Via San Martino 20, Monterotondo, Lazio, 00015, Italy
Booking.com Venere.com Hostelworld.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 59% less but rated 32% lower than other 2 star hotels

More about Rome

Pastarit0 opposite San Giovanni in LateranoPastarit0 opposite San Giovanni in Laterano

Fontana di TreviFontana di Trevi

Mila Schoen designMila Schoen design

The entranceThe entrance

Rome to Sorrento

by itstimetotravel

we will be in Rome travelling to sorrento can someone tell me
1- is it cheaper to fly to naples bus to sorrento
2- train from ROME TO SORRENTO how long it takes to reach SORRENTO
3- COST OF AIRFARE FROM ROME TO NAPLES COST OF TRAIN TO SORRENTO
4- WHICH TRAIN DO WE CATCH
5- HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO FLY FROM ROME TO ATHENS

by leics

1. No. It isn't quicker either, once you have included travel to and from the airports and time for check-in/security and baggage reclaim.

2 and 3. Take the train from Rome to Napoli Centrale station. You can find train times, details and fares in English here:

Journey time is from just over one hour.

You do not need to buy tickets online in advance. Buy them from the station on the day you travel, or the day before if you prefer. Ticket machines are easy to use and have English language options.

When you have arrived at Napoli Centrale follow the signs to Napoli Garibaldi station next door. It is well-signed. Buy another ticket (less than 5 euro) for the cheap, frequent Circumvesuviana train to Sorrento. Journey time is around an hour. Timetables here;

4. That depends on which flight you take with which airline. Look at www.skyscanner.net It will give you carriers and (usually) cheapest fares for your route and dates. Book on the airline's own website.

by itstimetotravel

Thank you very much you have just made life easy for me with great answers
regards

by leics

You are more than welcome. It's an easy journey to make.

by leics

You won't find trains from Naples to Sorrento on the Trenitalia website, by the way; it is a different company. Look at the Circumvesuviana link I gave....but trains are very frequent anyway.

Travel Tips for Rome

Go to the Colosseum early

by joiwatani

We went to the Colosseum early in the morning, so we enjoyed our visit to the place better. There are no tourists around the first two hours when we were there. Before the gates were opened, we had time to check the grounds of the Colosseum- just walking around the structure. We went to the Forum also and we enjoyed seeing all the things that were sketched on the walls. We had plenty of time to check the whole place.

We didn't have to struggle with other tourists. Therefore, we were able to take great pictures of our whole group in front of the Colosseum. We took excellent pictures.

The best time to go there is actually at seven o'clock in the morning. The gates open two hours later. We were also first in line to buy the entrance tickets and first in line to get in the Colosseum. I love taking the pictures of the Colosseum outside and inside. It was an exciting day for me to visit this place.

I thought I lost my camera when I was entering the gates but I actually put it in my backpack. It freaked me out because I had already put in about a thousand pictures in it.

The Joke that HURT!

by josephljtwrk

The Italians were and were not crucial. They were warm, bright, and thoughtful, even enlightening. But it wasn't a personal attack. They really didn't understand us. They were traveled and sensitive towards big discerning families. They drew deeper meanings of Americans evil, the almighty dollar and had a ugly thought. And our currency there was worth less than theirs. Then Americans dissed them. SMART? smart!

For a quiet relaxing break

by Packerman

For a quiet relaxing break within the city I would suggest stopping at the parks opposite the Palace Quirinale. The one pictured here is between Ferrara & Della Consulta streets. Very close to the piazza del Quirinale where there is a monument and a nice view of the city, not too far is the Trevi fountain.

Train travel in Italy

by sue_stone

I have now been to Italy several times and each time have travelled around this fabulous country by train.

Once you get the hang of it, train travel in Italy is easy. It is also a great way to see the beautiful countryside on the way to your next destination.

I have travelled a couple of times using a rail pass, but the last couple of visits have just purchased tickets for each individual trip as we went.

That said, we often have purchased tickets a day or two in advance - particularly if the particular train requires a seat reservation, or if it is a busy time of year.

Purchasing a little in advance also means that you don't miss the train you want to catch due to a huuuuuge queue for tickets...

Last trip we used the automatic ticket machines at the stations and found them excellent.

Also, I have travelled both first and second class, and didn't really find much difference - travel second class and you can use the extra money to buy more wine/food etc

Just remember with all tickets that you need to validate them in the small yellow ticket machines before you board your train.

La Locanda del Tempio

by syllybabe about La Locanda del Tempio

Found it on a street along the way to The Pantheon and Piazza Navona. The food was typical but the waiters were friendly and like most places in Rome, you get to sit outside. Roast Chicken with potatoes, fresh green salad with seafood

Comments