Esposizione Hotel

Satisfaction Average

More about Rome

Sancta SanctorumSancta Sanctorum

Bar Along the SquareBar Along the Square

Unending wine bottle....bad bad badUnending wine bottle....bad bad bad

Fontana di Trevi by night.Fontana di Trevi by night.

by itchie75

Do we have to go from the train station at Civitavecchia to Termini and then catch a train back to Ostia Antica? Or is there a stop sooner that we can get off at and then catch a train back to Ostia Antica? Like the Piramide stop? Stazione? Ostiense? Or?

Also I saw that you can take a boat along the Tiber river from Rome to Ostia Antica. Has anyone experienced that good or bad, cost, and the location to catch the boat relative to Termini or other stop?

I know I can spend mucho EURO for a taxi or shuttle from Civitavecchia to Ostia but trying to keep it reasonable. Any other suggestions?

Re: We want to go from Civitavecchia to Ostia Antica by train Is the easiest way thru Rome?

by qaminari

Just to complete answer to your other question, I can't see an easier way of doing it by bus. These are all the buses to/from Lido di Ostia: http://www.lidodiostia.org/bus.htm - there are none to Civitavecchia itself and as regards changing in central Rome (Ostia is part of the Rome transport system), it looks less convenient than by train (note that the 080N is the night-time replacement of the train anyway).

Travel Tips for Rome

Borghese Museum

by sandysmith

Although we didn't go in this museum - we just enjoyed the park around it - it is well recommended. Make plenty of time for it there seemed to be quite a queue to get in as there are timed admissions.
Staues and paintings a plenty to found within

Farmacia dela Scala; an old pharmacy.

by Maurizioago

Farmacia della Scala was opened to the public (Popes; their families and to wealthy people) in 1700.

It is quite difficult to visit this old pharmacy. First you have to convince the priest who lives there to let you in ... If you'll succeed, you will be offered a guided tour of the place.

This pharmacy lies not far from S. Maria in Tastevere church. It is located in the same building of the "Farmacia della Scala" (the new one).

For a drink or three in Testaccio

by baronedivandastad about On The Rox

This pub, owned by two funny Danish brothers and managed by people of all sorts of nationality, is one of the brightest stars of the Testaccio nightlife.

Never too quiet, and never too crowded (except for a few Saturdays), it retains a laid-back atmosphere that makes it very easy to meet new people. It also has a good mix of Italians and foreigners, and a bunch of regulars that you'll find almost every night in there.

In the summer it has a very pleasant terrace, where you can get served at the table for an extra fee.

The quick and polite barmen will prepare you cocktails of all sorts from the almost endless list of hard booze. They also have a few decent wine bottles and four beers by the draught, including the excellent Peroni Gran Riserva, an Italian double malt lager.

They can also make you hot dogs or sandwiches, though some of Rome's best restaurants (including the adjacent Da Pecorino - see my tip) are only metres away.

Overall, a very nice place. The only bad mark goes to the toilets, which regularly lack soap and leave a lot to be desired as per cleanliness. Take it easy.

Amazing restaurant

by FieryRedhead about Zeus Ristorante*Grill*Pizzeria

I ate there the last three nights I was in Rome. I found it by complete accident and was so thrilled that I kept going back. The manager is Peter and he speaks five languages. Luis Alberto is the friendly man with the warm smile running around making sure that everyone is taken care of. The food is amazing, and you can have anything from dessert and coffee to a five course meal. My mother and I ordered appetizers, soup, first and second courses, dessert, mineral waters and several cafe lattes and our bill was 80 euro. Another time I ordered pasta and coffee and my bill was 13 euro. It could fit into anyone's budget, and the warm atmosphere and friendly staff are definitely worth the trip.

** Note: The A line metro closes at 9 at night and I was always there later than that. To get back to Termini Station walk back up to the fountain, turn right and walk a few minutes to Termini. You can also catch a bus to Termini across the street from the restaurant, and from there take any bus or the B line. ** We did not eat anything here that was less than spectacular! Altogether I sampled and/or ate the following:

Antipasta, salad, four cheese ravioli, tortellini, lasagna, pesci de sal (salted fish), carpaccio, soup, vegetables, bread, tiramisu, linguini and coffee!! Everything was wonderful!

I'm sure there's something I'm forgetting but if you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Great place for a drink

by theodoreconrad

Roma didn't really seem like the 'party' type of town, but this place is much different. There are many bars and shops surrounding the square, and the square is filled with many many people. I was there around the time of the Wales v. Italia match, and it was madness. As I was climbing the statue of Giordano Bruno to try to find my friends, some guy picked up my beer bottle and hurled it into the crowd hitting a Welshman in the face and starting a small riot. Once you've had enough of the loud party here, go buy an enormous bottle of wine and drink it with some friends at the Trevi fountain, there's always lots of people there.

Comments