Hotel Ara Pacis

AMOMA.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 37% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• Nice Hotel in Rome

Really nice hotel in Rome city centre. We booked it on www.bookhotelsinrome.com at discounted rates. Clean hotel with helpful staff!

Unique Quality: location
    budget travel

Directions: From Rome's Termini Station, take subway line A towards Battistini, getting of at the Lepanto stop. Take bus 913 (in the direction of Augusto Imperatore), getting off at the fourth stop, right in front of the Hotel Ara Pacis.

• Aitana's Profile Photo

A place to forget

I am afraid that most of hotels in Rome are expensive, but I thought that paying such an amount would warranty a decent accomodation.
    The hotel is in a very big building and it is possible that there are good rooms, but ours was really disappointing. It was too small, the bed was against the room, so one of us had to jump everytime we went to bed or got up. It was impossible to open both suitcases.
    The bathroom was tiny, there was just a courtain to "isolate" the shower (no shower plate).
    This could be compensated with nice views, but we just saw an ugly courtyard.

• saobartolomeu's Profile Photo

Great Location - Over priced

This hotel is in an excellent location, just a few minutes walk from the Vatican, Fontana de Trevi and all the major spots in Rome.

The drawback is that the hotel looks like its never been renovated since the early 1900's! The rooms are old, small and antiquated. When I say small I mean our double bed was up against the wall and we had a very narrow path between the bed and the wall on the other side. The walls are paper thin and the doors are so old you can see people walking by in the hallway through the closure.

The breakfast was meager, at best, and even with a special price of 100 euros a night it was still way over priced. I'll never understand how it ever got a 3 star rating unless in Italy they're very laid back in rating hotels. I would even give it a 1 star even though the staff was moderately nice.

• TracyBates's Profile Photo

Beware - No Elevator!

This was a fine hotel in a good location, but beware that the elevator is "broken", and apparently has been for years. I consider myself in fairly good shape but carrying my luggage left me huffing and puffing - and all I had was a carry-on duffle on wheels! This hotel is up several flights of stairs. We tried using the intercom in the lobby for assistance but no one answered.

The service could be better. There were two young men at the reception desk, and they were neither polite nor helpful. The room itself was great. It was on the small size (as most in Europe tend to be) but it had french doors that led out to a (shared) balcony. The bathroom was large and sparkling. I believe the hotel had recently been renovated.

We found a great deal for this hotel on Hotels.com.

Unique Quality: The hotel itself was fine. The bathroom was large and the only one on our ttwo-week trip (Austria and Italy) that had a bathtub...not a necessity but a very nice surprise! After all the walking we did in Rome, having a bathtub was pretty nice!

More about Hotel Ara Pacis

Cheap Hotel/Motel in Rome

by ruffy1

Hi all,
Anybody wants to suggest where to get a cheap place to stay in Rome for 2-3 nights.. thanks in advance.

RE: Cheap Hotel/Motel in Rome

by tracys2cents

How cheap? Donald Trump thinks that $500 is cheap!

RE: Cheap Hotel/Motel in Rome

by tat2d

You will find some wonderful and reliable info at tripadvisor.com

RE: RE: Cheap Hotel/Motel in Rome

by MissThing606

I've stayed in the hotel ara Pacis for about £38 per night. the staff were all polite and helpful, the location was superb. it was just in from of Ponte Cavour which is 10 minutes wask to the spanish steps and 10 minutes to Vatican in the other direction.

Comments