Hotel Anagnina

Costs 60% less but rated 21% lower than other 4 star hotels

More about Hotel Anagnina

Tesori Di Roma

by ozalp

It was a Saturday morning and we were in Fiuggi. We were trying to reach Rome but after a short visit to bus station we realized that we’d misses the bus to Anagnina. The next bus to same location was two hours later. And there was a bus to Termini one hour later. Anagnina is our principal destination because we thought that if we go a metro station outside of the city and continue with metro, it would be the best and fastest way. So we did not even think about Termini bus.
We decided to ask about reaching Rome to tourism information office near the spa gate. The man in the office tried to recommend us using Termini bus with a little English and a lot of gestures. But we were extremely stubborn to accept it and we insisted about Anagnina. At last he got mad and started to complain another employee in the office about us. He was saying constantly “Why Anagnina?” in Italian.
We explained that we wanted to visit Sistine Chapel. It is closed in Sundays and we didn’t have much time in Saturday, too. Then he gave us this brochure and a general bus and train schedule. Thanks to him for his patience and helps.
We took the bus to Termini and easily went to Rome. In Sunday we had a chance to try the Anagnina bus and we finally understood why he kept saying us to go Termini. It was a torture going Anagnina from Fiuggi.

So, this brochure has useful information about the museums of Rome. It is good to have one but do not make people to have nervous breakdown, as we did.

Unnecessary note: We couldn’t visit Sistine Chapel.

Tesori Di Roma

by ozalp

We took the bus to Termini and easily went to Rome. In Sunday we had a chance to try the Anagnina bus and we understood why he kept saying us to go Termini. It was a torture going Anagnina from Fiuggi.

Unnecessary note: We couldn’t visit Sistine Chapel.

Metropolitana @ night

by SiCkb0y

Subway stations in Rome are open from 5:30a.m. till 11:30p.m. (12:30a.m. on Saturdays). However, this doesn't mean you can't use the metropolitana at night. You just need to find the nearest bus stop and there you have it, only on the ground :) You need to look out for buses marked MA1 BATTISTINI and MA1 ANAGNINA and there you have a perfect substitute for the subway line A. I haven't checked that personally, but most likely it's the same at the B line.

Rome Metro

by Willettsworld

I found Rome's metro system to be fairly clean, cheap and not that crowded if travelling outside of peak hours. The metro in Rome only has 2 lines: Line A runs from Battistini to Anagnina through stations such as Cipro Musei Vaticani for the Vatican Museum and Spagna for the Spanish Steps. Line B runs from Rebibbia to Laurentina through stations such as Colosseo for the Colosseum. Both lines converge at Stazione Termini, the city's central railway station. Unfortunately, both lines don't go anywhere near Piazza Navona or the Pantheon areas. The types of ticket are: BIT - Timed ticket which lasts for 75 mins after validation. Can only be used on the line purchased on. Costs € 1,00. BIG - Integrated daily ticket which lasts upto midnight and must be validated. Can only be used on the line purchased on. Costs € 4,00. BTI - Integrated tourist ticket which lasts for 3 days and must be date stamped before first journey. Costs € 11,00.

Travel and Transport From Rome Ciampino Airport

by JohnnySpangles

Not bad for a small airport. The problem however is still with the public transport links with Rome. I avoided paying the Terravison coach shuttle fare of EURO14 by using the local transport system. If you want to do likewise then here's how to do it, but bear in mind the caveats. As you come out of arrivals turn LEFT, exit the terminal doors and there is a bus stop straight in front of you (with a coach or bus probably waiting). This will either be a COTRAL or SCHIAFFANI bus/coach. The fare is EURO1 and you need to be heading for ANAGNINA METRO Station (which will be on the LED display on the front of the bus). In off-peak hours allow 30 minutes for this bus journey, in peak hours allow 55 minutes. When you get to ANAGNINA station go down the steps into the subway following the red'M' signs, just as you emerge into an open square (there's an old blue tram on display in the middle of it) look to your left and you'll see a tobacconist's booth where you can buy your Bigliette (ticket)..you can either get a single journey ticket for EURO1 or an all-day ticket for EURO4 (which you can use on METRO or COTRAL buses all day but NOT the SCHIAFFINI coach, so save 1 euro for your journey back!). Once you have your ticket turn to the left and follow the red 'M' signs for the metro trains. COMING BACK to Ciampino Airport head back for Anagnina Metro Station. Once out of the metro exit note that the departure platform for the buses back to the airport are over the other side of the metro station to the one you arrived at. So this time walk past the blue antique tram following the signs for COTRAL/SHIAFFINI PARTENEZ (departures) and go up platform 1 on your right. I had to wait 20 minutes, so factor in that sort of wait for the bus. The LED on the front will say CIAMPINO AIRPORT (again it is EURO1) and it will drop you off where you caught it when you arrived. Total Journey time you should allow for to Rome Termini Metro Station (including waiting) should be about 1hr 10 minutes. In peak hours this can go up to 2hrs.

