Hotel Gea Di Vulcano

Hotel Gea di Vulcano
Priceline.com AMOMA.com Booking.com

• roamer61's Profile Photo

A nice place to stay

Located along the Via Nationale in the heart of Rome, this 3 star hotel is located inside an apartment building on the first floor. Rooms are neat and clean and comfortable. The reception are pleasant and speak english. There is a breakfast room (included with the room), where cereal and continental breakfasts are offered. It is buffet style. The hotel is convenient for the Termini Railroad station, a few short blocks away.

Unique Quality: The alcove when you enter is quite pretty, with plants and a fountain (See picture). For security, the front doors are locked after 6:30pm. To re-enter, you buzz a side door on via Napoli and you are let inside. You use an elevator to reach the hotel or take a single flight of stairs up.

More about Hotel Gea Di Vulcano

Gea di Vulcano - A little Gem

by TripAdvisor Member Hudson 1

Date: November 15th, 2006
Reviewer: Trip Advisor Member, Perth, Western Australia
This Hotel was chosen due to the helpful and positive reviews by your Trip Advisor members.
As three mature women travelling alone, safety and location were a priority. We found previous reviews to be accurate and extremely helpful.
Our stay at this hotel was for 2 nights on 23rd September 2006 prior to our tour of Italy and again for 1 night at the end of our stay on the 14th of October 2006. The Gea was suitably centrally located, 15 minutes walk from Termini Station, very secure, close to restaurants, pharmacy, shops, transport, Tabacchi stand (for phone cards), located across the road from the hotel at the top of Via Nazionale near the traffic lights, internet locations also in close proximity. Typical of some of the Roman hotels, it was within a condominium building, very clean, our rooms were quiet, good air conditioning, hotel staff were extremely helpful and courteous, breakfast is minimal but adequate, all in all, a basic, well priced hotel, it suited our needs, and we were very satisfied with the accommodation. Thank you Trip Adviser for your invaluable information.

Sent Misplaced Sweater Free of Charge

I spent one night at this hotel in Rome on the night of Good Friday. I had a single and it was excellent value. The hotel had a separate night entrance at 51 via Napoli, so returning late at night wasn't a problem.

In my sleepiness and haste in the morning (I had a 7:20 am flight out of FCO and arranged for a car pickup at 5:15 am), I misplaced my sweater in the hotel. The hotel sent it to a friend in London free of charge (postage was 4.15 euros) and refused to charge my credit card for this service.

I am very impressed and pleased that I landed at this hotel as it was very difficult to book a hotel in Rome around Easter.

Enjoyed my stay at Hotel Gea

I defnitely recommend this hotel. The hotel is located on the first floor. You can take the stairs or ring the door bell and one of the staff will come down and let you in with a lift. The hotel was Very clean. The staff is super sweet and helpful. Always willing to help anyway they can. I would get quick responses through email, which was handy for me since i do not live in europe. The room that my friend and I stayed was small but cozy. Nice new bathrooms which was very clean. I felt the hotel was secure. It closes the doors at seven but you ring in to come in the hotel. The local is wonderful! It is located near all the important touristic points. You do not need to take the bus. Everything is in walking distance, 20 mins tops. Just make sure you wear good shoes...no heels girls! Remember 2 words, cobble stones, need i say more. Wear comfortable shoes. If i were to return to Rome i would defn, stay here again. Every penny was worth it. Even the breakfast was good, which is included. Totally helps because rome is expensive, esp food.

Thanks to this website!

by TripAdvisor Member Alyce67

We were absolutely delighted with this little hotel in the very heart of Rome on the Via Nationale, a busy street with lots of shops and cafes (yikes - even a MacDonalds!) and full of wild drivers, busy taxis, scooters, and well-dressed Romans going about their daily affairs. The hotel is clean, unique and entirely Italian - no huge multinational chain this. The staff were just great - helped us plan our bus routes and even stored some luggage for us (after our cruise) while we travelled elsewhere before our return to the hotel. We loved the atmosphere of the hotel and the terrific cafe just outside the door - the Il Barocco - and although some on this board complained of having to ring the bell at night to enter the hotel, we thought it was delightful - it seemed so personal and private - as though we were actually coming home each night.
We would definitely stay at this hotel when we return to Rome - it really made our trip special (plus the included breakfast was more than generous - coffee, yoghurt, pastries, cereal, fruit, toast...)

We Really Liked the Gea

by TripAdvisor Member Cincinnatitravelguy

We (me + wife + 3 kids ages 14, 10, 6) spent two nights in Milan, two in Venice, two in Florence and three in Rome. Our favorite hotels were the Al Piave in Venice and this hotel. We had the family suite which was three separate sleeping areas and a hallway with a bathroom. We liked the location - about a 12 minute walk to the termini and about a 2 minute walk to the subway. We used the subway and buses frequently - we felt very safe. We were told that the area around the Termini was dangerous - we did not feel that way at all and this is actually not right next to the termini anyway.

The breakfast was very good - not excellent - but very good. Our room was faced the side street so it was quiet. Staff was friendly and rooms were clean. A/C worked great. Could get around town very easily.

Loved it.

Great Overall Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Jggirl

I chose this hotel based on the reviews on TripAdvisor and was very pleased with my choice. The location is ideal, the price is great, the service is great...I can't say more. And unlike most pictures found on hotel websites, the ones found on Gea's are not deceiving.

Good Value

by TripAdvisor Member resbelge

We stayed at the GEA for 3 nights and liked it. The room was quite big, although a bit noisy, as it was located near the reception desk, where we could hear the fax machine, and our window was directly above a restaurant. Overall, however, the hotel was a good value for Rome, and centrally situated, allowing us to walk everywhere. Moreover, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

We will stay there again, if we ever go back to Rome.

Best Hotel Staff Anywhere!

by TripAdvisor Member Chris9757

Location was great - very convenient (walking distance) to all the important things to see. Our room was nice and clean, and the breakfast was very nice. We can't say enough about the staff. Luka & Francesca were so wonderful. They were kind and helpful, and we couldn't have asked for better service from them. We would recommend this hotel to anyone, and we would definitely stay here again if we return to Rome. We don't have anything negative to say about our stay here.

Very good hotel

by TripAdvisor Member May1950

My wife and I spent two nights at the end of September 2006. Our room was large & clean, and the bathroom was spotless. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was more than adequate. The hotel is located close to the Termini train station (about a 10/15 minute walk or about a 5 Euro taxi ride) and a number of historical sites of interest. Although the hotel is located on a busy street, we found our room to be quiet. There are lots of shops and restaurants close by. Overall, the Gea is a very good hotel. We would definitely stay there again.

TRAINS

by a_angel717

pls advise on a train from central Rome (hotel Gea Di Vulcano)
to the pier in Civitavecchia.
Thank you it is very much appreciated.

RE: TRAINS

by scanos

Hi
Try trenitalia.it

RE: TRAINS

by mccalpin

As you know, your hotel is a short walk to Rome's main train station, Stazione Termini. Then as scanos has already pointed out, you can use www.trenitalia.it to look for schedules up to Civitavecchia. You'll find that there are one or two trains an hour, and the cost is 4.10 euro each one way, if I recall correctly...

Of course, in Civitavecchia, you will get off at the train station, and you will have another 10-15 walk to the pier, depending on which pier.

There have been many threads on this subject, so for more information (if you need it), search the Rome Forum for "Civitavecchia" or look at the Civitavecchia Forum...

Bill