Hotel Delle Nazioni

Costs 31% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Hotel Delle Nazioni

Great Location but .....

by TripAdvisor Member LucyLocket100

The hotel is still being refurbished and is very basic - no restaurant or bar - back room with no windows is currently being used for breakfast. Bedroom was ok and newly refurbished. Before booking any tours or taxis through the hotel make sure you carry out some research first. A mark up of some form is expected but we were quoted nearly double the actual fare for a taxi to the port and once we found out the actual cost from a taxi driver, the reception staff were quite unpleasant when we cancelled their private car hire although we gave over 2 hrs notice prior to departure.
However, excellent location next to Trevi Fountain

Loved it! Great location!

by TripAdvisor Member cyufleming

I am six months pregnant and decided to visit Italy and Venice again like my husband and I had always talked about before the baby arrives. We were in Rome from Oct 20-25, 2006 and booked the hotel thru their own website--you get it a lot cheaper, by the way by doing this. As promised, their breakfast was great--with eggs and bacon, croissants, OJ, capuccino, deli meats and cheeses. The location was perfect, just steps away from the Trevi Fountain, a short distance from the Piazza Spagna and a decent walk to the Termini station. The rooms were acceptable in size, with wood floors and foam mattresses and a good sized bathroom for a European hotel, with large closet space as well.

Another thing that I liked was that it is so close to a grocery store where you can get wine and cheese and water at regular prices!

However, there is still some construction in the hotel as of the week we were there. So count on some noise in the morning, apart from the usual traffic you can potentially hear from out the window.

Salvatore the Concierge was very helpful booking restaurant reservations and giving suggestions where to have dinner. THe other staff members are just as friendly when approached but seemed to have a rather bland affect. But don't let that bother you and think that they are unfriendly or will not be helpful as they were great as well.

We had no problem getting a cab to the station as we decided not to brave rolling out luggage to the station but it is within a doable distance.

Remember to check in wine in your luggage if you are brave enouch to do so when plan ning to bring them home as they will be confiscated when hand carried!

Good Location, Terrible Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Tobygirl

I read some reviews of this hotel that said that it was undergoing restoration but since the reviews were written in late 2005 I thought that the repair work would be done by the time we arrived. I was very mistaken. The lobby was a mess, the elevator was not working, and construction went on all during the day. Hauling suitcases up and down three flights of marble stairs was very dangerous and I was worried about the older guests because some areas had no handrails. The staff was the most unfriendly we encountered during our three week stay in Italy. There was no air conditioning and the rooms were unbearably hot and stuffy.

Perfect location

by TripAdvisor Member elisaNorway

I stayed at the Delle Nazioni with my family for a long-weekend in Jan 2007. The hotel was still undergoing renovation, but the rooms were finished and appeared very nice. Clean rooms, hardwood floors, comfortable beds and decent size bathrooms. They were still renovating the lobby and breakfast room so these seemed a bit provisional and messy. The breakfast buffet included in our room price was not the most appealing, simple and basic but far from bad.
In general the hotel was more a 3 star than 4 star hotel in my opinion, but this might improve after they finish renovations.
Location on the other hand was GREAT! Walking distance to everything, they are just a few steps from the Trevi Fountain and within 10 min of The spanish steps, Pantheon, shopping at Via Corso etc. We were also able to walk to St. Peters Basilica from there, I think it was only about 2 km.
I would definately recommend the hotel to others.

Perfect location, good quality, refurb almost finished

by TripAdvisor Member JB30

The hotel is good quality and perfectly located very close to the Trevi Fountain but far enough away from the noisy main street. We got upgraded to a suite so that was a perfect start, however the only advantage was the extra size, no more frills.

The refurb is almost complete, wires (not bare ones mind) sticking out of the room walls and in the breakfast room show there is a little bit to finish off but the restaurant is now open.

Breakfast was good by European standards and the service on reception also typically European, i.e. not service with a smile, just service.

Be careful when leaving the hotel, they tried to get me to use their own transfer service at €45 to Ciampino airport, apparently there were no normal taxis, however a 50 yard walk to the taxi rank and sure enough there were plenty available charging the fixed rate €30.

Having seen plenty of other hotels when walking around the town my biggest tip would be to find one on a quiet street, there are many hotels on main roads and these would be very noisy. As the town is very compact you can also save money by staying away from the major tourist sites.

