Via Luigi Petroselli 47, Rome, Lazio, 00186, Italy

Hotels.com Expedia.com Venere.com

Costs 47% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• MM212's Profile Photo

Foro Boario

Named after its street number, Fortyseven Hotel is small boutique hotel at a great location in Foro Boario, in the heart of historic Rome. It has magical views of the Tiber River and the Roman temples of the Forum Boarium. The rooms are spacious, elegant and equipped with small luxuries, while prices are not as astronomical as similar hotels in central Rome. The top floor contains a restaurant and lounge with excellent panoramic views. Fortyseven is my new favourite hotel in Rome!

• Eternal Rome

I took my daughter Grace for her 11th birthday to Rome, last week.
    the 47 is the ideal place to stay to visit all the major historic sites within walking distance.
    most of Rome buses stop by the hotel.
    The staff mostly gorgeous young women, very friendly and helpful.
    the Roof terrasse very romantic, even with children.
    the food, Italian cuisine of course, please try the lasagna.
    The rooms very spacious.

Unique Quality: Heavenly close to most of 3000 years historc sites.
    Worth a visit, even if you're somewhere else, the sunset on St Peters Dome priceless.

Directions: next to the jewish district of rome.

More about Fortyseven Hotel Rome

Great place to stay

We have just returned to Dublin after staying for three nights at the Forty Seven Hotel in Rome. I have nothing but positive things to say about this hotel as a place to stay for a short break. Location is very central to most tourist sites which can be reached on foot. Rooms are nicely decorated in cool and muted shades and plenty of thought has gone into the interior design of the hotel which we liked a lot. If you like boutique hotels, then this will be for you.

Our room (509 on the fifth floor) was nice and spacious with a large balcony off it which overlooked a nice square (can't remember the name). Service at the front desk was very helpful and professional (only negative was when the concierge sent us to a restaurant in Trastevere where the food turned out to be poor).

We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and will certainly stay here next time in Rome as well as recommending it to our friends.

Perfect Vacation Place in Rome!

We stayed eight nights at the Forty Seven Hotel and I can't say enough good things about it - I give it 5+ stars and would definitely stay again. STAFF: Among the best I've encountered just about anywhere. From the front desk to the breakfast buffet, the helpful and very friendly English-speaking staff made us feel right at home. ROOMS: Rooms are very modernly styled and spacious, fully air-conditioned (a must in the hot Rome summer) and with the most comfortable bed I've ever had in a hotel. Our room had great views of the ancient temples and buildings just across the street. There is Wi-Fi access in the rooms and hi-speed Internet in the lobby (cards available for 5 euros at the front desk). FOOD: The complimentary breakfast buffet had not only delicious, fresh food, but was completely hassle-free - just sit down and eat. The assortment of food changed each day but generally included eggs, sausage/bacon, fresh cheeses, breads/pastries, cereals, and fresh fruit. The bar on the roof was not open when we stayed. LOCATION: Great location near the Capitol and Palatine Hill, 10 minutes walk from Tiber Island, and minutes from Circus Maximus. A bus stop is located half a block away and the nearest subway stop is at Circo Massimo. There are no restaurants or cafes immediately nearby, but a 15-minute walk puts you in the heart of Rome near Piazza Venezia. All together the Forty Seven was one of the most comfortable and pleasant stays I've had in a hotel - kudos to them for the great service. I'll definitely be back.

Excellent location

Wonderfull hotel in a exclusive location. Few minutes walk from the circus maximus and colesseo. The hotel is very modern and clean, the room are spacious and well decorated. We whent to Rome in May and the hotel was fully booked but stayed very calm, the breakfast is more than enough.
I will returned to the Fortyseven on my next visit to rome and would recommend to familly. If i had to give 1 negative feedback it will be the price of a drink at the bar (10 euro for a glass of wine).

Great location, great big rooms, wonderful stay.

The 47 was a great place to stay in Rome. The location was perfect. We were within walking distance of all of the sights, but it was a relatively quiet neighborhood. It is a little outside all of the tourist traps, which definately kept the noise down. I would not stay in one of the hotels in the buisier areas. The rooms were HUGE even by American standards and were beautifully decorated in light wood and modern furniture. Breakfast was adequate if not terribly inspired. The only thing I would complain about is the sound-proofing between rooms. We did not have a problem with outside noise at all, but could hear our neighbors walking around and getting ready for bed (the hotel has wood floors in the room). I could have been a problem if they had not retired at a reasonable hour. All in all, we would stay there again and hope for quiet neighbors.

