Via Firenze 12, Rome, 00184, Italy

Venere.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Henrik_rrb's Profile Photo

Good three star hotel in central Rome

Wonderful three star hotel ten minutes walk from the Termini central station. We got a huge room with a balcony. No view from the balcony, but it was so nice to sit out there in the sunshine and enjoy an ice cream. Bed was big, a bit too hard for my liking, but my wife on the other hand though it was great. Big bathroom too. The room also had a tv with the usual italian channels.
    Service from the reception was excellent and we got a great tip for where we should have dinner. Breakfast was included in the price. Nothing spectacular, but it made sure I was full for some time. Some yogurt, ham, sausages and bread. And the italian dolce of course. No wifi in the hotel, but they have a computer with internet connection that guests can use for free.
    The hotel is situated on Via Firenze, a nice area with plenty of restaurants nearby. It's a ten minute walk to Termini, and also the other direction to Colosseum. Santa Maria Maggiore church is just around two corners.

Unique Quality: Not too common with a balcony on the three stars hotel in Rome, so this one was a nice surprise.

Directions: Ten minutes walk from central station Termini. A few turns, but not far enough to make it worth a taxi ride.

More about Rome

BibliBibli

The CastleThe Castle

EsquilineEsquiline

San Pietro - Funeral Monument of Pope Alexander VISan Pietro - Funeral Monument of Pope Alexander VI

Hotel Dei Congressi

Hello
I am looking for any information on Hotel Dei Congressi.
The price is pretty good for a 4-star Hotel and I was wondering if there is any catch. Website refers it's close to 2 metro stations but how far is it from the city centre?
Any other ideas for good value price are always welcome

by mccalpin

The Hotel dei Congressi is down in EUR. This is the "modern" city built by Mussolini, which, in its way, is a blessing, because it meant that he left more of the city center alone. This is where there are more modern office towers (but not all that many, really), and wide open spaces.

Yes, the hotel is two blocks from a Metro station, so the ride to the "city center" won't take that long (20 minutes to Termini? I don't know). And the Metro runs frequently so you don't have long to wait.

This area won't have the "charm" of the city center (but might be quieter as well), and there may not be bars and restaurants, etc, on every corner like there are in most parts of Rome, but you are about 3 blocks away from the Museum of Roman Civilization, a Fascist era museum that is undervisited by tourists, and has the ballroom-sized scale models of Rome that appear in every Latin book.

So, this will be a function of how good a deal you're getting. No, you not in the city "center", but, yes, you can get there quickly enough. So how good of a deal are you getting?

Bill

by helio2004

Current offer has it for 82€/night,which is even less than renting an apartment, that was my original intention! I dont mind taking the metro (do you know at what hour is the latest route?) but if you are aware of any alternatives located in the center I would appreciate it.
Thanks

by mccalpin

I'm on the road at the moment and can't look it up, but it's something like until 11:30 pm on weeknights and until 12:30 am on Friday and Saturday...but don't quote me exactly ;-)

Bill

ok. thank you
take care

by puerto_lover

I like to 'snoop' on location of places to be visited beforehand by using Google Street View. I see that in front of the hotel is an enormous building site. I have no idea when the Google cameras took the images (can this be discovered anywhere) but it does make me think that your hotel is on the edge of this construction and this may not be so pleasant.
Try pasting this address into Google Maps and take a walk around ?
Viale Shakespeare, 29, 00144 Rome, Lazio, Italy

Travel Tips for Rome

The Vatican - Wow..!

by RonanB

If you are in Central Rome walk to the Vatican along the banks of the Tiber. On a sunny spring morning it is majestic. Although Irish and christened Catholic, I would describe myself as agnostic. But you cannot help but be beguiled by the approach to the Vatican City and the interior of St Peter's Basilica. It's astonishing that virtually every single item no matter how big or small is an individual work of art. The walk to the Pantheon from our Hotel through the back streets on through the Paizza di Spagna down several more side streets and then you happen upon a small square with this little gem of a building that was built when God was a child.

Roman cafe culture

by Jenniflower

The Roman lifestyle is not about rushing about like a madman... like it is in most other cities today.

It is far more relaxed.

Where one actually takes the time to sit back and relax and appreciate what's going on around!

The cafe culture is lovely. One can just go and sit in a cafe, drinking a latte, licking some gelato ice cream, and watch people going by their daily business.

There is much to be said for this culture. Living in London currently, everything is so clock-watched and busy.

It's a pleasure to be somewhere where one doesnt feel hassled to move along, but can just relax a while.

my shopping experience

by maritoni about lots of shops

VIA CONDOTTI - upscale boutiques from Hermes, Christian Dior, Prada.. near the Spanish Steps...

VIA DEL CORSO - average shops selling men and womens clothing... great sales prices...

but watch out for the vendors who uses calculators instead of their registers. 2 experiences taught me to watch these vendors who will overprice your items.. They will show the total of your merchandise in their calculator but as you do your own calculation, there is an extra 20-30 euros added in the total, especially if you will purchase several items in their store (155euro up get the value added tax back after exiting italy - VAT credit for non Euro nations only)...

one shop selling souvenir sweatshirts (GOAL, name of store) charged me 30 euro on top of my merchandises. I bought 6 sweatshirts/tshirts, totallin 313 euros. When I got to my hotel, I added my purchases and they total 283 euros only. I had to go back and ask for my 30 euro back. I took pictures of my purchases using my camera fone and had to prove to the vendor/owner what I got and my calculations. She said "impossible" but later gave me another shirt worth 30euro....

another incident with FIORENTINO (store name) was when i was buying leather merchandises - i saw that the vendor added another 20euros to my puchases when she did the calculation (using a calculator)... but I wasnt able to go back to retrieve my money because it was out of area...

Lesson: These vendors probably thought I am a tourist in a tourist bus (wherein these "asian" tourists were just dropped off in the area) and will never come back to retrieve their money - & if they do retrieve their money, they will just give credit... if not, the money is theirs to keep.

Roma Piu Pass - Regional Transportation

by icunme

If you are here in Rome for awhile and consider day trips, the Roma&Più Pass is for you! Exactly like the Roma Pass… but whereas the Roma Pass is for the city of Rome, the Roma&Più Pass is for the city of Rome AND the province of Lazio. Currently the Roma&Più Pass is €25. So what do you get for your two extra Euro?

On the transport section of the pass you get the same benefits as the Roma Pass AND you can ride the extra-urban COTRAL coaches (regional bus line), and the regional railways of Trenitalia (2nd class). So in the province of Lazio, you can use your Roma&Più Pass to head to Tivoli on the COTRAL bus or regional train. You can ride trains – other than the Met.Ro trains in and around Rome – as long as you stay in the first three zones of the Trenitalia map! If you are looking to get out of the city to Lake Braciano, than this pass works for you.

Be aware, but according to the lastest updates on the Roma Pass website (April 27, 2009), ROME PASSES ARE NOT ACCEPTED on the Leonardo Express from FCO to Termini or on the FR1 train from the Airport into town. Trenitalia will not compromise their big money-makers!

Using the Roma&Più Pass you will also have access to Museums and sites in the Province, not just in Rome… so you get a few more opportunities to get discounts or free entry. This is primarily more of a benefit for day trips.

Hostaria La Romanesca

by Gili_S about Taverns - Hostaria La Romanesca

This restaurant and terrace located in one of the most popular places in Rome for dinning and parting. Many restaurants and pubs around here and well, the price goes up with the popularity of the place. It was surely a record price I ever paid for a beer, 7 euro. Not even in Norway I paid that much,

Comments