Giolitti Hotel Rome

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Rome

Fontana TreviFontana Trevi

Bus Stops at Termini Train StationBus Stops at Termini Train Station

Lupa Capitolina, Musei Capitolini, Roma, May 2007Lupa Capitolina, Musei Capitolini, Roma, May 2007

San Paolo - CloisterSan Paolo - Cloister

Boat ride Bateaux Rome

by PaulaBsAs

Ciao!
I want to know if its worh taking the boat on the Tevere River
I did so in Paris and was great
Any experiences to tell?
Thanks a lot
Paula

Re: Boat ride Bateaux Rome

by craic

i took the local ferry (3 euro one way) from Ponte Garibaldi up to the stadium and back again

think it is called batelli di roma

it wasn't a great experience but it was cheap enough -

Re: Boat ride Bateaux Rome

by tango_jd

In Paris, many of the main sights are visible from the river but in Rome, I wouldn't have thought it would have been the same.
We walked along the river for a while at various points in our stay - we didnt think the centre of Rome was so big that we couldn't walk everywhere - and it was very pleasant - the river is quite a lot lower than the surrounding streets.
If it was me, I wouldn't bother, but if you like a boat ride for its own sake then why not?

Travel Tips for Rome

if you haven't seen the movie...

by Patricialuv

if you haven't seen the movie Gladiator starring Russel Crowe, go watch it! Even if you haven't gone to Rome or seen the Coliseum. For those who have, many nostalgic images will pop up.
I love that movie!

take some time for a journey

by gianluca0403

Not far from Rome, you can visit nice cities like Viterbo, Vetralla, Vignanello and Castello Ruspoli, Lago di Vico e Lago di Bolsena, very nice walking paths and excellent wine :-)
...try to believe!

The Lord Of The Rings in Rome???

by melissa_bel about Il vecchio Gandalf

If the San Callisto hadn't been so packed, I probably wouldn't have paid attention to this pub.
One night that we were in Trastevere, Esther, Hubi and I couldn't find a place at the San Callisto and looked around the Piazza to find another refuge.
A banner for Belgian beer Stella Artois caught my eyes... We went in. What a difference with busstling San Callisto! I must say, I didn't even know about the Lord Of The Rings at the time (I am now an addicted to it) and I don't remember anything that was particular to it but... reading about it, the pub decided to play on the theme full blast and brings devotees of the Tolkien saga when they visit Rome.
This pub is small, narrow but cosy, with an arch and a second room. Music was playing (fortunately not too loud) in the background and a benediction for me: Belgian beers available (I heard they extended their selection)!
There is also a pub-fare menu available (never tried it so I can't say).
What struck us the most was... the staff was all female and for some reasons, they seemed to be in a competition about who was wearing the shortest skirt. It became kind of a running joke for us as we would go have a drink there just to see if they kept at it... and they did! But the waitresses were all very friendly.
In short, a nice place for the Fellowship's fans, beer amateurs and those who want to take some time off from busstling Trastevere.

wonderful VT recommendation

by kathyklockwork about Alle Fratte di Trastevere

We tried to book here for NY Eve but they were full until we mentioned the comments on VT and somehow they found the space. Set meal was excellent as was the atmosphere. I had a very funny conversation with the wife about the impending no smoking law coming into effect on Jan. 10th.

Wedding Cake

by msbrandysue

Although I wouldn't set out to "do" this building I did enjoy driving by it on a tour bus. The official name is Il Vittoriano or the Victor Emmanuel Monument, but it is commonly called The Wedding Cake because it is so white. It is the site of the Italian tomb of the unknown soldier. I've always respected that and so it meant something to me to see it.

Comments