Via Sforza 10, Rome, Lazio, 00184, Italy

Venere.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Costs 39% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• jadeybaby79's Profile Photo

Friendly and good value

From booking I was not sure if this hotel would be a great place because they took long time to respond to inquiries and did not seem to go out of their way. However, they did meet us at the airport and the front desk was helpful to our inquiries. They have a computer with wifi free to guests and you can get wifi passwords for you own devices but it is 10 euros per device for three days so do not be fooled when you read free wifi at a hotel. Luckily the guy gave us one free. There is also a free breakfast buffet that is not bad either but no restuarant so in 39 C weather like it is today.. we are out of luck for ordering room service. All in all the hotel is clean and they have a great view from a rooftop terrace. It is a cozy and friendly place so we would recommend staying here. I would say its a 3.5 out of 5.

Unique Quality: Great rooftop view.

More about Rome

Villa D'Este, interiorVilla D'Este, interior

Driving around the wall of the VaticanDriving around the wall of the Vatican

Inside domeInside dome

Huge, re-used inscribed lintelHuge, re-used inscribed lintel

One Day Cooking Schools / Courses

by Billwalker

Any suggestions for these in Rome ?

by hiflya

You might want to look at http://www.contexttravel.com/city/Rome/all_walking_tours/cuisine
or

by johnfromoz

Whilst in Rome we ate at a wonderful little restaurant near Piazza Navona called The Library which also does one day cooking classes. The people are lovely & the food to die for. We loved it so much we went back again the following night for seconds.
Here is the link; http://www.thelibrary.it/all/corsocucina.htm
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

by Billwalker

Thanks for the tip .. I've been in contact with them and we are definitely taking the Library's cooking course ... GREAT IDEA ... my wife will love it

Travel Tips for Rome

Adjusting to the summer temperature

by Krissssss

This is not a tip just for Rome, actually, but for all locations that get really hot, like Rome in summer. I stayed one month in Rome and the temperature was not a problem for me, even though I come from northern Europe and I'm not used to those temperatures. Why, you ask?

Well the apartment I stayed in had no aircondition. Sounds like a nightmare, right? Nope! When you live in an airconditioned apartment/hotel you never let your body adjust to the temperature. Well if you have a high temperature 24/7 you get used to it. Its not really that bad getting used to it either. The first night when I arrived there was horrible, my sister and I had major problems sleeping. But the rest of the time was fine. All you need are open windows and you'll be fine. (Yes we had open windows the first night as well)

I've lived in Florida and down there the heat was too much for me because I was constantly going in and out of overly airconditioned buildings. In Rome I had no problems at all.

Nativity - natività

by Angelinka

Typical for catholic religion and where u can find it if not in Vatican city,it should be so big ??

per la religione cattolica fare il presepe è un dovere e dove se non in Vaticano questo deve essere a grandezza natuale?

and guess what - another hill

by Giulia_ua

This place has its name from restaurant pralced on top of hill - Zodiac. If you want to eat there - better make reservation in advance. then you can enjoy both - good food and fantastic view of night Rome

The euphoria to 'walk Rome'...

by tarim

The euphoria to 'walk Rome' will last no more than one day, after that your feet will thank you for a one-day ticket (6.000 lit) with which you can travel by bus and underground as often as you like... and the colorful trains and the colorful busses are worth a ride ...

Ristorante Cinese

by Paisleypaul about Buon Sapore

Delicious Chinese food - I suppose this is Cantonese (?) Huge countries like China and India export such a culinary diversity that the Chinese restaurants are very different to those in Scotland and doubtless elsewhere.

What is more, the prices are cheaper than a take away in Scotland ! And a great cool little spot to hide if you eat just after midday.

Best option near the Pantheon as the La Rotonda ristorante Cinese we visited 2003 and 2004 is now Italian - confusing as the name remains the same We had hot & sour soup,spring rolls, seafood hot plate and chicken satay with sate rice, cantonese rice, side dishes of mixed Chinesse vegetables, a large 660ml Peroni beer 2 cokes and 1 Litre mineral water

Our billl - - - EU28.05. That's about GBP £19, a la carte at less than a business lunch in this neck of the woods

Comments