Via Alessandro Farnese 30, Prati, Rome, 00192, Italy
Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Hotel Farnese

Hotel Farnese is Perfect!

by TripAdvisor Member hankypanky505

Okay, here is the deal. My wife and I were on our 10th wedding anniversary and had never been to Rome. After spending many, many hours of searching and researching hotels in Rome, I decided to book at the Hotel Farnese. This place is absolutely incredible. First of all, the ENTIRE staff, maids, waitresses and waiters, front desk are very, very helpful and friendly. The hotel itself is actually very close to the Vatican, 15 minutes walk, as well as probably 10 minutes from Spanish Steps (which is also where the American Express office is located, for an added bonus), and within walking distance to many other sights in the City. The hotel is quiet for Rome standards. But Rome itself is loud, lots of people, tons of scooters, but it's a big city with lots of action. However, I should say that we stayed in one of the top rooms with a balcony and I left my door to the balcony open all night and slept like a baby! Also, I'm a VERY light sleeper, but having walked and walked all day, I was ready to hit the hay at night. I would consider this hotel a boutique hotel, not many rooms, but the rooms are large for European standards. It was quiet, breakfast was excellent with everything you could want, hot and cold items and great cappucino. Anyway, you cannot go wrong booking at this hotel. Andrea, Louis, Alessandra, and Marco all know the city very well and have EXCELLENT recommendations for restaurants. Andrea recommended three restaurants for us to eat at and each place was incredible and not very expensive at all. So you are going to get a five-star treatment at this hotel and not feel like you are at a 300-room 500 dollar a night resort. I definitely recommend it and will stay there again when I am in Rome. Oh, another tip would be to make sure you arrange a taxi service to the hotel before arriving, it will make for a much easier transition into the city of Rome. Have fun and enjoy!

The PERFECT hotel in Roma

Thank you Trip Advisor! Planning our first major trip since our honeymoon 12 years ago, I used this site to narrow down our accomodations during a weeklong visit to Italy. We selected the Hotel Farnese for its proximity to the Vatican, value, great reviews of its staff and elegance as represented by photos. We could not have been more pleased with our choice. The Hotel Farnese is absolutely the perfect blend of everything we were looking for in a hotel. The rooms are lovely with terrific wardrobes and luxurious linen sheets. The delicious breakfast buffet was a pleasant surprise as it far exceeded our "European Hotel" expectations. The staff lived up to their billing and were wonderfully helpful, warm, genuinely concerned with a pleasant experience for their guests. Staff assisted us with transportation arrangements to our NEXT hotel in Positano! (Also a trip advisor pick, Covo De Sarceni). Being in a residential area with abundant cafes and within walking distance of St. Peter's was a delight. We slept with our shutters open and enjoyed the sounds of Roma. Another unexpected delight was the wonderful tub and power shower -- fantastic! Thank you Hotel Farnese for a perfect experience in Rome. We have and will continue to recommend you to everyone! With sincere thanks and appreciation!

A Wonderful and Cozy Hotel

We spent 4 nights at the Farnese Hotel in Rome in May 2006 and absolutely loved the hotel (and Rome). After reading so many complaints from other travelers about the small size and sometimes rundown conditions of their accomodations in Rome, we were very pleased by the elegance, openness and warmth of the Hotel Farnese. The location is excellent, near to Vatican City and a reasonable walk from most of the major sites. The neighborhood is a very quiet and pretty street. The hotel is most inviting with a great staff, most especially the reception desk (thanks again, Alessandra) but also including the housekeepers and the kitchen. The room rates were typical for a 3-4 star hotel, but for that we had an elegant and spacious room, a large private balcony and a very nice bathroom. We had absolutely no complaints about anything and I recommend this hotel most highly. Without a doubt I would stay here again.

