Via Palestro 87 int. 21, Rome, 00185, Italy
Booking.com Hotels.com Venere.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Rome

Too Much Information!Too Much Information!

the storethe store

Leonardo ExpressLeonardo Express

Ciao!Ciao!

Wedding in Rome

by chuchit123

Hello everyone!

I've just been to a very wonderful and romantic guy. And I absolutely feel I must be the luckiest girl in the world. :-)

We're planning to have the wedding next year, May 2009. And I hope you can help me with my queries since we dont live in Rome. Please?

1. Wedding coordinators - we're undecided between Gabriella Lojocano or Daniela de Luca. Anybody who can recommend betwen the two?

2. Church - Can anybody recommend me a good church, please? Which to choose - Santa Maria Aracoeli or Basilica Maggiore?

3. Photographer? - a very good one

4. What's the weather like in May?

We really hope you can help us with the above queries.

Thank you very much. :-)

by leics

You are indeed lucky.

I can't help with wedding co-ordinators or photographers, but I think little would beat SM Maggiore for a setting. It is stuffed with history and atmosphere.

As for the weather, this site will give you a rough idea:

Hopefully it will be perfect: blue skies, sushine, not too hot.

by NorCal08

Having gotten married in Rome myself, you should be aware that obtaining a marriage license to be married in Italy is a pain (epecially for non-Italians). Say no more. Being Catholic, which I am guessing you are, allows you to be married at the Vatican, which being its own City/State, is not subject to Italian requirements for a marriage license. If my guess is correct, you should contact your parrish priest, who can make all the arrangements for you. Ultimately, my wife and I were married at the Vatican, stress free. Good luck and congrats.

by chuchit123

Thanks for the replies.

I've already inquired about Vatican. They wont let us there because we have limited number of guests. I think you'd have to have at least 30 people for them even to consider it.

I think I'm going to go for SM Maggiorre.

How about photographers? I want the pictures to be the best!

by NorCal08

When we were married at the Vatican we made arrangements through the Church of Santa Susanna, which is the American Catholic Church in Rome. At the time (12 years ago), there was no "minimum" guest requirement, although it would appear based on the info on the church website that they have become a bit more particluar. Try the following link http://www.santasusanna.org/weddingsRome/weddingsRome.html.

It has some very useful info. Good luck.

by Valentina82

I know a great photographer, Andy Paradise! I've met him in London but he comes to Italy quite often for work.

Here is his website: http://www.paradisephoto.co.uk/ and here you'll find some examples of his wedding services: http://web.mac.com/andyparadise/iWeb/Site%201/Wedding%20Photography.html

you can tell him that Valentina's given his contacts to you ;)

Regarding wedding coordinators, I do prefer Gabriella Lojacono... a close friend of mine has organized her wedding in Rome through http://www.wedding-in-rome.com/ and Gabriella was just perfect!

Travel Tips for Rome

Fontana di Nettuno

by Gypsystravels

Located on the northern end of Piazza Navona you will find the Fontana di Nettuno (Foutain of Neptune), one of the three fountains located here. The Fontana del Nettuno which is also known as the Calderari was built by Giacomo della Porta (along with the other fountain, Fontana Moro). The statues of Neptune surrounded by sea nymphs were added in the 19th century.

Mausoleum of Augustus

by WulfstanTraveller

The mausoleum of Augustus is rarely visited because it is kind of out of the way and there is not really that much to see. However, for anyone interested in history and especially Rome, it is a significant place since it is the mausoleum of the very first "emperor" who transformed Rome from a republic, and ended the long period of civil wars that were ripping it apart. It is fascinating to know that this person was buried here almost 2,000 years ago.

Cabaret, Folk Music, Exhibits, Animation, etc

by Jeannkelly about Castel San' Antangelo

Especially during summer, Castel San'Antangelo is open to the public at night. There are the Cabaret (short theatrical performances), live folk music (Celtic at the time we went), animations for children (clowns), galleries, souvenir shopping and even dining located on the different terraces and courtyards all over the castle. Other than of course a night tour inside the castle and a night view of its surroundings, which is a whole lot of a different experience than the day tour.

The events/activities (excluding dining and shopping) mentioned above all included in the entrance fee that cost about 10euro. Come as you may, though I notived that more of the ladies wear some bit of casual chic attire, but it is really not necessary unless of course you wish to dine.

Ristorante Pizzeria in Trastevere

by jantichm about Taberna de'Mercanti

The Taberna de'Mercanti offers meat and all kinds of Italian dishes in an attractive setting.

It's a very typical rustic Roman Restaurant of the 17th century. And you can find huge candles in every table and other details like: garlic, onions and peppers hang from the beams, as well as antique oil lanterns.

The Taberna is very famous amongst the Romans, because has kept the true traditional Italian cuisine and many of them can recommend you. I was in winter and It was wonderful to have a dinner in front of a warm fireplace.

The Taberna Dei Mercanti, a very quiet area, right in the heart of Trastevere quarter. The atmosphere is very informal. Meat is the speciality of the restaurant. It's roasted with firewood.

Dessert: Tiramisu (homemade)

Giardini Segreti di Villa Borghese

by sikorka

Giardini Segreti (Secret Gardens) are part of Villa Borghese, they are called "secret" because they were private and for exclusive use of the owner. Usually, they are closed for public, but last Saturday we were lucky to enter and see them thanks to the Culture Week in Rome (25- 31 March) and the tour “Visita guidata ai Giardini Segreti del Principe”.

The Secret Gardens are located right close to Galleria Borghese, the first one was created around the end of XV century and is called "The Garden of Bitter Oranges" (in Italian "dei melangoli" o "aranci amari"). The second one, the beginning of XVI, is called The Flower Garden (dei fiori) and besides beautiful flowers there is unique building of aviary.
The third one was built around 1680 and on one of its end there is Casino della Meridiana, the building which used to be a snack spot back in XVII ("la casina delle delizie").
The gardens surely are worth your visit while you will be in Villa Borghese and even though they are usually closed you can see a lot thru the fence.

Comments