Great Hotel in a Great Area

by TripAdvisor Member Crizdee

I just returned from a 9 day Girls Getaway in Italy. Our first stop in Roma was at the Hotel Delle Nazione. We found the hotel to be in a wonderful location. We were so close to everything we wanted to do and see. The front desk staff were very courteous, offering helpful advice when I had issues with changing money and using my new check card.
The rooms are relatively small, but we weren't really in our rooms much. The phones do not make long distance calls, but there are several public phones located nearby. This is definitely not a luxury resort, but if you are looking for a safe, clean, nice hotel in a good location- then this is the place for you!

fab time

by TripAdvisor Member DonnaMP

Read mixed reviews mainly to do with the renovations, luckily for us everything was finished and we were very happy on arrival, very spacious and airy, polite staff, the room was lovely and couldn't think of anything that was missed, plenty of pillows and towels. We booked our tours though the hotel which we recommend after seeing the queues for the vatican museum and other attractions. Breakfast was very nice, plenty on choice. trevi fountain right on the corner, and many many other attractions all within easy walking distance, the hotel provides useful maps. We never had to use any transport during our 4 night trip. Get the airport to arrange the taxi and don't pay more than 45 - 50 euro's to and from the airport. Well worth the visit and will definately visit again.

Fantastic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member BoltonTourist

We had originally booked at Hotel Genio but changed at the last minute after reading far too many unfavourable reviews for them all to have been written by Mr and Mrs Impossible to Please and Family. Turned out to be a brilliant decision.

This is the third time I've stayed in Rome and this is by far the best hotel I've stayed in. The refurb was 99% complete when we arrived and the new decor is in lovely understated neutral colours. Very large rooms (by normal Rome standards), huge beds, very helpful desk staff and porters, and a FANTASTIC location.

30 secs walk in one direction is the Trevi Fountain. 5 mins further down in the same direction is the Pantheon. 5 mins walk in the other direction brings you to the Spanish Steps. The Barberini metro is about 10 mins away. There are also several taxi ranks located nearby.

The hotel has a lovely bar and restaurant. The breakfast room is spacious but can get packed later on, and the breakfast selection adequate. (The breakfast room is located behind reception in a large room that faces an alleyway - which caused one reviewer to complain about being squeezed in a dingy back room - but this is a typical Mr Impossible to Please comment).

The only issue I had (and this is a very minor one) was the street noise. The rooms aren't the best for soundproofing, and if you're a light sleeper and this is going to bother you then I'd invest in some ear plugs. But after a hard days sight seeing I was far too tired to let a few muffled car noises stop me sleeping.

We booked directly on the hotels website where you can get incredibly good deals, and then followed up with email confirmations. All correspondence from the hotel was efficient, professional and polite.

I really couldn't understand the complaints about this hotel, until after seeing first hand what some peoples attitudes and expectations are. Unfortunately it's these sort of intentionally difficult people that tend to do the complaining.

One particular couple sat in a restaurant after perusing several nearby menus and proceeded to order a meal that the restaurant didn't provide. The waiters and staff very helpfully prepared the food for them anyway, but didn't quite get it to the couples satisfaction. After several loud and patronising complaints, they eventually eat part of it and then left complaining of unsatisfactory service and how they'd get that meal much better at home.

Ignore these people. This hotel is lovely. I doubt you'd get much better for the price anywhere in Rome. Highly, highly recommended.

Good Location - Not so Good Room

by TripAdvisor Member TonisTravels

It was very hot in Italy and our room just didn't seem to ever cool down. The room was small and not as clean as I would have liked ( for example there was hair on the floor of bathroom).

The hotel is in a great location, walking distance to everything. The staff is somewhat helpful, the breakfast isn't very good - the coffee comes from a quasi-vending machine.

All in all, its a great location - but the room was disappointing.

A couple of questions

by lele100

Hi All,
My fiance and I will be going on our honeymoon to Paris and Rome, We will be staying at Hotel delle Nazioni, which is supposed to be right around the corner from the Trevi Fountain, Has anyone ever stayed there and if so how is the hotel? How is the area?

Also can anyone recommend a place to hang out at night around that area, not necessarily a night club more of a hang out place with lots of locals and a bar.

We are also looking for a dinner place very authentic with maybe someone playing italian music during dinner.

Any of these answers would be appreciated
Thanks