Hotel Donna Camilla Savelli

VOI Donna Camilla Savelli Hotel
Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Rome

The inside of the shopThe inside of the shop

The LacoonThe Lacoon

Forum RomanoForum Romano

Sunset in CirceoSunset in Circeo

Baldo degli Ubaldi Metro Station ???

by GibJoe

I am thinking of staying at the Holiday Inn Rome-west Hotel, which is near this station but it does not appear on most metro maps, anyone know why? Is it under construction or something?

Thanks for your answers.

by Mikebond

This metro station does exist on line A and it is the second after Battistini station. I found it on wikipedia. Maybe you didn't see it in your maps because it's a bit far from the centre.

by goodfish

It shows it on the ATAC map:

It is on Metro line A - a very busy line during the week, I read.
I think they have some map versions that are somewhat abbreviated for tourists and don't include all stations that are a bit farther out as so many visitors don't leave the Central Storico.

by mccalpin

Which Holiday Inn are you talking about? I don't see a Holiday Inn property on their website that's close to this station...the closest one is the Crowne Plaza Hotel ROME-ST.PETER'S at VIA AURELIA ANTICA 415, which is about 1.5 kilometers (1 miles) from the station.

Oh, I see tripadvisor has it at "Via Aurelia Km 8,400"...on the Holiday Inn website, this is called "Holiday Inn-Roma Aurelia". This is about a 3 kilometer walk (almost 2 miles) to the Baldo degli Ubaldi station. In practice, you will probably be looking to take the 246 bus which runs along Via Aurelia up to one of several Metro stops (a tripadvisor contributor suggested Valle Aurelia, but the ATAC website shows it running to the Cornelia Metro stop instead...well, your hotel will know)...

Bill

Travel Tips for Rome

Maps Maps Maps...

by jessbee74

As fun as it is getting lost in Rome, it can also get frustrating especially if you are tired or hungry.

I would suggest getting a really good, specific, street map, there are so many tiny streets and you could be two blocks away from the Plaza Navona or Trevi fountain and not know where it is.

I would also suggest a pocket map with a street index. Not only does it look silly holding out a huge map in the middle of the street, but it is simply much more practical to have the pocket version if possible.

Here is a link to an online map that I like to use (you can search a site or street or drag and drop the actual map to the location you desire):

I found the people of Rome...

by yakiho3

I found the people of Rome courteous, but they are tired of tourists. Most were very helpful when asked, but wanted to get you on your way and out of their hair. Few wanted to stand still for lengthy chats.
Rome is a great place to buy anything made out of leather. Much seemed to be about half of what we would pay in the states, especially shoes.
I also learned that shorts on men are definitely out, along with message T-shirts and baseball caps.

Parfume and Cosmetics

by aquatic about Limoni Profumerie

Very nice little store stocked top to bottom with parfume, creams, cosmetics, jewelry of any kind and diffferent prices for any budget. I spent there an hour and bought everything I needed and something for each member of my family. A nice Italian girl wiht ruddian origins helped me to choose products and worked patiently with me for that whole hour. I love that store. Especially the location. It was right across the street from our hotel. Parfume, cosmetics, beauty products, bath products You will be able to find what you need according to your budget.

Parking problems

by tompt

Rome has good public transport and if you like to walk, like we do, you can reach all major sites by foot. It takes an hour to walk from the Coloseum to the Vatican. And that is one of the longest distances.

A car will not be a clever option, traffic is chaotic and parking almost impossible. And if you find a place where it is not allowed to park, they will surely give your car a wheel clamp. (see picture)
The majority of Roman streets is payed parking!

Napolitan food

by rita_simoes about Rosso Pomodoro

Rosso Pomodoro is a chain of napolitan food restaurants. There are 5 of these restaurants in Rome: we wanted to try the one at Largo Argentina, but there were people waiting outside and it was too cold, so we went to the one at Portuense. You can find the adresses at their website.

This restaurant was reccomended by the father of the boyfriend of my boyfriend's sister (uhh), who is napolitan, so I guess it is a good sign! For starters, we had a mix of fried... things. I can't explain exactly what it was, because I simply don't know what it was! But it was delicious. I remember one specially, made of pasta, that was so creamy and so... yummy! They come in pairs, so it's good for sharing.

Then we had pizza, of course. Mine was with potatoes and 'salsiccia', and with a special cheese. It was fantastic! I still didn't have the opportunity to go to Naples and try the real one, but I guess it can't get much better than this. It was really superb.

In their menu, they say they use rare and traditional ingredients, in the Slow Food concept, so you can expect very good quality at some very reasonable prices.

Comments