Via XXIV Maggio 8, Rome, Lazio, 00187, Italy

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Great location

What a brilliant location for a hotel! 5 minutes to The Forum and Trevi Fountain and 10 minutes to The Coliseum. On foot, it's only about 20 minutes to PIazza Navona and Campo Di Fiori with all the wonderful back-streets to aimlessly wander through. Loads of buses stop about 1 minute from the hotel, and if you're arriving in Rome at The Termini there are a number of buses you can take to avoid the risk of being totally ripped of by a nasty taxi driver(as we stupidly were!!!). The hotel room was simple but comfortable & spotlessly clean, the staff were very helpful with everything, but the breakfast is really not great. Terrible coffee & juice, average rolls & meats/cheeses, but will give you some sustenance for the morning's activities, then just go & have a fantastic lunch! We stayed at the end of May and had to pay 220 Euros per night, but this seems to be the going rate for high season. All in all, would recommend the hotel for the brilliant location.

• BorneoGrrl's Profile Photo

Sweet Stay in Roma

My first trip to Rome and I don't know what to expect from it. Luckily my sister had booked us the Hiberia Hotel from an online website and we got a pretty good rate, about 85 euro a night inclusing breakfast. This was right in the middle of winter but the weather was fantastic in Rome. After arriving at Termini from the airport, we checked into this little hotel located smack in the middle of Rome where most of the attractions are just a few minutes on foot. Perfecto!

The room was really small, enough to swing a dead cat in but comfy enough for two. It's clean and has the basic necessities e.g shower, hairdryer, tv and heater. For the price, we got a double room and a simple breakfast. The location is perfect is you want to go to tourist landmarks e.g Colleseum, the Forum, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountains (which we bump into numerous times because of its proximity). Would definitely come back

Unique Quality: You would never be short of places to go to from Hiberia. The hotel is close to cafes and restaurants, plus bus stops where you can go to Vatican City or the "Hop On Hop Off" tourist. Very convenient and reasonable. The staff are also friendly and can speak English, so you needn't worry about the language barrier

Directions: Near Presidential Palace

More about Hiberia Hotel

Great place to stay

My stay in August of 2005, at the Hotel Hiberia in Rome was nothing short of a pleasure. They had a driver pick me up from FCO airport (for an additional charge) but the conversation was delightful and very historical. After arriving at the hotel, I was greeted at the front desk and the staff could NOT have been more accomodating. Letting me check in early so that I could start my sightseeing was no problem for them at all. I caught the City bus tour right on the corner near the hotel and was off to see the sights. Most of the sights (except for the Vatican) were within 10 minutes walking distance but for $13 euro, I rode the open deck tour bus all day and got off at the places I wanted to venutre into. I returned to the hotel about 6 pm in the evening. The room was not the most spacious I ever stayed in but it was immaculate, looked freshly renovated, was air conditioned with a stocked minibar/refrig and snacks. The bathroom was clean as a whistle and the room was very warm and inviting. Location is superb, staff was as helpful as could be and the price was right. The only thing I found a little expensive was the transportation to and from the airport, but I did have a chauffered car. All and all I would recommend this hotel to anyone and plan to return their on my next trip to Rome. Caio!!

Very Nice

We got into Rome from Florence by train and arrived around Midnight, expecting to take a cab and go to the hotel our travel agent booked for us. The taxi we took had no idea where the hotel was and the next two taxis didnt know either, so the last one decided to call and ask for teh location. Turns out it was an hour and a half away which was just something to get on my nerves completely after having our train delayed and diverted (we were supposed to be in Rome around 8:00pm actually).

I managed to explain to the driver that i wanted a reasonable hotel in the area so he took me here. Very quick check in and the staff member (Danilo, ask for him) was excellent in helping us out with everything, from asking about the nearby sights, to nightclubs, to helping find a petshop etc.
The hotel is walking distance from Trevi fountain, via del corso (street full of shops and boutiques), and about 10 minutes away from the pantheon by foot, as well as the spanish steps.

The rooms were very clean, the AC might not be the best but it was reasonable. Definately would not mind staying there again. Spacious double room with large shower was Euro200.

Recommended

Very good hotel.We stayed in a double room on the second floor with a very bright bathroom with jacuzzi shower,although not to much space in the showercabin.The rooms are very clean and the staff is very helpfull.Like others said the hotel is near anything of interest and only 5 minutes walk to the Trevi Fountain where you can find numerous restaurants too.The nearest metro is Republica at the end of Via national or Barberini close to the Trevi Fountain.Breakfast was ok from 7-10 am.They defenitely need another coffee machine.There is a taxi shuttle to the airport for 45 euros (car) or 55 euros for a van.I would stay here again.