Practically Perfect in Every Way

by TripAdvisor Member JolieDiana

I had read all of the reviews and based my decision to stay here on the fact that there was only one negative review, and that one seemed very biased. I made a good decision. I love the location of the forty seven, which is very near to Trestevere and the old roman ruins and not in the thick of the chaos around the spanish steps and via condotti. We got the suite which was incredible with a massage chair that we made good use of, and a fabulous terrace overlooking old temples. If you can afford it, you should definitely splurge for it. Irani, Marco, Pascal and the staff were fabulous also. You wont be disappointed.

Excellent Experience

This was the nicest hotel that we stayed in during our Italian honeymoon. The breakfast was excellent, the rooms were well appointed, and the staff was quite helpful and attentive. Once we checked in we didn't have to use public transportation once because of the great location....the furthest site was the Vatican which was a nice 30 min walk along the Tiber. I would compare this type of hotel to a very nice Marriot in the states with all the modern amenities and space.

fantastic hotel in great part of rome!

by TripAdvisor Member littleroo

after looking for months for a hotel in rome in the right area at the right price we were going around in circles, but after reading trip advisor we decided to go to hotel 47 for my 40th birthday on 14th april for 5 days. hotel reception staff were all very friendly and professional and spoke excellent english, they made sure our check in was as quick as possible as we had our two young children with us. after we went into our room we received a complimentary bottle of champagne and fresh fruit for my birthday. hotel was contemporary , in a fantastic location, excellent standard of service. where our room was we had a great view out of our window. the room we had was very spacious (as there were 4 of us) it was extremelly clean and we had clean sheets and towels everyday. all staff were very helpful and friendly especially barbara who works in the restaurant. our breakfasts were of a very good standard too. the only fault i could make is that there is no ramp for wheelchair / pram access, as we had a pushchair and it was difficult to carry it up the stairs, but if the staff seen you they would always help. all in all we had a fantastic time in rome but so pleased that we stayed in this hotel, it was everthing we thought it would be and more..........we could certainly recommend this hotel, we did not want to go home!!!

Hotel Information and Location question

by jatt_rob

Thank you Ciambella, and everyone else who has replied to me.

I have another location question
Has anyone stayed in the Grand Hotel Villa Fiorio in Grotta ferrata or Forty Seven Hotel rome in via petroselli luigi and are these in the city centre so that we can walk everywhere.?

If not can anyone suggest any hotels in the centre (good price at least 4 stars) and are walking distance to everything...

Thank you again in advance.
Robbie

by mufla

Robbie,
Grottaferrata is a small town far from rome about 25 km so I would avoid it. Via Petroselli, instead is in the centre of the city, near la Bocca della Verità but I don't now the Forty Seven Hotel. I'd rather reccomend you Polo Hotel a 4 star very reasonably priced and located in the heart of the elegant and central Parioli area. the web site is www.polotel.it

by mufla

sorry, the correct url is www.polohotel.it

by Ciambella

We happened to walk by Hotel Fortyseven 2 days ago, and my wife commented: "Why, it's a beautiful hotel, why didn't any travel board recommend this place?" It is, in fact, a very nice hotel on a street parallel with the Tiber. We walk everywhere whenever we are in the city so we don't think much of the distance, but perhaps you may find the hotel a slight bit off-centre. It borders the historic centre, about a block or two from Teatro Marcello, Circus Maximus, the Mouth of Truth, and the Forum. I don't know what the interior is like, but assuming from its location, I would say rooms on higher floors should have a view of the river. I would stay there without any hesitation if my budget allows it.

There are many 4 and 5star hotels in the centre, you shouldn't have any problem finding one at all.

by Ciambella

Forgot to give you my suggestions.

In my opinion, the best hotel in the middle of everything (atop Spanish Steps) is Hotel Hassler.
Grand Hotel Palace is a historic landmark, same as Hotel Savoy. You will not go wrong with any of those 3 hotels.

Comments