Holiday Inn Express Rome East

Booking.com HIExpress.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 37% less but rated 14% lower than other 3.5 star hotels

• Terrible!!

Beware of this hotel They are not trustworthy. We had a reservation at this hotel for April this year, but because of the entire situation with the Iceland volcano eruptions we had to cancel our reservation. We were assured that given extraordinary natural related conditions which made us cancel, they would return our money. I am sure that numerous other clients were told the same thing. This happened in April. It is now July and we still haven't seen one cent back!!! I have wrote numerous e-mails because of this delay and called them up to bring this situation to the attention of the management, but they didn't even bother to answer my e-mails and over the phone they keep telling me that I should wait!! How much longer? No idea!! I haven't stayed at this hotel yet, but I will never purchase anything from them ever again for sure.

• Its full of thieves

The hotel is in the middle of a vast empty area surrounded by freeways and nothing else. The place is full of thieves, rude staff and has no security. My bag with my passport and other personal belongings was stolen from the reception desk as we were checking in. The manager Federica Di Bartolomeo and employee on duty Giorgia Gaffe were rude and unprofessional and unhelpful. The standard response was to report the incident to the police. The next day my wife's bag was stolen from the dining room. We lost everything. Avoid this hotel at all costs and if you do be prepared to lose your bags.

Unique Quality: None

• scaffas's Profile Photo

Cheap and nice!!!

It's a nice place as they have a superstore just behind the hotel, so you can always get the little amenities that you need. The hotel has regular pick and drop service to the tube station. So i guess it is very comfortable even after shopping :)
    the rooms are pretty nice and they have ok breakfast buffet :)

Directions: VIA GIORGIO PERLASCA 50
    ROME, 00155 ITALY
    Hotel Front Desk: 39-06-252172 | Hotel Fax: 39-06-25217200

• toimprove's Profile Photo

Remember, you're in Italy

We selected this hotel because of the Holiday Inn Express reputation of all of them we have stayed at in the USA. Before getting there I had extensive e-mail communication with the hotel about amenities, local area, etc. Alexandra was quite helpful.
    The morning breakfast was very good and you have lots to select from.
    The rooms were comfortable to include a little radiator looking like thing that keeps your towel warm.
    As a Priority Club member use to extras in the USA, I was surprise that there was charges associated with local call for every 3-minutes, and Internet access was at a cost. Most US Express provide that as an added feature for club members.
    The hotel is quite a distance from the scenic route. Although the hotel offers a shuttle to the nearest metro line.
    A good price is available on the Internet if you buy in advance.
    I must say the only two negative things were a certain front desk young man whom had no personality and it almost hurt him to answer questions. The next morning I told the staff about him. We stayed there 2 separate times on our week's stay and on both ocassions, it was best not to deal with him. Another disagreeable item with me was that when asking for places to eat, they always send you to the same restaurant, starting with an "s", that had very poor service, overly priced and not worth ever returning too. Strongly recommend a list of places to fit different budgets and customer type. The one recommended I would never take children, too. Along the way, we saw some Pizzarias that the kids might enjoy as an option.
    What I learned is to remember, I'm in Italy and not USA.

Unique Quality: Alexandra was very cordial during correspondence to ensure everything was in order and I was provided all essential information to get there and go to where I needed to be during my stay.

Directions: Porta Mammolo, 2nd to the last station on Blue Line