Piazza Barberini 23, Rome, Lazio, 00187, Italy

Costs 26% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Hotel Bernini Bristol

Wonderful Hotel in Rome

by chrisedw about Hotel Bernini Bristol

Very comfortable and made accomodations for my family of 5 in two nice adjoining rooms. We had 12 family members in 5 rooms for 3 nights. Incredible sunset views from the bar/restaurant (indoors and outdoors) on the top floor.

bernini bristol is great!

by TripAdvisor Member jerseytravelfan

Bernini Bristol is a wonderful hotel. The location can not be beat. The Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps and Borghese Gallery are all within very easy walking distance. A little farther, but still very easily reached on foot are the Piazza Navona, Pantheon, Piazza Venezia, Colosseum and Forum. The service was excellent and I found the staff very attentive. The jacuzzi in my room was a welcomed surprise. The restaurant is a splurge, but well worth it for at least one meal.

Wonderful Food, Magnificent View

by Gone2Roma about L'Olimpo

This is a restaurant for a special occasion, or to comemmorate your last evening in Roma. Bring money; it is not inexpensive. Wine is served by the bottle only. The view of Roma at sundown in unforgettable as the restaurant sits atop the Hotel Bernini Bristol. The clientele tend to dress well for dinner, here. Men wore sports coats, etc. Not all had ties, but it would not be over the top. I had fish (trout, as I recall). It was superb. The presentation is top-shelf. The wait staff are professionals in every respect. The appetizers were delicately delicious. The desserts were perfect. A wonderful sweetness that was only slightly larger than bite-size. The entire meal, soup-to-nuts, including the bottle of white wine was $160 U.S. Just me, a single diner. Was it worth it? Indeed, every penny. I will return during my next visit to Roma.

Greatest tour guide we could have asked for

by chrisedw

Giorgio Dell'Artino was our tour guide. He is very good in explaining the sights in English. Our first stop was the Hotel Bernini Bristol in Rome. Very nice accomodations. The bar/restaurant on the top floor offered wonderful sunset views. Giorgio got us tickets for the AS Roma vs Inter Milan soccer match that evening. Great seats and a wonderful game. Rome was the winner.
Excellent next 3 days in Rome visiting the Pantheon, Colosieum, Vatican, with many excellent meals in between. He really knows the area. Our bus driver was Francesco who was a great driver and very courteous.
We then moved on to Sorrento with a stop in Pompeii on the way to see the ruins. Sorrento was our home base for the next three days. It is a neat city on the coast overlooking Pompeii and Mount Veseveus. One day we took a trip down the coast to Amalfi and Positani. Two great towns with lots to see and do. The next day was a boat ride to Capri. This is a must do from Sorrento. Our last day was spent exploring the town and shopping.
On the way back to Rome, we stopped at the palace Reggia di Caserta. What an amazing place. It was somewhat modeled after Versailles in France.
Our last evening was spent in a business hotel near the Airport for our morning flight out the next day.
What a vacation. Can't wait to visit Italy again.

great location

Chose the Bernini Bristol Hotel on the back of the good reviews on this site and wasn't disappointed. The location of the hotel is excellent - 5 mins walk from Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain, and easily walkable (20-25mins) to the Roman Forum and Colloseum. There's also a Metro station right outside the hotel.

The rooms were surprisingly large, clean and well-equipped. Didn't have breakfast in the hotel, but ate on the rooftop restaurant, which although expensive (~50 euro pp) has a breathtaking view over Rome.

Good location but not 5 star luxury.

by TripAdvisor Member Nokidstraveller

Was a little disappointed by the Bernini Bristol, our room was nice and clean but definitely not 5 star luxury. The shutter on the window wouldn't stay up and the whole hotel is covered in scaffolding and sheeting at the moment so we had no natural light coming in. Also our large double window did not lock. We reported it to the concierge but they didn't fix it. Probably okay normally as it was on 4th floor but with scaffolding platforms etc it could easily be opened with just a little push from the outside. We didn't leave any valuables in the room and were out most of the time so weren't too worried but some may find it a bit alarming.

