Via Nazionale 46, Rome, Lazio, 00184, Italy

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• PabloPaolucci's Profile Photo

my one choice in rome

We have been to this hotel every time we went to rome, the first time was luck, after that we always choosed

From day one to the last attention is always perfect. In our first trip we get advise on tours and how to move in the city

Reception is real multilingual, I manage some italian, but there was always someone to speak english and spanish.

At this point we were there so many times that they dont ask us anymore if we need directions.

On november the airline made a mistake and offer us 10 more days in rome for compensation I insisted in asking the same hotel and they said of course but we will give you the smallest room available, a closet barely. I answer bring it on ;). The management kept us in our room that was a suite at no extra charge.

They go above and beyond to give you the best service

Unique Quality: free internet on the room
    breakfast included if you want
    nice restaurant
    room service

Directions: near termini, if you have much luggage take a taxi if not walking distance

• andrea.d's Profile Photo

Fantastic location

This is a 4* hotel situated in a very heart of Rome. It's very modern, clean, the staff was lovely and competent.
    They offer 2 types of rooms, standard and superior. Standard is a bit smaller in size, but as i heard also very nice.
    All the rooms are recently renovated, and have air conditioning, individual heating, an ensuite with bath or shower, satellite television, ADSL internet access, wifi, safe deposit box, minibar and nice selection of courtesy products.
    I must also add that the breakfast bufe was excellent.

Unique Quality: Probably the best thing about this hotel is location. It's located in Via Nazionale which is in the very center of Rome, and all the mayor attractions are a walking distance.

• Lovelite's Profile Photo

Awesome Location

I stayed here in Feb 2008. After an all night flight from the US i arrived at the hotel at about 1pm, unfortunately check in wasnt until 2pm. They offered to hold my bags for me, but i decided to just hang out in the lobby because i was exhausted. The room was small, but most are in Europe compared to the US. It was comfortable and enough room for myself. I wasnt planning on spending much time there so it didnt matter. There was a small grocery store acrossed the street, you can get fresh bread, cookies, cheeses, good variety of things. I definitely recommend the bread and the cookies :) I was able to walk to all the main sightseeing areas (Pantheon, Colosseum, Via Corso) from here. I took a tour up to the vatican which picked me up from the hotel so im not sure how far that is, but im sure its walking distance. This Hotel was excellent, very clean, staff was incredibly friendly and helpful.

More about Eurostars International Palace

international palace hotel

by TripAdvisor Member hanzdatdodishes

Used this hotel for a first trip to rome which was the right decission.Hotel location great, fifteen minute walk to the roman forum which we found to be a good start point for the rest of the day.Hotel accomodation slightly larger than usual city accomadation, helpful staff and a great breakfast!
i would deffinetly pay a little extra for this hotel and have peace of mind.

Nice location in Rome

by TripAdvisor Member drswaim

We stayed at the International Palace on the Via Nationale in Rome in November. Our room was on the main street, but noise was minimal thanks to double windows and curtains. Still, the back rooms would be quieter for light sleepers. Breakfast was a nice buffet, though the same food each day, but lots to choose from. The hotel is up from the Victor Emmanuel Monument, and down from the Baths of Diocletian and the main train station. The lobby is lovely and the staff helpful. There are many small shops and bodegas nearby. Many buses go by and the stop is just down from the hotel. It is not luxurious by any means, but comfortable, clean, and convenient.There are not many amenities here, but for a nice stay in Rome at a reasonable price, this hotel will do very nicely.

Rome is Fantastic Hotel not so great

The main reason I wanted to write this review is to help others like me who wanted to explore Rome over a few days, but not spend millions of pounds. I needed a good clean friendly hotel that was central to everything.

The International Palace hotel is definitely central ( but so are many others make sure u do your homework).

When I booked this hotel it was not made clear that breakfast was not included, there was only a shower in the bathroom, that the double bed was two beds pushed together, that the tv was tiny, that there was only the BBC World news channel for english speakers otherwise brush up on your italian, and that the hotel had two lifts one that went as slow as your grandmother and the other was a 10min walk round a labrinth of corridors.

This hotel really disappointed me as this was my husbands 40th birthday celebration. Pls pls look around on tripadviser - I wish I had

Fits the bill

by TripAdvisor Member sanmig

We stayed at the International Palace from 20th to 31st March, 2005. Considering that this was Easter week-end we had a great special offer price of around £650 for the week with Expedia, booked in October 2004. We stayed in a double room which by European standards is average size, but by US standards, small. There was limited storage space for two people's clothing for a week (I don't pack light!). Bathroom was good size, clean with ample towels. Room was cleaned promptly each morning. The hot plate 'set up' in the wardrobe was a little puzzling, with no pans, crockery or cutlery, I'm not sure what use it is! Friendly and approachable desk staff. Breakfast was chaotic on Good Friday, but tables were made available in the smaller dining area. Good selection of cooked meat - hot and cold, cheese, eggs, pastries etcl plenty of tea, coffee and fruit juice.

