Exedra - A Boscolo Luxury Hotel

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Rushland's Profile Photo

Lap of Luxury

I stayed here twice during my two weeks in Europe. The first time was for four days. I showed a day early and they accommodated me with no problem. The front desk staff was very friendly and the concierge was very, very helpful. The room was great, exactly as I had requested, even for showing up a day early. The second stay was for a day. The front desk staff was not as friendly this time, but that is usually the luck of the draw. The room had flies in it, but it was taken care of. The beds are super comfy and the pillows are great. I usually don't like hotel pillows, but these are perfect. The marble bathrooms are pretty nice. There is crown molding in the rooms, very nice touch. TV channel selection is not great,but you shouldn't be watching TV when in Rome anyway, right? Overall, I don't think it's 5 star, but I'd give it a 4 or 4.5 star.

Unique Quality: I have worked in the hospitality industry for a few years and I can tell you, the concierge staff and bell staff are at the top of their game. There's a rooftop pool, it's kinda of small but better that no pool at all. There's a roof top bar and restaurant as well with some really nice views of the city. The rooms are very elegant as well.

Directions: Located at the Piazza della Republica, you can't miss it. There's a huge fountain in front of the hotel.

More about Exedra - A Boscolo Luxury Hotel

Simply amazing!

I stayed here with my girlfriend for 4-nights thru the week of Valentine's. Ideally located at a metro stop with taxi stand across the fountain. This is very useful as driving in Rome is virtual suicide.
All of attractions are accessible by foot, $5 euro cab ride, or $1 euro metro ride (for those who are not claustrophobic). The rooms are beatifully appointed, one of the best that I've been in. Concierge is very helpful and have great recommendations on dining hot spots. I highly recommend La Rosetta near the Pantheon, Reef Restaurant near Piazza Augustus Imperiatore, Girrarosta Toscano off Via Veneto and the Tazio Bar in the hotel is not too shabby, although pricey. Rome is a beautiful city, but be aware that the area around the Vatican is very rundown. As for accomodations, you simply can not go wrong with the Exedra. It meets most of my criteria of a great hotel: comfortable king bed, spacious marble bath, clean facility, peaceful (hardly saw kids here), and friendly staff. Only thing it lacked was more on site restaurant choices and an indoor pool that would have made it five stars.

The most comfortable bed I've ever slept in

We stayed in the Exedra for 3 nights in February and had a fantastic time. The rooms are spacious and the decor is amazing. The bed was huge and probably the most comfortable I've ever slept in. The on-site restaurants and bars are very pricey but I would recommend the Tazio happy hour where you can get a beer and eat as much tapas as you can for 10 Euro. The hotel isn't badly placed for seeing the sites with the metro on the doorstep and Spanish steps, Forum, Coloseum, Pantheon and Trevi fountain all within a 10-15 minute walk (don't bother with the bus tour from the railway station around the corner).

Very nice, very good hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member almightyk

Just stayed at the Exedra for a wonderful weekend! We had a delux room overlooking Piazza Della Republica that had extremely high ceilings and very nice. Not quite a Four Seasons, but they try real hard! Had drinks in the bar, ate at the restaurant. Enjoyed everything. Would return again. Plus the staff was not only super friendly and accomodating, but the bellhops were "really, really goodlooking (Zoolander)! I'd return just to see their handsome faces in those stylish uniforms. Go stay at the Exedra.

Its all true

by TripAdvisor Member sollyman

Just returned from four nights at the Exedra. What everyone is saying about this place is true. Very comfortable rooms and polite helpful staff. What more could you want? Great deals on Expedia too.

Great Hotel

Three of us stayed five nights in February and thoroughly enjoyed the Exedra. The property is very attractive and elegant. The health club does not seem to exist. The staff was friendly, spoke English. The concierge was very knowledgeable and competent but tipping is essential. Rooms were spacious with comfy beds and luxurious bathrooms.
Our views were disappointing - an enclosed alcove. Free in-room safes and high speed internet accss. We had breakfast included in our very reasonable rates and it was excellent quality, variety and quantity.
Good location - metro station at the front door & wthin walking distance of many attractions. We felt safe in the hotel and in the neighborhood. Definately a repeat.

Great place to stay in Rome

by TripAdvisor Member Lulu_2004

My husband and I, along with our parents, stayed at the Exedra for 3 nights. Hotel was amazing! Ancient ruins can be found at the lower level through a glass floor. Not exactly in what is considered the city center, but everything is in reach by a 20 minute walk or, for the longer distances such as the Vatican, it's best to take the metro which is just at the foot of the hotel. It is a large hotel so you don't exactly receive the personalized service of say, a boutique hotel.
Overall, I would return without hesitation. Rooms 3 rooms were quite large.

Wow!!!

by TripAdvisor Member damcone

My wife and I stayed here on our honeymoon for one night in May, 2003.
All I can say is wow. As luxurious a hotel as you will find, and extremely affordable from out rate on Hotels.com. Would highly recomend.

Great Hotel, Great Experience

My wife and I just returned from Rome where we celebrated our 1-year wedding anniversary. After some spotty "4-star" hotel experiences in Europe, we decided to spend a little extra money and stay at the Exedra (based primarily upon the reviews in TripAdvisor!). Our deluxe room was spacious and well-appointed. Further, while I am not usually concerned with the status of public areas in a hotel (other than as an indicator of a hotel's attention to detail), it bears noting that the hotel itself is beautiful and impressive. The staff was great -- although one male concierge was a bit cocky and did very little to help us with our questions -- he blithely advised us to take a train to the airport to catch a 6:30 a.m. flight. After asking the same question to another female concierge later that same evening, we were informed that if we attempted to take the train, we would likely arrive at the airport only a few minutes before our flight! We didn't eat at the hotel -- the restaurant was empty (the nearby McDonald's had 3-4 times the number of customers). All-in-all, I would highly recommend this hotel -- there may be better bargains out there, but you definitely get your money's worth at the Exedra.

Verrrrry Nice!!

This is definitely a 5-star hotel! We were there February 20-24, 2004.
Great location, 5-minute walk from train station. Super clean. I'd recommend a room without a view of the street because it was super quite. Walk out the hotel door, down the stairs and Poof, you're in the metro station. Super great location. Polite staff. Accomodating concierge. Good restaurants nearby, and everywhere in Rome. Don't miss the Vatican, Colosseum, Forum, all basillicas. ROME is a fabulous place!!! My husband joined the "My Boscolo" club for 190 euros, but you get your money back and more!! P.S. good luck finding a bed in any hotel that isn't like sleeping on a board...this one is no exception.

"Upscale" Rome Restaurant Recommendation?

by SunTanBob

We'll be attending a ballet at the Teatro Dell'opera and we're looking for recommendations for dinner locations afterwards. We'll be formally dressed so something more upscale would be nice.

by leesville

try the restaurant at the Boscolo Exedra Hotel in the Piazza della republicca at the top of the Via Nationale. Upscale restaurant attracts glitterati. wonderful rooftop bar for apperitifs beforehand.

by SunTanBob

Thanks we'll check it out.

by nicolaitan

Another great rooftop hotel restaurant with big views and big prices - top floor of the Hotel Eden.

Great, thanks.