Anyone staying there in the near future would be advised to get in touch with the hotel if they are expecting a room with a view to find out when the work will be completed.

Apart from that, the staff were very friendly and it is a good location beside the metro station and close to attractions but we walked everywhere, even to the Vatican.

Definitely recommend

by TripAdvisor Member Luisalovesitaly

I was very pleased with our experience at the Bernini Bristol. When we first drove up, it didn't seem that impressive from the outside and my heart sank a bit. But all the staff personnel were professional and friendly, and very helpful, and our room was beautiful (I loved the padded upholstered walls trimmed in thick cording). The workout room was adequate. The included breakfasts were wonderful and lavish, served in an Old World dining room overlooking the square - with handsome, tuxedo'd waiters refilling cappucinno and coffee as quickly as one could drink it. The rooftop dinner with live piano music, overlooking the city lights of Rome is not to be missed - although pricey and not the best meal we had in Italy. Yet worth it for the experience. (I did come to realize that my long blond curly hair and green eyes afforded me more male attention than I usually receive in LA). The location, within an easy walk of Trevi Foundation, the Spanish Steps, and right in front of a metro station and Internet cafe - was very convenient.

beautiful, clean, quiet location

This hotel was within walking distance of many restaurants, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps. It was a $7. cab ride to the Vatican. Our room was absolutely beautiful with a nice sitting area. We had requested early check-in but room was not available until normal check in time. Staff was not all that service oriented but hotel was very clean and quiet and I would recomend it. Any questions, please feel free to e-mail me.

Great Location

The location to this hotel was great. We were within walking distance to many good places to eat, the Trevi Fountain, Panthenon, Piazza Navona, and the spanish steps. We stayed in a junior suite. The room was wonderful. The staff all spoke English. The were not the most friendly, but they were helpful.

Rome to Sorrento

by chrisedw

"Rome"

Rome is a wonderful place to visit. Our tour guide Giorgio met us at the airport and we traveled to the Hotel Bernini Bristol. Caught a good rest to combat jetlag. After breakfast, it was time for some sightseeing.

"Sorrento and Amalfi Coast"

Oh, there it is - Hotel BerniniOh, there it is - Hotel Bernini

Central Hotel in Rome?

by nyc_chef_1971

Hey all, we were wondering if anyone can suggest a hotel that is pretty central to all the sites in Rome. We enjoy walking, so something in the middle would be great. We are looking for the $200-$250 per night range, so I imagine we can find something.

Thanks
J&R

by irazisme

We are going to be in Rome 5/12 - 5/15, and booked a hotel near the Spanish Steps, the Hotel Bernini Bristol. We paid just under $1,000 for the 3 nights (through Expedia) and thought we paid a lot. A friend we met on our last South American cruise checked it out last week, and the price almost doubled. Good luck. Rome is one of the most expensive cities for hotels, and with the price of the Euro, its awful.

Ira

by abarbieri

Have a look to other Vt member's Rome Travel Pages first, you will find many good tips.A good location for you would be around the Spanish Steps, near Campo de Fiori or Navona Square.
On Venere and Expedia web sites you always find some of the best deals but consider that if you are coming here between now and end of June it is high season and 200 euro is not that much for a double room.
Ciao,Antonio

by luvroma

One of the hotels in that price range that I know of is Hotel Portoghesi, just north of the Piazza Navona. It's a basic 3* hotel in a great location with a roof top terrace for breakfast and a grouchy front desk. And it's in your price range.

by stiab3

try using www.venere.com

They have a range of hotels and you can select them based on location and what attraction they are near to.

s3

by MoreBarTime11

We just booked a 2 bedroom apartment in Rome for 130euro per night for 4 people. I found the apartments much more affordable with more to offer than a hotel. Perhaps search for apartments in Rome. I can share a couple websites if it is of interest---let me know!

