Grand Hotel Parco Dei Principi

Expedia.com Jetsetter.com Booking.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 31% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Quiet elegance

If you are looking for a quiet but elegant place to rest your weary body after a tough day of piazza hopping, this is a quiet oasis away from traffic, noise, and the general tourist crowds. I highly recommend a jr. suite on the 7th floor where your view takes in all of Rome. The 6th floor has a few rooms with balconies - great for warm weather. The hotel is situated in a quasi-residential area and borders the Villa Borghese and Borghese park. It will take exactly 30 minutes to walk from the hotel lobby to Piazza Del Popolo where you can access all of the best walking areas of Rome.

The service at the hotel was very discrete and acommodating. They have direct access high speed internet from the room as well as a wireless (independantly charged) solution.

The concierge, front desk personnel, and doorman were all very professional and friendly when asking for directions, recommendations, etc. They even exchanged dollars for euros without a commission.

My only complaint was the mini-bar did not have enough water and the shower flooded the bathroom floor. We solved both minor issues by buying water from a grocery store each day and asked for extra towels for the bathroom. By the way, the bath was awesome as it had a working Jacuzzi tub/shower combo, bidet, toilet, towel warmer, and twin vanity.

The grounds are beautiful and the pool/deck is an added bonus for warm weather visits.

More about Grand Hotel Parco Dei Principi

Not having any public...

by jdepillars

Not having any public transportation here on Maui,
we used the Underground!! So efficient, and quick! You can travel all over London. By all means go to the
Theatre. We saw the play Fosse. Trafalgar Square on
a Friday night is really something to see!! We did go
to Harrods. Take a ride on the Thames. Listen to Big
Ben. In Paris Walk all over this beautiful City! Also
the Tour Buses are really good. Hop on Hop Off. Go
to the Louve, Be 'Old Fashion' and see a French Revue.
We went to the Moulon Rouge. You can also shop all over! The French were very kind to us. The little
Cafes are wonderful! The Food everywhere was very
tasty. Take pictures of the Eiffel Tower from all
different locations, and different times of the day.
You really have to take a picture of the Champs
Elysee boulevard and the Arch de Triomphe and the maddness of the traffic. . When you are in Rome, it
is really hard to believe how the ancient buildings
have lasted so long!! St. Peters Square, the Bascillica, Michael Angelos works, plenty to see!!!
It is Tuscany that is truly beautiful. Take it all
in. Florence is where walking will let you know this
City. All of the Museums, the Ano River, the beautiful Piazzas. The sound of Big Ben,to tone, hearing it from our room. The American Ambassador Hotel in Paris. Our
room was so French! From the Amoire to the Balcony outside the Floor to ceiling French doors. In Rome
the very very luxuorius Hotel Parco Dei Principi. I was just astounded to be sleeping on Linen Sheets.

Amazing Hotel, Total Luxury

by TripAdvisor Member 9oakpark

I booked this hotel for my first trip to Rome, it was a present for my boyfriends birthday and he had been before and loved it.

On arrival the hotel lobby is like walking into a museum or art gallery with beautiful works of art all around and some lovely comfortable chairs and sofa's, the decor is very warm and welcoming. I had prepaid our room by credit card and they checked us in extremely quickly and efficiently and gave me my credit card receipt there and then. A porter brought us and our bags to our room, showed us around and brought us to the window and the AMAZING view of the Borghese Gardens, the hotels swimming pool and the dome of St. Peter's Basilica in the distance.

Our room was stunning, really big with a huge, very comfortable king-size bed, lovely antiques and paintings. In addition, the hotel manager had left a signed note welcoming us with a half-bottle of desert wine and some home-made cookies - a lovely touch after the journey.

Breakfast every morning was fantastic, I'm not normally a huge breakfast fan but loved it here with plenty of choice and lovely friendly staff.

While the hotel is a little off the beaten track but I actually liked this. It was lovely and quiet and the views and location close to the Borghese Gardens more than made up for any issue of this.

All in all, Rome overwhelmed me it was so beautiful, I enjoyed every second but a lot to do with the overall experience was staying at the Parco dei Principi Hotel. I'd highly recommend it.

Nice place, but they are living on their reputation

by TripAdvisor Member wisanidiot

It's supposed to be a 5-star hotel, but I would give it three and a half. It's a beautiful building, the rooms are very nice to look at, and it's in a comfortable location. However, they need to do some maintenance.

The suite we were in smelled of mildew or mold, and after walking around the room I, I could see why. One of the walls in a hallway was wet, from water that seemed to be coming from above (we were on the 6th floor in an otherwise very nice suite). I could understand why there was water, because in our bathroom, water would cascade off the bathtub during a shower, onto the floor, and there was little we could do to prevent it (the tub was not level, so any water that landed on the surface that surrounded the tub would flow to the floor). We threw towels there, but it wouldn't stop the water from pooling on the floor, and probably seeping into the room below us.