Schiaffini Coach from Ciampion to Anagnina MetroSchiaffini Coach from Ciampion to Anagnina Metro

Cute catCute cat

Santa Maria Maggiore - Main altar and baldaquinSanta Maria Maggiore - Main altar and baldaquin

One of Rome's Many, Many McD'sOne of Rome's Many, Many McD's

Metro Anagnina to stazione Line A

Please let us know how many minutes it takes from this 2 stations

Does any body know Arcadia hotel ?

RE: Metro Anagnina to stazione Line A

by mccalpin

Paolo, what are the two stations? Anagnina is on one end of Metro line A...but what is the other destination that you want?

Paolo, quali son i due stazioni? Anagnina e' un termino di Linea A, ma qual'e' la altra destinazione? (não falo muito bem i portugues, pero spero que podes leir italiano bastante bem ;-) )...

tambem podes mirar http://www.atac.roma.it/ por mais informação, tudo em italiano...

Bill

Line A from anagnina to stazione Termini in central rome

How many minuts ?

by mccalpin

Paulo...how many minutes? hmmmn, a very good question. From Anagnina to Termini is about 14 stops - on the map, it appears to be 16, but at least one station is closed for modernization. During rush hour, the trains run every 3 minutes, so there is little wait, but I am not sure exactly how long the trip is. 20-30 minutes?

Oh, also, because of construction, Line A shuts down at 9:00 p.m. every evening and there are buses that run instead.

Does this help?

Bill

Ok thank you so much...

Albano Laziale

by santa007

Hi I was wondering if anyone can please help me! I have booked a trip to Rome and am staying in a town called Albano Laziale. I was just wondering if anyone has stayed in the Villa Altieri hotel before? Also I would be grateful if anyone could tell me the best way to travel to Albano Lazile from Ciampino Airport and also the best way to get in to the centre of Rome from there.
Thanks in advance!

by lichinga

I've never been to Villa Altieri, buit it sounds good.

From Ciampino, it's not easy to move. The bewst thing would be to reach the bus terminal at "Anagnina" metro station, that is quite close (possibly there are links from the airport, but I must tell you that Ciampino is not so commonly used. Are you sure you're not landing in Fiumicino airport?)

To/From Albano from/to Roma (Termini station), the best way is to use the local railway. Cheap and frequent, should take about 1 hour or less.

Andrea

by buasaard

To get to town from Albano, take the bus (blue one) that take you to Anagnina underground station.
As far as I know (I was born in the neighbouring town of Ariccia), there's no train station in Albano.
Then take the "Metro" to get to town.
From Ciampino to Albano, I guess you have to take a taxi in the airport. From Ciampino is about 10-15 Km.
From Albano to Rome is about 25 Km.

by ysa

I can tell you a couple of things about that hotel. Don't you ever stay there if you do not want your holiday spoiled by:

1) The worst service you will ever encounter
2) They say it is not far from Rome, which is not true. As in fact it takes 1 hour to get to Rome by train and after 9:00 pm there is no train going to that town. So if you want to enjoy Rome at night, well you can forget about it.
3) Rooms are very filthy. At least the bathroom looked cleaner
4) Breakfast is just biscuits/bread with coffee. When in other hotels I stayed in Florence and Venice, that also offered continental breakfast, they gave us: 2 different juices, coffee, yoghurt, croissants, etc..
5) They dont even have a map to indicate you where they are and if you call them to ask; they cannot tell you because they cant speak a word of English.
6) The train station is completely abandoned it is literally falling apart. Very unsafe to be there at night

In summary I am sure you can find much better hotels than this rubbish of Villa Altieri.

Re: Re: Albano Laziale

by santa007

thanks for that unfortunately i have booked it and will lose all my money if we dont stay there, not exaclty looking forward to it now though., how long ago were you there?
any chance you could give me directions from ciampino airport?
thanks!

"Timeschedule"

by Heidicw

Is there anyone who can tell me approxematly how much time I will use from my plane arrives at Ciampino Airport until I find my self at Termini Station in Rome?
(If I take the bus to Anagnina and the metro to Termini, including receving my luggage at Ciampino).

Thank you in advance!

Re: "Timeschedule"

by wolfytom

I've just done this trip.

Firstly, the train is better than the metro, much quicker and more comfortable. Secondly, the buses to and from anagnina are not very frequent.

A taxi from ciampino airport to anagnina costs about 10 euros. I know because we had to get one or we would have missed the plane!

I would allow about 80 - 90 minutes for the trip by bus and train. More if you use the metro!

Hope this helps, Andy