Galles

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 19% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• DSwede's Profile Photo

Central and reasonably comfortable

We originally had a booking at the Hotel Madison, but upon arrival found that they were over booked. They moved us at no charge to their partner hotel, Hotel Galles.

It is a couple blocks further from the Termini, but still within walking distance (5 minutes), and is very close to the metro station of Castro Pretorio.

The room that we had was clean and relatively comfortable. The beds were a bid firm, but we still slept well enough.

I hope that our room may have been unique in the problem that our window did not fully close (the window was not square). Therefore we had some mosquitos come in through the gap. Also, the road noise of the busy street was rather loud at times. I'm a light sleeper and was not able to sleep until I put my ear plugs in.

Unique Quality: The hotel offers breakfast, included in the room rate.

WiFi is available for a couple Eur. You must purchase an access key from reception.

Directions: About 5 minute walk from the Termini. Opposite the National Library. About 2 blocks from the metro stop of Castro Pretorio

• craic's Profile Photo

Almost Okay - 2007

We booked this hotel on wotif.com and got it for about 70 euro. The rack rate seems to be about 160 euros.
    It is a shortish walk from Termini but our printout told us it was in Via Palestrina - and part of the hotel is there - but it was locked up with a sign saying go round to Viale Castro Pretorio.
    So round we went. The lobby was very attractive. So was the room. But it was tiny! The bathroom was tinier! The bathtub was for minute people. (So was the lift but that is usual in Italy.)
    What troubled me most was that it did not seem to have good fire escapes. There only seemed to be a flight of stairs right next to the lift shaft. We were on the fifth floor. It made me nervous. So I couldn't sleep and I went down to the lobby to read. That was fine. But when I wanted a smoke I had to go out onto the street - and the night porter on the desk was smoking like a chimney. Very annoying.
    The breakfast was fine. Better than usual.
    When I had tried to read in bed the lamp was situated wrongly and was too dim to be able to read.
    Matt didn't get a wink of sleep. Our room fronted onto the road and it was very very noisy.
    I don't think we would stay here again.

Comments