Hotel Diana

Hotel Diana Roof Garden
Venere.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Good location, helpful staff

Went to Rome on business, arrived quite late and needed to use the train each day. So wanted a hotel close by the Termini Station. Hotel staff were very helpful, responded quickly to email requests. The hotel is clean, quiet and very convenient for the station, breakfast is excellent. Note that internet is not really free, you get a small quota for your stay which is not sufficient for most practical purposes.

Unique Quality: Roof garden is nice. Centrally located yet quiet. Good value for money. Complimentary softdrink, crisp and mineral water each day.

• Very Satisfied

As one of six adults staying in this hotel, I was very satisfied. I found the location ideal for getting to and from the airport, and a convenient walk to major sites.

The hotel did shut off the AC during the day, but not for long and this was not a problem. When we were in our room, I never had a problem (on and off from 3pm to 10am).

Other than one incident with one person at the desk, the staff was helpful and all other interactions with the staff were pleasant.

The breakfast was more than I expected. They had scrambled eggs and bacon, as well as hardboiled eggs, canned peaces, ham, cheese, breads, croissants and cereal.

The bathrooms in both rooms were more than adequate (not closet-like at all). One room was on the small side, but it was for two people and we had three people staying there.

Overall, I was very pleased and would stay there again.

• marsistanbul's Profile Photo

a distinguished atmosphere

Situated in the heart of Rome at 150 m from the main railway station Termini.Hotel Diana has more than 180 rooms with private bath and shower,perfect cuisine of its large restaurant,its inviting bar,offer a first class service in a distinguished atmosphere,unique for a hotel of its category..

Directions: close to main monuments,opera house theatre,5 minutes walk to Termini station..

• xaver's Profile Photo

Central, cheap

This hotel is absolutely nothing special.
    Single rooms are really SMALL,I stayed there one night because I had my flight to Bangkok the day after, as i said absolutely nothing to be remembered but the price was 50 euro with breakfast and it was close enough to the train station.
    Do not count on breakfast, when I went to the breakfast room there was not a single free table so i just took a coffe.

Unique Quality: It's central and not expensive.

Directions: when you leave the trains at your back, take the left exit, 2 streets and then you are in via principe Amedeo, turn right.

• Hotel Diana, Rome

Stayed here twice in 2 weeks. Once in a refurbished and once in an original.

Service can be a little "Fawlty Towers" but its a great place to stay in Rome

Unique Quality: Rooftop garden, 20 minute walk downhill to the Trevi Fountain

• leadingedge's Profile Photo

Close to Termini

Stayed here to be close to train station. Proably a better hotel than some others in this area, but room was very small and no fresh air.
    Air con only works from 2 pm to 11 pm so is very hot and stuffy in warmer months.
    Breakfast was okay but staff not particularly helpful.
    The rooftop Garden Room only opens during summer, so the rest of the year, meals are eaten in a room without any view.

Directions: Near train station

More about Hotel Diana

Bravo Hotel Diana! We loved it.

On our very first trip to Rome, myself and my fiancee stayed at The Hotel Diana (a four-star hotel located on v. Amedeo) and we want to let you all know that it is fantastic.

The hotel's location is superb - on the better side of Termini station going towards the Opera House - and accessible for all the sights of ancient Rome whether on foot or by Metro. The nearest Metro stations are Repubblica and Termini (the hotel is located right between the two) and each takes about 4 minutes to walk to.

There was never a problem walking around the area at any time of the day or night and there are lots of nice eateries adjacent to the Hotel. ONE WORD OF WARNING: DON'T eat at the Cafe Washington (on corner of v. Amedeo and via del Viminale) as we were ripped off there. We were charged 20 euro for 2 coffees and half a pizza (it should have come to 14 euro, including service). However, we were in a hurry and didn't have time to argue with them. PLEASE AVOID.

The English-speaking staff at the hotel were extremely helpful and always courteous. Our room on the 3rd floor was large, tastefully furnished, spotless and had a fantastic king-size bed, which was very comfortable indeed. It was also lovely and quiet. Each morning, a lovely breakfast is served in the dining room (between 6.30am-10.30am) and consists of bacon and eggs, toast, cereals and fruit, pastries, different sorts of coffees and teas, which you help yourself to. It certainly was worth getting up early for and, as usual, the staff were on hand to make sure you're happy and that all goes smoothly.

We have absolutely no hesitation in recommending the Hotel Diana to anybody and we shall definitely be staying there on our return to Rome. Bravo!

By the way, just a quick word to all you smokers out there (of whom I'm one): Italy now has a no-smoking policy in all bars, cafes and restaurants. You can only smoke in your hotel room (ashtrays are provided) or out on the street.

Friendly, helpful staff

by TripAdvisor Member FloridaJoemar

I found the Hotel Diana staff to be very friendly and helpful. My Mother's cane was a little too big for her so they took it and sawed off a few inches and it was then perfect for her. I watched a soccer match with some of the staff in the lobby late one night which is a nice memory. There are several sidewalk cafes in the neighborhood. The rooms are perfectly fine. You have to remember that most hotels in Europe have a lot of history and not brand, spanking new. That's just part of the experience and fun of traveling in great cities such as Rome. If I ever make it back to Rome, I would probably stay at the Diana.

Lovely stay

I had a lovely stay at the hotel diana. Our room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was excellent. The staff were not as friendly as I expected but this didnt make any difference to our stay. The hotel is near to the train and bus station which proved to be a great asset as it made travelling around Rome very easy. The only downside was that the hotel a few doors down is being renovated and from 6.00am we had skips being delivered and building going on in the service road at the back of the hotel for all 3 mornings of our stay. If you were to stay it might be worth checking this out in advance or booking a room away from the noise. I would recommend this hotel and I wouldnt hesistate to stay again if I were to return to Rome.

bad surpise

My wife andI stayed 3 nights at Diana Hotel .
For sure, this is is not a "4 stars" hotel . This deserves 2 stars.

Some rooms are just unacceptable, very very very small and so old.
Some rooms looked OK but you must be very lucky if you get one.
The breakfast is very bad with very few choice
So my advise : do not go there. I am sure that for the same amount, you can be in a better place.

Super Helpful and Friendly Staff

Our first hotel in Italy, they were very helpful and friendly. We were greated with a map and highlight of the closest sites. Great location we could walk to everything and the Metro/Trian station was near by. For all the great serivce it was relatively cheap. Out of all of the breakfast buffets this was the best in Italy.

Termini to Hotel Diana

by asitava

How far is Hotel Diana from termini ? Can I walk down or I need to take taxi / bus ?

Re: Termini to Hotel Diana

by Maurizioago

What is the address of that hotel?

Re: Termini to Hotel Diana

by Lacristina

Ciao,

If the address is Via Principe Amedeo,4, then it should take about 5 minutes to walk from the main exit of the station, atPiazza Cinquecento.

You can find the hotel on a map, along with the train staion (stazione) on www.Mapblast.com.

Hope this helps!

Cristina

Re: Re: Termini to Hotel Diana

by Reenu

I was curious how you picked hotel Diana? I saw that as a priceline special, but didn't know anything about the hotel. Is it in a nice area of town?

• jenkoks's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2013 at 9:51 AM

a very good location - right next to the main station especially if your taking the airport train / walking distance to the hop on hop off bus station and many other attractions near by. you have a bike rental also nearby.