Hosianum Palace

Tags

Historical Travel Museum Visits Arts and Culture
See Amenities
JFN41's Profile Photo

Conveniently located in center of Rome

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 30, 2009

I chose Hosianum Palace for this visit to Rome because of its price and location, a short walk from Piazza Venezia, the Campidoglio with many of Rome's historic buildings. It is housed in a 16th century building close to the old Ghetto. A very enjoyable breakfast buffet was included.
Pros: I had a single room with private bath/shower. Both were spotless. There is a lift. The breakfast was of high quality. The location was, for me, the selling point.
Cons: My room was on the top floor and it was not intended for anyone of average height. I am 5ft 10in and I had all I could do to avoid banging my head on the low, angled rafters. I did not always succeed.

Unique Quality: Location, location, location as well as a rooftop garden which was great for both breakfast and sunset drinks. The rooftop opens around mid-May depending on the weather.

Directions: Via dei Polacchi sits between Piazza Venezia and the old Ghetto. The maps show "streets" but they are in reality broad lanes from Medieval Rome only wide enough for one vehicle.

supafly1222's Profile Photo

Cool neighborhood hotel/Piazza Venizia Area

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 20, 2005

Upon arrival, we were told that the there was a mistake and our room was double booked, however they had booked us in another hotel for the first night, including cab fare. Although we were disappointed, we were very impressed by their hospitality.

When we returned the next day, when a room was available, we finally had a chance to check out the hotel. It is tucked in an alley of an adorable neighborhood with cafes and trattorias within a 30 second walk, yet was right off a main street, which made it close to everything.

The interior of the hotel is cozy and well kept. The front desk staff was very friendly. Our room was about what I expected. Not small, not large. Average for Italy, but cleaner than I expected. The bathroom was very modern and even had a shower massage head, which was nice after days of walking.

With the shutters open, we could hear the goings on of the city, but wasn't too loud at night.

On our last day in Rome, we asked the front desk clerk to call a travel agency in Rome to ask questions for us regarding our next stop, Naples, and upon return from sight seeing that day, he had arranged all of our transportation and even got us a discount on our accomodations.

Overall, we would reccomend this hotel to anyone visiting Rome. We were able to get to almost any attaction, even the Vatican, within a 10-15 minute walk, yet was tucked away within a cute little neighborhood.

Unique Quality: If you want a cozy, rustic Roman hotel, but still be close to everything, stay here! I'm picky and I loved it!

Newly renovated/painted rooms. Soothing pale yellow with gold damask bedding.
LCD TV in each room
Modern elevator (anyone who has stayed in Rome will appreciate this)
Roof top bar (spring and summer)
Close to Forum, Colusseum, Vittoro Emanuel, Piazza Venezia, Piazza Navona, Pantheon and Vatican

Directions: Approx. 2 blocks west of Pza Venezia. If going NW on Via d Fori Imperiali, turn onto Via d Botteghe Oscure and go left onto Via dei Polacci. Hotel is first building on right. Travel time by taxi from termini to hotel is approx. 10 min.

Nearby Hosianum Palace

• Room Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Business Services

Rome Travel Forum

Need advice about Rome, Italy? Visit the Travel Forum for Rome and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Rome hotel reviews