I talked to the front desk about the moldy smell, and they quickly put us in another suite, which was also very nice, but smaller and without the grand balcony the first one had. They reduced the rate by 100 Euros, but it was a much smaller suite and they should have reduced it by at least 150, if not 200. Still, they tried to accomodate us.

The A/C in the new room didn't work well, which was too bad because it was in the high 90s (F) while we were there.

the internet access was absurdly expensive (27 euros per day), and it blocked my vonage IP phone, which was too bad, because that would have been free for me.

The restaurant was great for dinner, a little stuffy and they allowed smoking (I thought they outlawed that in Italy). I hate being around cigarette smoke. The food was great, although expensive. The breakfast buffet was poor, I would give it 2 stars at best. The coffee was worse than in the U.S.

The service was good, although not as good as the Savoy in Florence as some previous reviewer claimed (one of the reasons we chose this hotel was because of that review, which I read while at the Savoy). They tried hard, but sometimes seemed frustrated by our poor command of the Italian language.

The location was very nice, away from the crowds. If you want to be in the middle of everything, this isn't the place, but it's right next door to the Borghese Gardens and its' museum and zoo.

The concierge arranged a couple of excellent tours for us, and they weren't over-priced. We did get a ride from their shuttle to a restaurant, and the shuttle driver made sure the restaurant knew he brought us there, which was good for him, but not for us, for then they knew we were staying at an expensive hotel. I think we got taken by a couple of taxi drivers, as the rates for driving us around varied quite a bit.

I'd recommend this place, but it's not 5-star quality, and you should get a better price than a 5-star hotel. I hope they renovate the rooms, and fix their maintenance problems.

Simply The Best In Everyway

by TripAdvisor Member TRAVELINLUXURY1

Oh yes this is what it states complete luxury, a great stay, jacuzzi, marble galore, clean immaculate plasma's all round garden terrace all this for 500 per night however normally 1100, went out of there wy to help, ALTERIO was brill we extended our stay, suite with dressing room, we expected and got all, including the italian football team on the fith floor, restaurant was first class, friendly and funny, really was brill , recc a great ill valentino restaurant to eat, thankyou ALTERIO

Honeymoon in paradise!

by TripAdvisor Member Cookiemonsta

We went to this hotel for our honeymoon. It was pure luxury! They have every aspect covered, from the taxi to the airport, to the guy who cleans the pool. We spent an indulgent week there, enjoying the pool, the room and the amazing food and wine. When it was time to leave we had one last drink by the pool and the pool guy picked me a rose, what a touch!

Hotel quandry

by edfisher

Has anyone stayed at The Eden, The Aldirorando Palace Villa Borghese, or the Lord Byron with either Am Ex Platinum or The Leading Hotels of the World. I am trying to figure out in which hotel to stay for 5 days. The Aldirorando has a pool which will be nice for warm weather.

by nicolaitan

we have visited but not stayed at the Eden several times. beautiful hotel, great but expensive top floor dining room and bar overlooking all of Rome with incredible views. note - public parking right across the street. on a relatively quiet street just two blocks from via veneto and great restaurants but a long walk to a subway station.

for your top flight choices, suggest you check out venere.com for reviews.

by Odinnthor

Again will give you the two choices of the properties my tours have stayed in, those being again the Villa Medici, and the great Hassler Hotel located right on the Spanish Steps. I believe the Hassler is still considered the best hotel in Europe by Conde Nast. Have not checked lately, but it is most certainly in the top five.

by nicolaitan

i suscribe to CN Traveller - hassler is no longer in the extreme elite. not because it isn't an incredible hotel but because there are so many new hotels that are just as good. in the latest survey, i think the san pietro and sireneuse were at or near the top of the list along with four seasons sultanahmet. they are including a lot more boutique hotels in the best of list.

by Odinnthor

Yeah nic, that's why I worded it that way. I not only liked the Hassler for it's old world style but the fact that is right on the Steps. Thanks for the update.

by icunme

The Lord Byron would be my first choice of an elite hotel. I have seen the way their treat their guests, the extra care, the quiet elegance, the decor, the pool, the restaurant, the people you find staying there - all first class.

by edfisher

does the lord byron have a pool? i went to their website and it doesn't mention one.

by Marianne2

I haven't stayed at the specific hotels you mention, but have stayed at the Grand Hotel Parco dei Principi, which was quite good, with excellent service, food, and attention to exquisite detailing of the rooms (reflecting Renaissance styles). The hotel is near the Borghese Gardens. It's a member of the Preferred Hotels group, but not on that Leading Hotels of the World group -- you probably have a loyalty/points plan with them or AmEx.

by cgf

IMHO the Grand Hotel Parco dei Principi is on the top 3 hotel in Rome.

by Odinnthor

I will agree with that.....!

by Marianne2

Interesting, cgf & Erik. I stayed there about 2 years ago, and wasn't sure if it's still as good as it was -- things can change rapidly with hotels. I don't know if this hotel has a pool, as when I'm in cities such as Rome, there's too much to do than go pool-side.

(cgf: love you pic of Maupiti -- have been there and shall return). Cheers to all.

Comments