Hotel Isa

chrissybo's Profile Photo

mixed feelings

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 3, 2007

I have mixed feelings about my stay, which took place in October 2006. The hotel was well located within a reasonable walking distance to Saint Peters and the different staff we encountered (front desk, maids, waiters on the terrace) during our three day stay were all nice. The balconies were charming (we had two, as we were at the end of the hall in a corner room) and the bathroom was modern and attractive. We were traveling with our youngest child who had just turned 3 yrs old, so not exactly on a romantic getaway, but I was disappointed to see three twin beds! My three yr old and I ended up in the same twin bed to give her a sense of security in a strange place and that made for an awfully crowded arrangement. Unfortunately, the beds were all hard as a rock (like sleeping on a carpeted floor). I didn't sleep, needless to say. The walls seemed to be thin--we would hear our neighbors using the bathroom at night. I was also not pleased that the TV did not have cable and therefore no English speaking channels. The TV itself was a good quality, however. The striped paint on the walls and the decor definitely dated to the 1970s (see photos) and it was a little creepy to wonder if the matching bedspreads had been there since the 70s, as well, since they matched so well.

Breakfast is included in the stay and I must admit that the breakfast on the terrace was wonderful! The terrace view was quite beautiful, the food was good, the table settings and the buffet were attractive.

Directions: reasonable walk to St. Peter's.

chrissybo's Profile Photo

mixed feelings

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 8, 2007

I have mixed feelings about my stay, which took place in October 2006. The hotel was well located within a reasonable walking distance to Saint Peters and the different staff we encountered (front desk, maids, waiters on the terrace) during our three day stay were all nice. The balconies were charming (we had two, as we were at the end of the hall in a corner room) and the bathroom was modern and attractive. Unfortunately, the beds were all hard as a rock (like sleeping on a carpeted floor) and I had great difficulty sleeping. We were traveling with our youngest child who had just turned 3 yrs old, so not exactly on a romantic getaway, but I was disappointed to see three twin beds! My three yr old and I ended up in the same twin bed to give her a sense of security in a strange place and that made for an awfully crowded arrangement. The walls seemed to be thin--we would hear our neighbors using the bathroom at night. I was also not pleased that the TV did not have cable and therefore no English speaking channels. The striped paint on the walls and the decor definitely dated to the 1970s (see photos).

Breakfast is included in the stay and I must admit that the breakfast on the terrace was wonderful, however! The terrace view was quite beautiful, the food was good, the table settings and the buffet were attractive.

bugalugs's Profile Photo

Centrally located

by written on March 16, 2003

We stayed in the Hotel Isa. It is a good base for getting around Rome, within easy walking distance of St. Peters Basilica (about 10 minutes walk), and about 2-3 minutes walk from Castel San Angelo.

I cannot remember exactly how much it was, it was booked as a package with the flight.

Directions: Minutes walk from Castel San Angelo

• Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Rome Travel Forum

Need advice about Rome, Italy? Visit the Travel Forum for Rome and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Rome hotel reviews