Hotel Hassler

Tags

Luxury Travel
See Amenities
avh116's Profile Photo

Hassled at the Hotel Hassler!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 27, 2009

I did my research on tripadvisor and saw some negative reviews of the Hassler but they were all OLD reviews I thought It surely was different as I saw nothing but GREAT reviews since.

My wife and I were doing a cross country tour of Italy and Rome was our last stop, great hotels everywhere except for Rome who woulda thought of it at $1000.00 a night? We got there at 12pm and room not ready ok I UNDERSTAND we were early but the reception said it would be a couple of minutes, 2 hours later it is still a couple of minutes, 30 minutes later it is still a couple of minutes we were ready to leave I mean this is crazy we couldve gone sight seeing or sat on the spanish steps if we knew it woudlve been a 3 hour plus wait Oh and I did tip the receptionist since he told me INSIDE tips about Rome, I was tired I wanted to go the room to shower and go see Rome not hotel lobby, but that didnt get things either.

Finally into our SUITE, we did get high floor with a City View, but its the most over rated room in my life as it looked like a tacky hotel with dirt on the walls in the restroom and paint chipping off in the restroom as well. Service was terrible I mean yes its nice that they smile at you and tell you that your room is not ready but after waiting for hours do they expect you to still tip for having the bags taken up to your room or for them showing you your room at that time I was ready for privacy and yes I did tip the guy who brought bags I know its not his fault.

The restroom was totally inadequate and I dont understand how they can call our room a suite with a bathroom suitable for a motel 6,( no disrepect motel 6) but I am in a luxury hotel expecting luxury, no Residenzia del Moro here as the price of the room shouldve been $200.00 tops yes it did have a view of the spanish steps but we had to hang our heads out the window, maybe if your a celebrity you get better views.

If you want to overpay for poor service small suite rooms with small dirty restrooms this hotel is for you, I will NEVER again be back to this Horrible Hotel Hassler!

Unique Quality: On top of the Spanish Steps everything else is downhill from there literary and figurativley...

Directions: Spanish Steps

TRimer's Profile Photo

Premier Spanish Steps Accommodations

by written on August 25, 2002

Unique Quality: Hotel Hassler is Rome's most distinguished Hotel which has been owned by the Swiss Wirth family for over a century. Hotel Hassler is affiliated with The Leading Hotels of the World. Each room is unique and elegantly furnished with antiques, while equipped with all the modern amenities in the traditional Hassler style. Occupying one of the highest and broadest locations in the center of the city, the Hotel overlooks the Spanish Steps and many magnificent Roman 'Palazzos' and Churches.

Directions: Unbelievable location atop the Spanish Steps

• Business Services
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Rome Travel Forum

Need advice about Rome, Italy? Visit the Travel Forum for Rome and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Rome hotel reviews