Gladiatori Hotel

Luxury Manfredi Apartments
Hotels.com Booking.com Venere.com

More about Gladiatori Hotel

Great stay at the Gladiatori

Our visit to the very romantic city of Rome was made all the more perfect by our stay at the Hotel Gladiatori. It was our 25th wedding anniversary and it was very important that everything was just right. The service we received at the hotel was second to none. I would have no hesitation in recomending the hotel to anyone wishing to take a romantic break in Rome

Room with a view!

My husband and I stayed in the Hotel Gladiatori on 16-17 October 2005. I planned the trip as a surprise for my husband's birthday. I chose the Hotel Gladiatori because of the central location and particularly for the view of The Coliseum from the bedroom window! We stayed in a deluxe room for 2 nights. Everything was perfect! All the staff were very friendly and helpful. They even arranged for a complimentary bottle of champagne in our room for my husband's birthday, which was a lovely surprise! I will be visiting Rome again in the near future and will definitely be staying in the Hotel Gladiatori!

Great Nightime View of Colosseum on Rooftop

by TripAdvisor Member Go4Fun

Was in Rome in Sept 2005 and stayed 3 nights at Hotel Gladiatori. As the train was late, we arrived after 10 and went to the rooftop for a light dinner. Pasta was overcooked, but it was 11 o'clock. The view however, was breathtaking! The room was large, comfortable bed, and plenty of space to move around. The bath was updated with tub/shower, robes and slippers--quite nice! Breakfast buffet on the rooftop was a great way to start the day. Location required some walking to major sites and shopping, but cabs are easy to catch as is their metro. Very friendly and helpful staff, especially for getting a "car" to the airport at 4 a.m. Internet, but not free. 270E.

Excellent boutique style hotel;Magnificent view

by TripAdvisor Member Ooffie

My fiance and I stayed at the Hotel Gladiatori for 7 nights in September 2005, before moving on to the Amalfi Coast for our wedding. The manager Bruno and the staff (Paulo and Jessica) were extremely friendly and helpful. Every night Paulo found us an excellent restaurant and even made the reservations for us! We found the Gladiatori to be the perfect location for sightseeing in Rome and all the major tour companies will pick you up and drop you off at the door! It is also very close to a subway stop and fairly close to the Rome Termini where you can get trains or buses. There are many good cafes and restaurants within walking distance. Be sure to try the pizza at Lucy's around the corner, but go when it opens as it fills up very fast! The rooms are very clean and well appointed. The regular rooms are fairly small, but this is line with European standards. The view from the Rooftop Terrace where breakfast is served is even better than the pictures. Be sure to get up early one day and see the entire panorama bathed in gold as the sun rises. Makes for unforgettable photographs. We also stayed at the Gladiatori our last night in Rome after returning from Ravello and they gave us a deluxe room (at the same price) and a complimentary bottle of champagne to celebrate our recent marriage! We would most definitely recommend this hotel and we would stay there again in a minute. Excellent!!!!!!!!!

Best Service in all of Rome

We stayed at the Gladiatori in October of 2005. The manager, Bruno and his staff were extremely professional and helpful. I can't say enough about the service and assistance that we received. The hotel itself is beautiful, very clean, and in a great location. Breakfast is served on the roof - the view of the colloseum is amazing, the food and service are excellent. I highly reccommend this hotel. We will definitely be returning!

A must stay

by TripAdvisor Member waileagirl

Found this place here on trip advisor. Needless to say it is all that the reviews make it. Our room had a panoramic view of the colosseum. The staff all speak english, and are terrific and very helpful. The room was small in european style, but very well appointed. Very nice marble floors and bathroom. The location is great with great restaurants within walking distance. Breakfast is wonderful on the rooftop terrace overlooking the colosseum. We will definately stay here again.

don't ask for an iron!

by TripAdvisor Member blueaugusto

after seeing the website pictures for this hotel I was expecting something special. Sadly, we were disappointed. It wasn't that this hotel was bad, it was just ordinary, with depressing service. We did have a beautiful view of the colleseum, and the room was quite pleasant, despite a shower that saturated everything in the bathroom. It was the service that really got to us.

we found one member of staff who spoke decent english, the rest could just about manage hello, which seemed odd in a hotel with mainly american guests. My request for an iron was met with blank silence and finally two coat hangers arrived at the door - I had to mime ironing clothes. And then they turned up with an iron but no ironing board!!

The room service tray for the room opposite to us was outside their door when we came into the hotel at 3pm. It was still there when we left our room at 0930 the next morning, we had to ask a member of staff to remove it. The toilets outside the restaurant remained dirty and smelly for our entire four day stay. I watched two used bottles of water sit by the lift for a day before finally being removed.

Breakfast was meant to be until 1030, but don't turn up after 0900, as they've already starting closing down the restaurant, and don't take kindly to requests for coffee etc! The food was generally dull anywhere, and despite the nice view from the roof terrace, the prices up there are exorbitant and not worth it.

I wouldn't visit this hotel again, and wouldn't recommend it to anyone either.

Best of the Best

by TripAdvisor Member lwag725

If you are looking for a hotel with a view and easy to get around town thsi is the place. We stayed before our cruise and it was fabulous. The staff was friendly and helpful and the patio on top is the best view make sure you go at sunset you will not forget it.

Great View ............but

by TripAdvisor Member smthoro

This hotel is in an enviable position and affords wonderful views over the city, especially at night. You must go Deluxe for the view, otherwise you will regret your decision. We were not quite so happy with the staff however.The room was not replenished with the correct items, the hair dryer cuts out after about two minutes use,(take your own!. The non smoking rooms somehow suffer from any smokers in adjacent rooms so I suggest if you are a real anti-smoker, this would be a problem as the smell was quite strong. There were several niggles with staff, such as having to find them for coffee with breakfast etc... culminating in them completely forgetting our wake up call for the airport. Luckily we knew by that stage not to rely on them!

Hotel Dei Gladiatori ( Colosseum )

by neildxn83

Please can anyone let me know how expensive it is for a meal in the roof top restaurant of the Hotel Dei Gladiatori and is it possible to visit just for drinks.

neil

RE: Hotel Dei Gladiatori ( Colosseum )

by monorailgold

Hello,

I can't directly answer your question but the web addy is hotelgladiatori.it. They have an email addy so you can probably just pose your question directly to them. If you do find out any info, please let the rest of us here at VT know. It's always nice to find new places to eat while in Rome.

Donna

RE: RE: Hotel Dei Gladiatori ( Colosseum )

by neildxn83

Thanks Donna, I will contact them and let you know.

Neil