Via Brescia 5, Rome, Lazio, 00198, Italy

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• WheninRome's Profile Photo

Good Cheap Hotel In Rome

We had a great week in Rome based out of the Hotel Fiume at Via Brescia 5 (corner of Via Brescia and Via Bergamo). Even though not within the historic city center, we found that transportation easy via the bus system. We would catch a bus at Piazza Fiume and typically go to Termini train station and catch a bus or Metro (train/subway) from there to wherever we wanted to visit. It was not hard at all once we learned the system.

The rooms were small, but nice. And very clean. We had a small, private patio next to our room which was nice, but we didn't use it much. The bathroom was also nice, clean and looked to have been remodeled fairly recently.

The service was excellent. We found the concierges to be very nice and helpful. One evening we wished to see an opera and one of the concierges helped us find an appropriate performance and get tickets! They spoke good English and were able to easily answer our questions, which was good because though I tried, my Italian was horrible.

Unique Quality: Hotel Fiume had a nice and free breakfast each morning from 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM. They had an assortment of breads, cold cut meats, and cereals. The orange and grapefruit juices were excellent and you could even squeeze your own glass of orange juice if you desired. A machine dispensed various coffee drinks.

My typical morning started with a couple rolls with honey and jam and a couple capaccino's.

Directions: Corner of Via Brescia and Via Bergamo. One block from Piazza Fiume, which is where we would catch the bus.

More about Fiume Hotel

Wow Hotel Fiume

by TripAdvisor Member glossof

Wow!!!!, what can I say, just returned from 4 days in Rome, and we booked this hotel from the reviews, and yes it was what we expected, the rooms were spotlessly clean, as was the hotel, breakfast suitable for all tastes with plenty of variation. The reception staff were very friendly, they spoke excellent English and knew every answer to your tourist questions, and they even assisted with your italian. The hotel is about a 20 mins walk from the tourist area, but the bus stops are just around the corner. I have recommended this hotel to all my friends and family, and would definitely book this hotel again.

La Maremma - Convenient for those at Hotel Fiume

by WheninRome about La Maremma

For those staying at Hotel Fiume or near Piazza Fiume, this is an extremely convenient and very good pizzeria. It was also open almost every day we were there (including January 1 when we ate there and almost everything else was closed around our hotel). We ate there in the mid-afternoon around 14:00.

Very nice atmosphere with excellent service. We ordered a liter of water, a couple fried rice balls, I a mushroom (funghi) pizza and my wife a vegetarian pizza. This was our last full day in Rome and I had eaten a thin crust pizza almost every day I was in Rome. So this day I decided to be adventurous and mix things up a bit by getting a THICK crust pizza. It was very good, but I think I preferred the thin crusts.

The rice balls were good also, but not quite as tasty as those that melted in our mouths at Cave Canem in Trastevere.

Our meal was 25 Euros and the service was the best we had while in Rome. pizza.

If you are not staying in northwest Rome, I would not make a special trip here for this restaurant, but it is very worthwhile if you are staying nearby and want something cheap, quick and good and open when many of the others are closed.

Quaint Cafe Near Piazza Fiume

by WheninRome about Caffe Fassino

Cafe Fassino is a quaint little cafe just off of the Piazza Fiume near our hotel (Hotel Fiume). We had wanted to stop in this cafe the entire week, but they open late in the morning/early in the afternoon, usually after we had left to see the City's sights for the day. On our last evening in Rome, when we had called it quits early in order to pack and prepare for our early flight the next day, they were open and we stopped in.

The cafe itself is pretty normal, the service standard, the selection of gelato and drinks mediocre, but the atmosphere was wonderful. We got a couple limoncello's, which we sipped while watching locals and the piano man in the corner. It was a warm and friendly end to our week in the Eternal City.

Great Hotel!

Just visited Rome and stayed at Hotel Fiume for 4 nights. It was great on all levels!! The bathroom was spacious and clean, our bed was comfortable, the location was great, and the service was excellent. The breakfast was especially yummy too with a good selection of food and a comfortable space to sit down and relax while you are eating and planning out your day. I recommend tihs hotel for anyone visitng Rome in the near future.

