Grand Hotel De La Minerve

Hotels.com Booking.com Agoda.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• boliston's Profile Photo

Very central and comfortable

I was a day late checking into the hotel due to problems with transport and they were very helpful and ensured that my room would be kept reserved.

The entrance is quite small, but it leads through to a very grand public room with coloured glass ceiling.

My room was on the 1st floor and a good size with large sofa and chairs as well as a very comfortable king size bed. There was a large marble bathroom.

I went up to the balcony on the top floor which had a superb view towards St Peters Bascillica, where there is a restaurant, but I went for the view as I tend to avoid hotel restaurants where possible due to high prices they charge.

The best thing is probably the location as it's just next the the Pantheon, and an easy few minutes walk to Trevi fountain, Piazza Navona etc. Taxis are very cheap for places a bit further like Vatican & Colloseum.

It is probably the most expensive hotel i have used so far, but I wanted to be very central AND have a good quality hotel.

Directions: Just behind the Pantheon!

• Centrally located, not cheap!

Centrally located in the heart of rome, just a view steps from the Pantheon.
    The staff and service were excellent, though room services are expensive! The rooms are excellant. In general, a very nice hotel in an excellant location and very friendly staff!

Unique Quality: Great location!

More about Grand Hotel De La Minerve

Grand Hotel de la Minerve was fantastic.

by TripAdvisor Member lovetogoonvacations

I stayed at the Grand Hotel de la Minerve with my immediate family (there were 5 of us) for 5 nights (3/28/05-4/2/05), and thought it was fantastic. The location is incredibly convenient to all sites, but most importantly, there are tons of great cafes and restaurants all around there for drinks and dinner. This is very convenient as the last thing you want to do after a day of sight seeing is always feel you must travel far to decent restaurants.

Our rooms were large and roomy (although bathrooms small), and as long as you closed the windows at night (cause the streets can be noisy), it was very quiet and peaceful. When we ate the buffet breakfast which was included in our room rate, it was delicious. All the staff was very friendly and helpful to my husband and myself as well as to my children. Finally, staying here really felt like I was in Rome, which may sound funny, but I have stayed in other hotels that once inside, it was hard to tell which major city in the world you were in.

There may be more luxurious hotels in Rome, but if you want one with a true Roman feel to it in a very convenient location, stay at the Minerve. I would definitely stay there again.

Great Experience

by TripAdvisor Member rome1

This is truly an exceptional hotel at a very, very fair price. Location is ideal-- everything is w/i walking distance. Staff was very attentive. Rooms were very clean, good size and well appointed. Best of all is the roof deck bar and restaurant-- View is sublime at sunset, food was delicious and staff was very friendly-- perfect way to spend an "evening in Roma" as Dean would say.

We stayed in the Savoy in Florence (quite nice) and the Danielli in Venice (disappointing) and this was our favorite of the three, despite being significantly less expensive.

Minerva is our new home in Rome

by TripAdvisor Member ymm

If you can afford this price range, the Minerva is absolutely the best bet. You're right behind the Pantheon. In the evening, it's gorgeous to come around the street corner and see the pantheon as you return to the hotel after dinner. Also very close to Piazza Navona and Via Del Corso. We walked everywhere. The interior of the Minerva is gorgeous, and the staff was very helpful and graceous. They upgraded us from a room to a minisuite, and everything was luxurious and comfortable.
Can't wait to go back!

Great location; otherwise decent

Outstanding location. Otherwise, I wouldn't call this a five-star hotel. It was renovated in 1990. Though it was probably state-of-the-art at the time, it is showing its age. Service is hit-or-miss: the "transportation desk" could not tell us how much a taxi to the airport ought to cost and told us the wrong departure time for a train, which we missed. I was also surprised to see that they charge a lot for internet use. Overall, it is worth an above-average hotel price, but don't pay a premium.

A perfect hotel

My husband, son , daughter in law and I had 3 fantastic nights at the hotel. I have never been impressed by the housekeeping of any of the top class hotels that I have visited, but this hotel was a first.
Everything from the linen, furnishings and even the windows were impeccably clean.
The decor of the room was typically Roman and of a very high standard with every attention to detail.
The staff were friendly, helpful and imformative.
The lounge and bars had an elegant and relaxed atmosphere, we could not have asked for more.
This hotel made a memorable trip to Rome perfect.
I will return!

Great hotel and perfect location!!

We got a good price through a web agency called Reservationitaly. We stayed 3 nights on April and we have had a really good stay. It is one of the best hotels I have ever seen and we lived just across the street from Pantheon! Moreover close to the hotel there is a typical Italian restaurant ( Vecchia Locanda ).

Fantastic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member holly26

From the moment we arrived for my 30th birthday, the staff couldnt be more helpful. We forgot our U.K adaptor and within 5mins one was brought to our room, with no charge.
The reception area was very refined, which was matched by the perfect rooms. The accomodation was spotless and very comfortable, to the extent you could even chose your own pillow. If possible ask for a room with a view of the Pantheon it's amazing.
Watch out for sky high bar prices (hint there is a fridge in your room and a supermarket close by)
The only place to stay in Rome!

Perfect Hotel to Start You Trip!

by TripAdvisor Member The-Georgia-Longs

This hotel is a great starter if beginning your trip in Rome, and does not put you headfirst in an italian setting. It is also nice if you can begin with a 5star (not a 5star American, but nice, clean and comfortable). I got a nice rate by booking early and going a little early in the Spring. It is attractive, and all the staff greeeted us in English. (So much so that I had to work hard to use the Italian I had learned).
We had 2 adults and a child and had a large room with large bathroom, (never ran out of hot water!) and the tub was large enough to take a relaxing bath.
The location is excellant- easy walking to many sites, some we would walk there and take a cab back. This is also in a very nice area, right outside the Pantheon and Piazza Navone. Make sure to go to the church outside the doors-BEAUTIFUL! Also, make sure to watch out for traffic right outside the doorway!
Overall great place, but did not provide a nice breakfast like the other hotels. They seemed a little too proud of their food- My adivice- go outside to the many food possibilities.

hotel

by edfisher

Has anyone stayed at the grand hotel de la minerve? How was it?

Re: hotel

by yvr

Hotel gets pretty good reviews of recent past guests on tripadvisor.com I would certainly consider staying there.

Re: hotel

by monorailgold

I haven't stayed there but know some people who did and they loved it. It is in a wonderful location and the hotel itself is really nice. I would stay there if I had the chance.

Donna