Via Venezia, 18, Rome, 00184, Italy

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

• FinElina's Profile Photo

Cute little hotel Italia

Hotel Italia is situated on Via Venezia, a side street of Via Nazionale which is a big and popular shopping street. The hotel is near the Termini train station and within a walking distance from the heart of Rome.

The rooms are clean, have a little fridge (minibar), hair dryer, safety box, bath or shower and television. Cleaning every day. Mediterranean style breakfast is delicious. Staff speaks very good English and gives recommendations for restaurants if you ask.

Rooms that have windows to Via Venezia can be a bit noisy in the evenings and nights (noise coming from the cars driving by), but we managed to sleep well despite of the noise.

• unpleasant experience

I stayed there for 1 night and it was a very unpleasant experience. Very small and uncomfortable room. There was no window, only some kind of way out to an patio full of garbage.On 6:30 in the morning some employees that walked in the patio waked me up.
    The location is acceptable, but definitely could be much better. It is not really close to main places of interest.
    Bottom line - better to pay 20-30 euro more and receive normal conditions.

• deebum25's Profile Photo

Loved this hotel

This hotel was really neat. Actually I thought it was more of a pensione as there were people living there as well. There were two parts to the hotel and you had to ring the bell for reception, get buzzed in, walk up three flights of stairs and then your actual room was across the street! It did cost money to use the antique elevator so we walked up and down stairs. We stayed on the third floor so it wasn't too bad and with the way we ate it wasn't a bad thing. The room was smallish and I couldn't get a good shot of it but it did have a balcony so you could leave the doors to that open and get a breeze. We enjoyed the hotel the bed was comfortable, the shower facilities were modern and the staff spoke English and could provide maps and dinner recommendations.

Directions: 10 minute walk away from the train station

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo

Peace and quiet in the middle of everything....

Hotel Italia is a quaint little place located in a quiet little street right in the heart of everything you will want to be doing in Rome. Lots of good transport close by and plenty of restaurants and food markets as well. It's a little hard to find as it is upstairs in a really old building but if you know this (and I did), then you won't have any trouble getting in. Just ring the bell and you're in. Very clean rooms all ensuite with air con as an optional extra. Breakfast is very good for Rome and is included in the price. Each room has a safe for your valuables. There is even a selection of books and magazines available at reception should you have time to do some reading. Tariff for a single in June 2007 was EUR90 and well worth it for Rome.

Unique Quality: The staff are truly outstanding. All speak excellent English and are extremely friendly, helpful and efficient. I was robbed on the Metro in Rome and if it weren't for the efficiency of the staff at Hotel Italia I would still be wandering around Rome wondering what to do. They dialled all the numbers I needed for me (no charge) and in a matter of minutes I knew exactly where to go and what to do as regards replacing passports, cancelling credit cards and the like. I have been to Rome a number of times and will be returning again in the future. I will certainly be looking for a booking at the Hotel Italia when I return.

Directions: 10-15 min walk from Termini. 5 mins from Republicca. Just off Via Nazionale.

• stressball's Profile Photo

This is a 2** star hotel?!?!...

The Hotel Italia is a very nice hotel, once you find it. It's located near (about 15 minutes by foot) from the Termini train station. (We took public transportation from Ciampino airport, so I may have been a little fed up with navigating.) Just make sure you have a map with you. The hotel is very clean and the staff is very freindly and helpful. They suggested a few really good authentic Italian restaurants in the area that weren't touristy and were very helpful with directions. The rooms are rather large and very comfortable and quiet. It's also about 100 meters from a bus stop that takes you to most of the attractions. On a nice day the you also will be able to walk to many of them without a problem.

Unique Quality: This is certainly one of the best 2 star hotels I've ever stayed in. Definitally will stay here again...now that I know where it is.

Directions: Colosseo area near Termini station

• paulapes's Profile Photo

Great value!

I returned in 2001 with my friend Sara. This time we stayed at the Hotel Italia, which was great. Clean, bright, and friendly staff. The breakfast was terrific..cereals, pastries, granola, yoghurt, juices, choice of tea or caffe. Great price, L90.000 (about 45USD) for a double room.

Unique Quality: Clean, bright, and friendly. Great breakfast! All this for an excellent price in Roma!!

Directions: Not too far from the train station, it is close to the Colosseum, Forum, and the Palazzo di Quirinale. Click on the map..I have circled Via Venezia.

• paulapes's Profile Photo

Room with a View

See my "Great Value" tip above for all of the information. Here is a photo taken from our hotel room looking down at Via Venezia.

Unique Quality: Abundant breakfast included in the room rate and nice staff.

More about Hotel Italia

Recently Refurbished and Affordable in Cortona

by deecat about Hotel Italia

While staying in Cortona for two nights, we stayed in a lovely family-owned and run hotel called Hotel Italia.
There is no parking/driving in Cortona, so to speak; thus, we had to park in one of the public parking lots outside the town walls, and then we walked up,up,up the hill to the town center. Hotel Italia is located in the center of the ancient city. It was a palace from the 1600's and offers a quiet, tranquil place to stay. There are 27 rooms, all with en-suite bathrooms. The building has an elevator, a lovely breakfast room, a restaurant, and a small entry room. Our room was great. It had tile floors, beamed ceiling, beautiful antique furniture, and a brand new modern bathroom. Our room was located on the 3rd floor, and the windows looked out over the inclined lane and other beautiful Cortona buildings. On the floor above us, there was a large roof terrace room from which you can admire the fertile plains and a distant view of Trasimeno Lake.

great find!

We stayed at the Hotel Italia because it was highly rated by Tripadvisor. We were not disappointed. The room was spacious and comfortable and the staff very friendly. The location was also very good - quiet and close to the train terminal. There was also a ice machine available on our floor. A rare amenity in a European hotel. The only negative was the air conditioning. While it was operational it did not cool the room down very well. However, the ceiling fan in our room helped mitigate the problem. The AC costs 8 euros extra and is well worth it in the summer.

Hotel ItaliaHotel Italia

by ALH717

Does anyone has an opinion of Hotel Italia and the location?

RE: Hotel Italia

by mccalpin

No opinion on the hotel. The location is well within the "Imperial City", and walking to Termini, the Spanish, Steps, Santa Maria Maggiore, the Baths of Diocletian, etc. will be easy. The Metro stop at Piazza della Repubblica is only 400 meters away although you may prefer going to Termini because both lines go there. The area of the Roman Forum et al is about a kilometer walk, because there's not exactly a straight line from here to there (this is Rome, where straight lines are not the norm).

You are a half a block off of Via Nazionale, a very busy street, but whose traffic, as I recall, tended to move slowly because of congestion ;-). On the plus side, there will be many buses along it. However, Rome is good for walking, and there is plenty of Rome to walk to from here.

Bill

RE: RE: Hotel Italia

by ALH717

Thank for your information, You are the "Lord of the Info". I have been reading your wrtings and it's very informative and helpfull...I can't wait for your guide books...you are better than those other writers.

Many thanks, Arnold.