Transfer from Civitavecchia

by irazisme

Can anyone suggest the least expensive way to get from the ship to a hotel in downtown Rome with a lot of luggage. We are not up to taking the train. We dock in Civitavecchia on May 12th.

Thanks

RE: Transfer from Civitavecchia

by abarbieri

If you are not up to take the train and unless you wish to walk all the way (it is about 90 km!!) you have no other option then ask to arrange for a minivan & private driver to pick you up from Civitavecchia Pier.Expect to pay about 200 euro for a professional service.
1000 USD for 3 nights at the Bernini Bristol is a good deal.Save some money for great meals at Tullio Restaurant that is just around the corner or at Colline Emiliane that takes 2 minutes by walk.
All the best!!
Antonio

RE: RE: Transfer from Civitavecchia

by Ladyplus

Antonio,

Myself and 4 other family members, along with tons of luggage took a taxi out of Rome to Civitavecchia about 3 weeks ago. The cost was 80 Euros, the taxi ask for 110 Euros, but we gave him 100 Euros since that was all of the cash that we had without going to an ATM, or Bancomat. We would have given him more since that experience, time saved and convenience was well worth it. There are plenty of Taxis at the train station in Civitavecchia. I'm not sure if the price would be the same if they drove you to Rome, but it's an option. Good luck!

Enjoy your stay!

RE: RE: Transfer from Civitavecchia

by avemuspapa

Hi there,

If you are interested in booking a private transfer ahead of time, I have used one that is very reliable. Their prices are 130 Euro. Email me personally if you like at mionratzinger@yahoo.com.
Ciao!
Danielle

Hotel Recommendations Please

by SabrinaSummerville

Later this year I am taking my Mum and her sister to Rome and Florence as a 70th birthday present for my Aunt.

I'm looking for recommendations of centrally located four and five star hotels in each location at good prices. Because Mum and my Aunt are not bright young things any more, the hotels really will have to be central. Also, we'd like something luxurious but not old world shabby.

I've been to Rome before and loved the hotel I stayed in, but my Mum didn't like it. hence the need for recommendations.

As for Florence, I don't have any idea where to even start!

RE: Hotel Recommendations Please

by Limoncelo

In Rome you could stay close to the Colosseum and the Forum, to visit the ancient sites, or you could stay around the Spanish steps and Fontana di Trevi for more "action" and shopping.

Near the Colosseum you can find hotel Gladiatori, a nice 4 star hotel (http://en.venere.com/hotels_rome/colosseo/hotel_gladiatori.html?ref=27723).

Hotel Bernini (http://www.venere.com/hotel/index.php?htid=10684&&ref=27723) is closer to the Trevi fountain and more luxurious. It is also close to a metro station.

I hope this helps,
Rachel,

by SabrinaSummerville

Thank you Rachel - of course it helps. I'll check out those websites now.

by SabrinaSummerville

Yes indeed I have a question - about a good hotel in Rome and another in Florence. I posted the details above. Thank you.

by LubaLorine

Florence: for old world charm, but filled with modern luxury you must stay at the Grand Hotel Villa Medici. It is two blocks in from the Arno on the south side of town. It's a 10 minute walk to the city centre and across the Arno to the Oltrarno district. The area is safe and relatively quiet - the hotel has recently been updated and renovated and I found the beds ultra comfortable and the decor old-world classic and elegant. The bathrooms are to die for and the service was the best I've ever had in any hotel (and I worked for the Four Seasons for years!) Though it is upscale and luxurious certainly (it's a renovated Medici palace) the prices were quite reasonable for the level of service and luxury. Breakfast was great too! It is located near Ognissanti church and since most all of downtown Florence is walkable, you will find that nearly everything is quite "central" so don't worry too much about it. Check out reviews and photos on www.TripAdvisor.com also.

Buon viaggio! LL

by SabrinaSummerville

I've just checked out the hotel's website - oh yes, without a doubt I think you have picked the right hotel for us!!!!!! It looks so perfect - and the idea of staying in a Medici Palace...............

Comments