Hotel I Triangoli

Booking.com Venere.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 46% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Rome

Spiral staircase of Terme di DioclezianoSpiral staircase of Terme di Diocleziano

Tombstone by DonatelloTombstone by Donatello

FacadeFacade

Arch of Septimius Severus, Roman Forum, May 2007Arch of Septimius Severus, Roman Forum, May 2007

Hotels near Ciampino

Ciao VT.

Im looking for a decent and decently priced hotel or bed and breakfast for two adults and 3 children in and around the ciampino ariport. I would also need a shuttle from the airport to hotel and from hotel to airport.

Thank you in advance!

by leics

I haven't stayed in Ciampino but I have used www.venere.com many times, for Rome and elsewhere (Italy and Europe). I've never been disappointed, and have found it to be a reliable site with honest guest reviews.

www.booking.com is also reliable with honest reviews.

Ciao leics

I've just been on venere and have used it before. MY sisters travel agent has found them Hotel Palacavicchi near the airport however they have been told they will need to book two rooms.

by leics

Think that might be a problem with 5, yes.

No chance of them staying in Rome itself? Would be more options there......

by JennysTravels

Ok, I've just been given more information, they will be flying out of Fuimincino airport and they would prefer to be closer to the airport for the next morning, their main concern is ease with 3 young kids in a large city and keeping cost low. Preberably where they can have an activity on the layover where they can walk to and not reply on transportation. BUt a shuttle bus to and fro both airports is essential.

Thanks!

Travel Tips for Rome

Via della Conciliazione

by Polly74

Via della Conciliazione is the main street leading to St Peter's Church from Adrian's Mausoleum or Castel Sant'Angelo.
The project to create this monumental street began in 1936 and ended only in 1950 (it was finally inaugurated during the celebration of the Holy Year).
The goal was to make a street that was perfectly straight, and in order to achieve this, some old Borghi buildings had to be demolished.
But in the end, despite their best efforts, Via della Conciliazione is still crooked and so rows of columns were placed on both sides to try to hide this fact.

If you are Italian, DO NOT...

by bpaskin

If you are Italian, DO NOT READ THIS. Italians are usually very friendly people and are usually smiling the day away. However, one of the favorite sports for Italian men is to pick up women, and they go about it very bluntly. They will come up a women and rub their arms, pinch their rear end, or grab other areas. Most of the time they will start a friendly conversation, but they may not leave the woman alone. My friends that have arrived here have told me stories about being confronted several times during the day. Just say 'No!' or 'Vai'. I will not put bad words here.

Via Condotti

by croisbeauty about Designed clothhs, man and woman

Via Condotti is real shopping paradise to those who like and can afford themselvess extremelly expensive and top quality ready made garments. In this, relativelly short street, one can find every single leading trade-mark in clothing business, both Italian and international. On my pictures you can see "Brioni", world best trade-mark of man suites, "Valentino" and "Ferragamo".

Walking

by fairy_dust

Walking is one of the best ways to explore Rome. That way, you can see the city itself instead of just the inside of a subway/bus car and what's surrounding the tourist attractions. On my first night, I walked from Piazza di Spagna, to the Trevi Fountain, to the Piazza del Popolo, to the river, down the river, and across a bridge to St. Peter's Square, and though my feet took quite a beating, I loved every minute of it! If you have the time and/or are visiting Rome without a set schedule, I highly recommend taking the time to stroll around the city to explore on your own.

Be sure to wear comfortable shoes. I managed in strappy high-heel sandals but I'm a dancer - we have tough feet. There are a lot of cobblestone streets in Rome and you don't want to end up with a sprained ankle. One thing that did annoy me at times is when I'd be walking on a cobblestone street, and the skinny heel on my sandal would sink into the space between the stones and get stuck. That meant I had to yank my foot out and it could be dangerous whenever I happened to be in the middle of the street.

Also, watch out for the traffic - drivers (both car and motorbike) are crazy. I nearly got run over by a motorbike that jumped the curb onto the sidewalk.

Pizza a Taglio (sliced/cut Pizza) Very Roman!!

by abarbieri about FiorFiore

This old bakery place, was turned into one of the busiest place in the Spanish Steps area, especially at lunch time, where you can get one of the best Pizza a Taglio in town.Other then the very simple options(tomato souce only, tomato & mozzarella) you also have several toppings available.
The place is not huge, but there are few tables inside and outside.
Salads and drinks also served.
The staff is very fast and overall professional. My favorite Pizza are:
Broccoletti e salsicce
Funghi e mozzarella

but they are all very good and served as soon as they get out of the oven.If you like it "HOT" there is some chilly peppers self service.

In summer time they also have good home made ice cream.

Comments