spent more than $150USD for a double. That's a great price considering how central the hotel is, its continental breakfast, and especially no need for further transportation once you get there. Good luck. PS stay away from Hotel Ergife. It's HORRIBLE!!

by Ciambella

March 27 is Easter Sunday; you should make a reservation ahead of time if you want to find a good place to stay. The tourist office on that day will be staff with a skeleton crew to deal with a horde of desperate people who don't have hotels or train tickets. Also, anything the tourist office has on their list of accommodations is the same thing I can find on the Net; they pull the list out of the computer as I do, they don't have any secret there at all.

RE: RE: Accomodation on arrival

by Ciambella

There are a lot of hotels in the heart of the city, what is your idea of "decent deals"?

by HeavenlyHolidays

Obviously we advertise on the net, but im sure we can be of benefit to you during your stay in rome, we get very busy over easter, but if you let me know exactly what you want to do and what your hoping to pay, im sure i can arrange this for you. Take a look at our website http://www.angelfire.com/super2/heavenlyholidaysrome/

or call us - 0039 (0)69082291

As the phone can sometimes get busy, please try e-mailing us(and attatch your phone number)at marcoshoshanna@tiscali.it

I hope i have helped you,
Shanna.