Alessandra & Andrea

We had a good hunch that Hotel Farnese would be just right for us, situated in Prati, close to the Vatican and Metro, quit, pleasant etc.
The hotel met our expectations in full, but exceptionally gratifying was the front desk personnel, Alessandra and Andrea. We felt at home immediately and throughout our stay. They both know how to make guests welcome, how to help them and treat them, and above all, their keen interest in our wellbeing was just about right. We allready miss their great morning smiles.

Brigt & Ingrid
Bergen, Norway

Feel like a local at Farnese!

For the two nights we stayed at Farnese, we felt like we were staying in a very upscale apartment. The room was very big and ours had a couch. The room faced a busy street but triple layers of glass window left the noise outside! The breakfast was delicious. It was the best we had in Italy. I would suggest contacting the hotel directly for the best possible rate and room availability.
You just can't beat this location. The hotel is literally steps from the Lepanto Metro(Line A)stop. The friendly espresso bar next to the stop is locals only. We were the only tourists in there! Many major buses run from a block away. The Vatican is just a few blocks away, if you want to get an early head start. Overall, I was very happy with the hotel. I would definitely stay there again.

Exceeded High Expectations

by TripAdvisor Member Canuck35

First off, thanks to all the previous posters for your reviews of the Farnese. We were not disappointed at all. From the car service at the airport arranged by the hotel, to the always warm reception at the front desk, to the excellent recommendations for dinner, all was top notch. I travel over 40,000 miles a year for work and the Farnese was easily one of the best hotel experiences in a long time (and this time I was paying out of my own pocket). They even sent a gift to the room as I was there for my birthday.

We had room 46 for 7 nights. The room is the only one on the top floor of the hotel and includes a private balcony with a view of St. Peter's. Breakfast included plenty of choices - even panettone on New Years (Andreas - I remembered!).

If you are looking for a clean hotel in a quiet area only steps away from the Metro and great restaurants then this place is for you. After spending a day in the middle of Rome it was great to walk half a block from the Metro to "our" quiet neighborhood.

I really can't think of anything negative to say....we would recommend the Farnese and will stay there next time we visit Rome.

Great hotel - excellent location

Enjoyed an excellent stay at this hotel 4 nights end of February. Staff very helpful and friendly, we were allowed to book in early, as our room was ready. Breakfast really good, everything fresh and plentiful. Staff couldn't do enough to help. They offered good tips on getting around, and never lost patience with giving directions! The location of this hotel is great for the Vatican, which is 10 minutes walk away, yet only about 15 minutes to the Spanish Steps. It was great to come away from the hustle, bustle and crowds of the historic centre to the peace of Prati. Good cafes and bars nearby, and the hotel staff recommended good places for an evening meal. The whole hotel was spotlessly clean, and our room was checked and tidied during the day, with towels replaced if they had been used. This hotel is a great base for sightseeing. The bar wasn't open while we were there, but the room had a reasonably stocked and priced minibar.

Old World Charm

Although there is a lot of graffiti in the neighborhood and the proximity to the Tiber River(about 30 steps away) made me a little concerned about safety when walking alone after dark, the hotel and my room were wonderful. Breakfast was excellent. Campo di Fiori is a short 5-10 minute walk. The Parthenon is about 10-15 minute walk. It took me 40 minutes to walk to the Colosseum/Forum/Arch of Constantine.

Wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member btnusa

This was our second stay at the Farnese. It is in a great location. One block from the Metro and short walking distance to St. Peters and Piazza del Popolo. Very helpful and courteous staff. A wonderful European hotel that impresses.

Wonderful hotel

We stayed here 3 nights when we first got to Italy, and were pleasantly surprised after reading reviews of all the hotels in Rome being small, poor service, etc. We decided to upgrade and pay just a little more to get this hotel, and it was worth every penny. The hotel is in an ideal location, the staff is very helpful and kind (spent over an hour on the phone trying to get us a taxi), and our rooms were spacious, clean, and nicely decorated. We would definitely stay here again!

Comments