Giuliana

Hotel Giuliana
Booking.com Hotels.com Venere.com

• Luke9's Profile Photo

Damp and smelly Hotel

Stayed here in September 2006 and was amazed at how they could charge so much for such a dump.

The whole place smelled of dampness and it had the worst breakfast of any hotel anywhere. I have had a much better breakfast in youth hostels. Breakfast was coffee, cerials and pre-packed stale toast or bruchette, really awful. The dining room was a bizzare mix of junked garden furniture. The bedroom was also an odd mix of junked furniture.

The only good point was that it had aircon, but the drain for the aircon moisture was connected to a rubber tube which dripped into a bucket and it dripped all night! I had to tie a plastic bag to the end of the tube to stop the dripping noise.

Unique Quality: Terrible smell everywhere!

More about Giuliana

Hotel Giuliana was like staying with family.

Home away from home. That is what it was like staying with Jean and her staff. Everyone was so friendly and accommondating. The hotel is quaint and very clean and comfortable. It is located within walking distance to most of the sites, and they can recommend some fantastic restaurants that are close by. We highly recommend this hotel if you want your experience in Rome to be wonderful.

Wonderful Service

Hotel Giuliana was an excellent place to stay. It was very convient to anywhere a traveler would desire to go to see all the main attractions within walking distance. You didn't need to take a bus anywhere, if you wanted a bit of exercise. For anyone who was leaving Rome to go to other areas of Italy the hotel was also very convenient because it was only a 10-minute walk from the Roma Termini train station, which was excellent! Jean and her staff were excellent. Everyone was very helpful and did anything and everything in their power to assist in whatever it was that you needed whether it was directions, information, or just a cup of capacino. I really loved Rosanna, she was so nice and worked so very hard to make sure that each room was very clean and tidy. I am sorry I did not get a chance to set good-bye before I left. I developed great bonds of friendship at Hotel Giuliana and I am very glad that I was able to stay there. Definitely when I come back to Rome I will be there at the hotel.

Great Owner, not so great rooms

by TripAdvisor Member cadybugtours

While we loved Mrs. Santacroce, the hotel was not what we had in mind.

Coming from an fantastic hotel in Florence to this hotel was a bit of a shock, but Hotel Giuliana makes do with the space it has.

The room was small - three twin beds. And we felt like it was almost too far from the sights.

But Mrs. Santacroce and her wonderful staff more than made up for any discomforts we had. The service you get, you cannot find anywhere else in the city. I will stay here again.

Great location and hostess

This was the best hotel I've ever been to in all of Europe. I chose it for its location in Rome, which was perfect - we could walk to all the sights, except the Vatican and the hotel staff gave us explicit directions for taking the metro there. The owner-manager, Jeanne Santacroce, could not have been warmer and more helpful. Our rooms were ready for us early, which was wonderful since we had just gotten off the plane and wanted a shower to keep us awake. It was more like a Bed and Breakfast, with a delicious breakfast. If we felt like a capuccino after touring the city, they fixed one for us. I cannot say enough good things about this place. The hotel staff speaks English and it has an elevator. You'll love it!

Perfect Hotel for a Perfect City

This is a family owned operation which shows in its hospitality and warmth. Jeanne and her daughter Mariana as well as the rest of the staff, Antonio, Johnnie and Orlando made our stay as wonderful as the city of Rome. Rooms were small (bathrooms nice and large) but spotless. The sounds of the market outside our room added to the ambiance of being in Italy. We were in walking distance to many of the sights and a short metro ride to the Vatican. Tours can be set up through the hotel with a short walk up the hill to catch the bus. Breakfast was fast and easy and a delight to be able to chat with others as well as the staff. But above all...The Price Was Right!!! Thanks Jeanne for everything especially the company at dinner....

Very Friendly Family-run Hotel

We went for a short break to celebrate our Silver Wedding, and this hotel provided us with comfortable accommodation at a reasonable price. It is less than 15 minutes walk from Termini railway station, but not so close as to be too noisy. Jean, her husband and daughter were very friendly and helpful. The room was large with TV, fridge,kettle & drinks, a safe. It had a large en suite bathroom. Everything was clean and fresh. Breakfast was the usual continental. We really enjoyed our stay.

Absolutely Wonderful

There is not enough space available to describe what a wonderful stay I had at this hotel. My friend and I stayed at the hotel from a week in November. The staff there all spoke wonderful English and were always willing to help!! Gina, the owner, was especially welcoming and was always helpful. On our last night there she recommended a wonderful restaurant that had the best italian food I ever tasted. The one thing I would like to say is that the location of this hotel is excellent for sightseeing. You are 3 blocks away from Termini station (main train station). Practically every bus and train in Rome stops here, so getting to tourist sites was a breeze!! Also the hotel is like a 10 minute walk to the Colessium, Roman Forum and close to many other sites. For the location alone this hotel is worth so much more. If you would like the intimacy of a nice family run hotel and would like to save money, but not stay in a poor quality hotel, this is the place for you. You will love it.

Absolutely great!

This is a wonderful little hotel in a great location. It is walking distance from the Colisseum and the Palantine Hill. The owners, Jean and Luigi Santacroce, are just great! The whole staff is English speaking, courteous and so very helpful. Rooms are very comfortable, very clean. We had an air-conditioned room (I'm asthmatic) plus they provided a refrigerator so my husband could store his insulin properly. We would go back in a heartbeat!

Loved this friendly hotel

We had a big, comfortable room in this very affordable hotel. The large, marble bathroom was especially nice. The owner and her English speaking staff are without exception kind and solicitious, very welcoming to Americans, and eager to help. Location very convenient, continental breakfast very high quality. A relatively modest place that gives you the service of an expensive one. We are in the business ourselves so we appreciate what a consistent effort that takes.

hotel Giuliana

by chrissie97

hi

my boyfriend and I are going to Rome in February, we have looked at a little hotel called Giuliana in Rome ... does anyone have any experiences from this hotel, good or bad? Judging from Tripadvisor people are quite happy with their stays there.

thanks
Chrissie

Re: hotel Giuliana

by QuiltingRT

We stayed at the Hotel Giulia last year. I am not sure if this is the same place or not. I will say that out of all of the places we stayed at in Italy it was the worst. It was somewhat run down, the staff was not the friendliest and the breakfast was not as good as we had at our other hotels. The only good note is that the location is not too far from all of the major sites. With that being said we were not in the room that much however I would not stay there again or recommend it to others.

Comments