Pza Monteleone Di Spoleto 20, Rome, Lazio, 00191, Italy

Booking.com Venere.com Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 22% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• "Grand" it is NOT

Stayed at "Grand" Hotel Fleming 2 nights on a COSMOS tour. Upon entering the guest room, first thing I noticed was mold on the walls, which was very disconcerting. Air-conditioning was very iffy, which made for an uncomfortable night in the hot summer weather. My brother-in-law says the dinner he had there was the worst he has ever had in any hotel anywhere, and he is a world-traveller. The pictures on the internet are very misleading, and must have been taken in the hotel's heyday, probably 20 years ago. This hotel claims to have a 4-star rating, but believe me, it would not even be considered 2-star in the USA. Nothing about this hotel is in any way "Grand." Would definitely not recommend, and certainly won't be back.

Unique Quality: none

• Do NOT stay there

That place is terrible, not even close to a 3 stars hotel.
    VERY noisy, horrible tiny dirty bathroom.
    I asked a room with a balcony. There was a room, a balcony, but NO door to go out. Figure that out! The balcony was dirty with pigeon s... anyway!
    Far from the centre, the buses are always packed. I had to wait for 3-4 buses before getting on one. A normal 20 min ride at night takes 1 hour during the day because of the traffic jam, standing up!
    DO NOT GO THERE

• bren1125's Profile Photo

Grand Hotel Fleming

Grand Hotel Fleming in Rome is a large, modern hotel located in a quiet residential district, around 5 kilometres from the city centre. This 6 floor hotel features 300 guestrooms, all of which include air conditioning and minibars. Decor is light and airy, with wooden floors, blue and yellow furnishings and white- washed walls. Other amenities include televisions, in- room safes and telephones.

The Grand Hotel Fleming, Rome, has its own restaurant, Pantagruel Fleming Hill, which is smart and contemporary, serving traditional Italian cuisine and international dishes, open for lunch and dinner daily. After dinner, guests the Grand Hotel Fleming can relax in the lounge bar with a drink. Newspapers are supplied in the lobby on a complimentary basis

Unique Quality: Property Amenities:

Wake Up Service
    Satellite TV
    Dry Cleaning Service
    Bar/Lounge
    Concierge desk
    Meeting room (small groups)
    Restaurant

• salvamea4545's Profile Photo

Far from Rome center

This was the first hotel we stated as part of cosmos tour. It's located about $10euros taxi from Piazza Del Poppolo. (I believe there’s a bus that takes you into Vatican City within 30 minutes)The room and bathroom are really small but to be honest I don’t have complains about the hotel. I read so many reviews about this hotel that I was expecting the worst. Maybe because we traveled at the end of May and it wasn’t THAT CROWDED AND HOT. They do turn off the air conditioner if you are not in the room, so when you come back from a very long day…it takes a while to cool up!. I wouldn’t stay here again, just because it’s far from Rome Center. The average price is 197 but you have to add up the price of the daily taxis.. I am sure if you research, you might find a nice hotel in the heart of Rome for the same price.
    Oh! the food is unedable...my husband tried the eggs and the were SOO yellow..when he tasted them, they were nauseated buttery!

More about Grand Hotel Fleming

Marketplace

by bren1125

Via Veneto Marketplace

A fantastic market not only for fresh fruits and vegetables but also for curiosity items from local vendors.

Open daily.
Located across from Hotel Fleming

Has anybody travellled with Splendors of Italy?

by itsasmallworld

Has anybody travelled with Cosmos Splendors of Italy? Please tell me more about what is scheduled for the only Monday in Rome. I booked this trip in a hurry, just to realize too late that the most interesting tours (like Vatican) are not included.I will arrive in Rome on Sunday. The next day we have other planned tours (which?). Please tell me if you have found a way to see Vatican museum, what is the fastest way from the hotel (Fleming) to the historic center?

And will here be time for a concert in Florence or Venice? Any other suggestions?

I am not so much interested in trendy shopping as in sightseeing. (Some limited shopping at reasonable prices would be nice though.)

I would really appreciate your help!!!
Irina

RE: Has anybody travellled with Splendors of Italy?

by salvamea4545

I am actually "going" to take that tour on May but what I decided was to skip the first 2 days (the day I arrive and the following day) from the tour and do it on my own. I will use the first half day I have to go to the collisium and the second day (Monday) to go to the Vatican and the rest of Rome (whatever I could see in one day). I did too book this tour in a hurry. Sorry I cannot help you. Oh! Another tip: there is a bus # 32 (buy tickets at Tobacco shop to the right of the hotel entrance) to Vatican. You can change for Bus 40 (free transfer) which takes you close to Plaza Navona/Campo Fiorione. I also realized the hotel is quite far from the city and you will be broke at the end of the trip if you take taxis.

Hope this help a little and if you are traveling before the end of May...let me know how it went :)

Comments