Fellini Bed & Breakfast

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 23% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• sunasuna's Profile Photo

The best of Rome

It has a wonderfull location-in the center and the price was also good.
    Jean Pierre Le Foss was very helpfull and all the other staff too.
    The breakfast was very delicious...The room was clean & has a bathroom of good quality.
    I strongly recommend it !

More about Fellini Bed & Breakfast

Fellini B&B has great location!

by TripAdvisor Member SPEEDLADY

My adult daughters and I stayed 9 nights in the 4th floor "apartment" at the Fellini. A bit cramped, and the bathroom is at the end of the apartment, so there is no privacy in the tiny bedroom. However, the staff was great and the location can't be beat! 2 blocks to the Trevi Fountain, a 10 minute walk to the Spanish Steps (and Via Condoti shopping), close to a bus stop and a metro station (which is great except when they're on strike).
Mostly we walked, averaging 10-12 miles per day. Come prepared with good walking shoes!
The Traforo Wine Bar at the end of the block was a welcome respite at the end of a long day of sightseeing, with decent prices for our daily nightcap. And the San Crispino gelato shop (supposedly the best in Rome) is very close to the Trevi Fountain. We also found a couple of excellent restaurants very close by, and recommend the Birreria Peroni for great food reasonably priced.
Overall, the Fellini apartment was pretty basic as rooms go, but the location and the staff make it definitely worthwhile!

Very nice

We spent a week at fellini B&B and were every day again thankfull, that it is so centrally located. It takes only a few minutes and one is at Fontane Trevi and a only few minutes to the METRO.

The B&B was very clean and as an experienced business traveller, I really appreciated the time and effort the ladies put into cleaning and tidying the room, to ease up our vacation stay. Great!

The personnel is generally very friendly and helpful. Even when they are busy, we experienced, that they took the time for our "little" problems or came up with creative solutions.

There are two kinds of rooms: one with a shared and one with included bathroom. We stayed at both kinds.

Pertaining the shared bathroom option: for us it was no problem at all, but we also know that it depends on the other party with who you share the bathroom. We were lucky and the others did not spend hours in the bathroom.

Generally about the rooms follwing can be said: for that price the rooms are very nice. I never had such a nice room in Rome, even when I paid more. But be aware: if you reserve a small room, it will be really small. For us that was OK, but I can imagine that for some guests the size could be an issue.

There is one big negative aspect about the rooms: the walls seem very thin. If you have a "active" room neighbour there won´t be any private moment. - most couples seemed to not care. In other woords: within the B&B the noise level can be pretty high. Pertaining outside traffic noise, the noise reduction windows are doing a good job.

I would simply take some ear plugs with me for my next stay.

Would I stay there again? Certainly yes!

Michael (Germany)

Unpleasant

by TripAdvisor Member popculture

The following is my assessment of the positives and negatives of Fellini. This was my fourth time in Italy/second time in Rome, and I will not be returning here on future trips.

NEGATIVES

1) Owner - he was strangely rude and unaccommodating.

2) Odd and Difficult B&B rule (beware!) - anyone who is not staying in the B&B is not allowed on the premises... even in the common breakfast room or on the patio. This makes it difficult if you want to spend some down time after sightseeing with friends/family who don't stay there.

3) Small, cramped room - we had a triple, but it was clearly a small double w/ an extra bed moved into it.

4) Mold on the shower's ceiling - needs to be treated with an anti-mold solution.

POSITIVES

1) Location is excellent.

2) Rooms are cleaned well and regularly.

3) Breakfast staff and the girl who greets guest when they first arrive are helpful and kind.

Great Location and Good Value for Price

by TripAdvisor Member FoodieSmith

My wife and I stayed at the Fellini Inn for three nights, Rome was our first stop in our Italian vacation. We were greated by Claudia, who was waiting for us as she asked when are flights and such got in. She gave us a map and explained where we were and what she would recommend we check out, very helpful and iformative. The rooms are spotless but small which for Rome came as no surprise. The breakfast room was cute but I can imagine that in the busier season that they would run out of room as it only seats a few people. Still, I would recommend this Inn to anyone looking for budget accomodations in a very good location (minutes from the Trevi Fountain). I would recommend reserving online as I got a better rate when I booked online at this Inn versus calling them.

Good location, but pricey and bleak triple room

by TripAdvisor Member luccasabbatical

We have stayed in Rome many times before, usually in an apartment near Piazza Navona or a hotel in Transtevere. When we read the reviews of this B&B we thought we would treat ourselves. However, we will not return on our next trip to Rome.

First, the positives. The staff persons at check in and breakfast were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the coffee and rolls at breakfast were good. The location is a good one.

Now, the problems. Our triple was very new, and did not have any decor or furniture aside from the three single beds and two bedside tables -- not even a picture or mirror on the wall. The only decoration was some wire coming out of the walls. The layout of the room was elongated and divided, and not particularly comfortable. Toiletries were minimal (tiny bottles of shampoo and tiny bottles of body lotion). We had some trouble obtaining a wastebasket and a third towel for the room, and there were no towels for the bidet.

The major problem was the ratio between price and quality. The price for what we got (we paid 180 euros per night for a triple with bath) was outrageous. We could have had a very nice apartment in the historical center for less than this amount -- and next time we will!

Excellent location, but have a cell phone.

by TripAdvisor Member aozh

Excellent location. You could not dream of something more convenient. 3 minutes walk to Trevi Fountain. Excellent for the price ~150 Euro. However there are several issues, for which one should be prepared. (1) Owner does not live there and usually there is nobody waiting for guests, so you need to call before coming and arrange that you are let in. It is written in confirmation, but easy to miss. (2) There is no phone in the room, and the only available phone is in the breakfast room, which is open in the morning. If you don't have cell phone, you are out of communications during day and night (which is even dangerous in case of emergency). We had the trouble of arranging taxi to get out to the airport at night. So make sure you have cell phone. (3) Breakfast was so-so, but for us it was not an issue...

Fine average ... central

This is a true average place. Clean, central and cheap. A bit noisy as it is close to the tunnel exit. A funny experience is the young girls in the desk. They had a very special english, and the girl who led us to the room showed us EVERYTHING. The lights, the water, the plugs, the locks on the doors EVERYTHING. They were very sweet and a little funny. We stayed there 20-22/5 2006.

Great location

The girl who met us upon arrival, Maria, was extremely nice and helpful. Our room was like a small suite with a small dining table and loveseat in one room and the bed in another room. The living area also had double doors that opened up to a small veranda. Although the view wasn't spectacular, it was still nice to have. All of this was more than we were expecting. Our room was clean and very quiet. We rarely saw any other people. It is in a great location, only minutes from Trevi and a subway stop. All major sites are w/in walking distance, but I recommend taking the subway to the Vatican. The breakfast staff was very accomodating and let us in early as we needed to leave before breakfast hours started. My husband and I would definitely stay here again.

Excellent Location

by TripAdvisor Member ViajeraDC

We stayed at Fellini's for 3 nights. It was fun! We trully appreciate Claudia's assistance. She gave us a lot of good recommendations. In general, staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast delivery at the room was punctual and excellent!
Great location! Close to train station/bus service, and walking distance to many attractions in Rome. We felt save.
We will stay there again.

Comments