Recommended Hotel

We booked this hotel after reading the many positive reviews on TripAdvisor and were not disappointed. The Hotel was clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms we had were clean however the bathrooms seemed small but were functional. The A/C in the twin room switched off when you left the room but was remedied by a second electronic key being left in the holder. The staff's English was excellent and they were able to give advice on best times to visit attractions and transportation around the city etc. Breakfast was plentiful although the fruit juice's were average & the hot drinks machine served instant (not very Italian). The positioning of the hotel meant that most of the cities sites were accessible by foot. We would defiantly use this hotel again.

Scammed by this hotel?

by TripAdvisor Member Suzyblc

Due to flight delays we ended up in Rome with nowhere to stay at 1-2am Sept. 7th. A man at the air port said he'd reserve us a nice 3 star at the Hiberia, my husband confirmed the amt. and we left by taxi. When we arrived at this hotel, he had given our room away-unlikely at this time of day. He asked us to pay him, as we did and he sent us to another good 3 star hotel. In a nice area I asked? Yes, he said, we ended up at the Fiamma next to the train station, in a room with the sink on the floor of the bathroom, construction dust, and shards of plaster every where. The front desk person didn't know the bathroom was a mess? but, asked if we wanted other rooms, my sister was with us and I didn't want to be on a different floor from her. My husband and I had 3 hours sleep and put blankets on the floor to get into the shower! No airconditioning, the reception desk wanted to keep our passports til morning. I asked why he needed to keep our passports, and he said if anything happend outside then they'd know we were inside? I asked if in a safe area and he said 45 police men stay here? Why I don't know. But, it didn't make sense and we left at 5 am to walk to the train. I've heard of this scam before and am disappointed we fell into it. But, we were at the mercy of the hotels as we were in an unfamliar place in the middle of the night.

good solid friendly hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Ne&Em

This was our first visit to Rome, it will not be our last, it will also not be our last visit to this Hotel. We found it complimented our type of holiday entirely.
We stayed 5 nights in the junior suite, 2 bedrooms, an ante-room, a bathroom and a spacious terrace. The rooms were all impeccably clean with air conditioning.
The rooms were simply decorated, but maintained a very Italian feel.
The staff without exception were friendly without being intrusive, and particulary helpful in helping us change flights for our return.
The terrace was a lovely retreat in the late afternnon to both reflect on the day and plan the evening.
Any review of this hotel without a mention of the lift would be incomplete, it is different, it is in perfect working order, but may end up in a museum quite soon. It was memorable.
The hotels location is good, the road outside is fairly busy during the rush hour periods but is otherwise fine, it is a 5 mins walk from the Trevi, 10 to the pantheon, 10 to the colloseum, and about 35 to the Vatican.
If you are looking for a hotel with a great bar, and extensive resturant to eat-in in the evening this is not the hotel for you, but then if your looking for these things your missing out on a big part of Rome. Rome is a city to be out and about in.
Overall this a hotel which compliments Rome superbly.
We recommend this hotel.

Perfect for sightseeing

Was there for a week at the start of Oct 2005 on our honeymoon.

First night there was a mix up with the rooms and we were put into a junior suite - which was actually a bit dark and the room decor had seen better days.

The following day we were moved to a normal double room (the one we'd booked) and this highlighted the worn feel of the first room.
The double room was perfect - clean, great bath (with jacuzzi!!) and was pretty quite. The air-con wasn't great but being Oct, that wasn't really an issue.

We've been to Rome and Italy a number of times and the breakfast here was not great. Nothing was fresh. The coffee, juice etc. came from the type of machine you'd find in any office block - the milk was UHT.

Location is perfect for sightseeing as others have stated. Most of the big sights are in walking distance as are shops and restaurants.

We would stay there again as it is a good base for seeing Rome.

Handy Hiberia

by TripAdvisor Member polsson

This hotel is within walking distance to all of Rome's most popular sights except the Vatican which is just an express bus ride away from the corner by the hotel. Rooms (we had a deluxe standard) are quite spacious. No view to speak of but who cares? Rooms are clean-our only problem was a jaccuzzi that did not work properly. Breakfast buffet left something to be desired-pastries tasted old, toast was either underdone or burned and they had a coffee machine rather than fresh brewed coffee. Staff was most helpful even arranging a car for our trip to the airport. Would definitely recommend.

Hotel with Parking Garage Close to Attractions

by gidgit

I am looking for a hotel that is close to most of the attractions in central Rome that offers garage parking at the hotel. My budget is under $250 a night for a triple room. Does anyone have any suggestions?

My backup option is the Hotel Hiberia, which says there is a nearby pay to park. Does anyone know how much I should expect to pay? Also, any additional tips for safe parking?

Comments