Fab Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Cardiff_7

I booked my stay at Hotel Fiume after viewing favourable reports on this website. I now feel I must confirm that these reports are correct. Breakfast was excellent with lots of choice and a selection of hams, bread, cheeses, fruit, yoghurts, cereals and drinks to suit every taste. The cleanliness of the hotel was outstanding and I could not find fault with it. The air-conditioning was in full working order and was most effective in keeping the whole hotel comfortable. The staff were willing to help with directions, maps, bus services and taxis despite the language barrier. The roof garden was open practically all the time and so did not get too crowded. However, the whirlpool was not available. There are a few lovely restaurants within a very short walking distance with very reasonable prices. We did not have a problem with hearing noise from other rooms through the walls. Overall a fantastic choice, and I would like to thank all those who put up such informative reviews which helped us make the decision to stay at Hotel Fiume.

great start to the day....

Just returned from a 5 day trip to rome staying at the hotel fiume.....Myself and my husband recommend this hotel for the good breakfast, great choice, hot or cold.....a good start to the day. The area around the hotel has good reasonable restaurants which we ate in most evenings...too tired to venture back into the centre of Rome.! .......Staff very helpful, beds very comfortable, location is about 15mins from Termini walking....... All in all a good base for a trip to rome. We will be back for sure!
Bowlers Ireland

Good Value Hotel

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and were relatively impressed by the value for money.
My wife's favourite meal is breakfast and she was quite pleased with the standard - to my relief! In all fairness though, they had a little of everything.

Our room was clean and spacious. The bathroom was clean but we did have a weird experience with a clearly audible sound of water coming from somewhere not as a consequence of our actions but perhaps just as a result of the water being piped to somewhere else. This was never really a problem though as it happenened occasionally and never really at night.

All in all we had a good stay and it is well worth asking the receptionists about local supermarkets and internet cafes. They were really very helpful. There is also a cosy restaurant that we stumbled across about a block away from the hotel - homy food at reasonable prices.

The hotel is very close to Piazza Fiume which was convenient as a few bus routes go through there and there is also a taxi rank on the Piazza.

Location wise, the hotel was quite convenient and the Spanish steps are about a pleasant 20 minute walk away and having the buses nearby was a great help.

A good value for money hotel...

Quiet but nice

by TripAdvisor Member Galstonion

We chose the Fiume after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor.. and I must say that it lived up to most of the comments. It was clean, and the staff were more than helpful when asked. Breakfast buffet is adequate.. don't expect too much.. coffee and breads with some fruit and juices..
Situation is good enough for walking to all of the major attractions and the cost is of course reflected in it's off-the-track location. Watch out for the taxi drivers from the airport, slight of hand tricks with 50€ notes !!! they will try to stitch you up ..
Couple of nice restuarants very close by and a quaint little Irish bar round the corner..

Very good value for Rome

by TripAdvisor Member agiannetti

I spent 3 nights at the Hotel with a couple of friends from New York and overall with had a pleasant stay. After we arrived at the hotel we were greeted and adviced by a very kind doorman who provided us with basic information on local stores, bus lines and restaurants. The lobby was nice, large and relaxing, the pictures on the website don't give justice to the hotel. The location, although about 2 miles away from the historical center, turned out to be convenient and well served with cafes, restaurants, bakeries, bus stops, movie theaters and a department store, all around the hotel.

We reached our room and entered a monk-size bedroom equipped with a full size bed, mini-fridge and mini-tv. The only walkable space in our mini-everything room was between one side of the bed and the wardrobe. After a moment of hesitation, we found a very nice private balcony with an open view on the city that compensated the lack of space in the room. AC worked without problems during the very warm days of your stay. The main disappointment was the breakfast: nothing even close to the quality offered by the local cafes and bakeries in front of the hotel and in general by italian food standards. I've been to other hotels in Italy and this is one of the worst breakfast I've ever seen. I'll give 4 stars because of the breakfast, otherwise this could have been a 5 stars.

Comments