Hotel is about 20 minutes average walking time from Colosseum area. 15 minutes to Trevi Fountain/Spanish Steps. Bus to Vatican stops outside hotel or train from Repubblica a 5 minute walk up Via Nationale. Wherever you walk there is something to see en route.

Hotel's pasta restaurant is adequate, service OK but plenty of alternatives near hotel if after a day's walking you don't want to venture too far.

Convenient Spar across the road for picnic snacks and refreshments open untl about 9:30pm.

My main criteria for a hotel is that it is in a good location, is clean and has comfortable beds, International Palace fits the bill, I would recommend a stay here when in Rome.

Lovely place, great location!

by TripAdvisor Member alex26

I have read other Trip Advisor reviews about this hotel and all I can say, is don't listen to the negative ones! This hotel is absolutely lovely!

When we arrived at the International Palace, I was first of all very impressed when I walked in to the Reception - it is beautiful! I was hoping the rest of the hotel was up to this standard and I was't dissapointed. Check in was extremely quick and easy and we found the staff extremely helpful - they would quite happily book you a taxi (which was a blessing when the rain was flying down!) or give you advice on where to go. All I can say about the people who have found them to be arrogant and unhelpful is that you get out of people what you put in! We tried to use a few Italian words and phrases which the Italians really appreciate.

The rooms are quite small, but not tiny like some people have said! But they are very clean, and the bathroom is a good size with an amazing shower! Just what you need on those early mornings! Apparently all hotel rooms in Rome are quite small so this is not something that is only at the International Palace! But how much room do you want?? The bed is comfy and there is plenty of space for two.

Breakfast is served from 7.00 - 10.30 which was fine for us as we were up very early to try and beat the queues both mornings that we were there. There was bacon, eggs, sausages, toast, rolls, danishes, yogurts, fruit, orange juice, coffee, cheese and cold meats - so everything anyone could want really! And it was all very tasty. The drinks in the bar were nice as well - we had some lovely white wine in there. Having said that, all the Italian wine we tasted was gorgeous!

This hotel is also in a prefect location - it is on Via Nazionale, a long busy road with lots of shops and little bars along it. And it is within walking distance to the Colosseum, the Forum, Circus Maximo (not really worth a visit as you need a very vivid imagination to appreciate this!) and the Trevi Fountain. And the Metro is at the end of the road (5 minute walk) which will take you to the Vatican, Spanish steps etc etc. So getting around Rome from this hotel could not be simpler. We only got a taxi once to a restaurant one night as it was bucketing down with rain and we didn't want to get drenched!

I have to say, if you do go to Rome, make sure you visit the Vatican and go inside the Sistine Chapel - WOW! We got there at 8am on a Saturday morning and waited in the queue till it opened at 8.45 and it only took us about 10 minutes to get in. I recommend getting there as early as you can because when we came out the queue must have been at least a mile long! But the Chapel is so breath taking, you really must set time aside to go there. Everything we saw in Rome was amazing but this had the edge on everything else for me. And I am not even religious!!

So all in all I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a break in Rome. We would definitely go back there if we go back to Rome (which I certainly hope we will be doing!). If anyone has any questions, I will happily answer them.

Good Location- but no ketchup!

Building work currently going on, seems to start around 8.00am so will not affect most tourists. The 'American' part of the breakfast is a bit ropey and the hotel is unique in the world in that it has no ketchup and they don't intend to get any! Rooms are a good standard.

Great Location, Lovely Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member bennybob

We only had 3 days and because of the Location of this hotel we were able to see all the sites. The street that this hotel is on, was very safe to walk around at night and everyone was so friendly, the food in the hotel restaurant was good and a great variety, room was very clean and maid service every day. It is within walking distance of Colliseum, Trevi fountain, the Monument to the Unknown Warrior (this was brilliant) and Spanish steps. Highly recommend it.

Hotel International Palace

by stevee

Thinking of staying here but can't find any info that I trust!

Anyone know anything about the Hotel International Palace 4* located at Via Nazionale 46, Roma, Roma, 00184 ?

Re: Hotel International Palace

by Tony-da-Roma

Don't know anything about the place, but the location is fine. Not to far from the center and not to far from the train station. Also, it is in a decent shopping area.

Tony Polzer
Tour Operator
3 Millennia Tours - Tours of Rome
www.threemillennia.com
tony@threemillennia.com

Re: Re: Hotel International Palace

by j292868

Yes. It's a great hotel. Close to a lot of stuff. Just watch the drinks prices though. The seem to have no price structure in place.

Re: Re: Hotel International Palace

by stevee

We're going in March...room rate is 126.00 EURO. Hard to believe compared to the other hotel prices I've seen!

Comments