Via della Purificazione 42, Rome, Lazio, 00187, Italy

Booking.com Hotels.com Tingo.com

• unpleasant hotel

Just came back from staying at Hotel Modigliani and the room which were assigned to us was noisy, dreary and bleak. There are much better hotels in Rome around the Spanish Steps. Asked to upgrade our room and was turned down, so we were "locked in" to this miserable room. Suitcases had to be place on the hard floor, no chest or table, bed linens torn. It wasn't as shown on their website, not at all. They do not cater to mature couples, singles or young people only. Best to look for a better and nicer hotel

Unique Quality: Their breakfast was very adequate, cereals, sweetrolls, etc. That's about all I can say about the hotel.

Directions: Near Spanish Steps in Rome

• jag17's Profile Photo

Modern Hotel

A very cute, clean, modern 24 room hotel. Located near Piazza Barberini, it is an easy walk to the Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps. Breakfast can be enjoyed in the breakfast room, or in the small hotel courtyard. Our only complaint was that the walls were on the thin side. We could hear conversations from the neighboring rooms, as well as the elevator. It was not so bad that it ruined our stay, but we were definitely aware of it.

Directions: Near Piazza Barberini

More about Hotel Modigliani

The vastness & open spaces & grandiose monuments

by anjanag

We thoroughly enjoyed the discovery of Marinara pizza, which is pizza without cheese - so crusty & light = yummy - add the Gelatos in every nook & cranny & it's good fun! We had several family dinners at a resto (Paloma I think?)down the road from our Hotel Modigliani, near the Spanish Steps, which was run by 2 brothers who seemed to be constantly quarrelling with each other when serving - they were so amusing - it was hard to tell if they were really at odds with each other or were putting on a show for customers as they were extremely polite with customers always! The food was all excellent!

really nice hotel

Hotel Modigliani is kind of a boutique European hotel- small elevators an drooms but very adequate. The staff is very helpful, the rooms are pretty small with very small bathrooms, if you are a big person you would not be able to shower here, very clean, nice breakfast. We had a balcony overlooking the couryard which was nice. The location is great right off the Piazza Barberini, central with a Metro stop, internet cafes, money changing and VAT office, lots of good restaurants. A pretty good deal for Rome and a good place to stay if you aren't really going to be in your room all day, otherwise alittle small.

Fantastic

We just returned from 4 wonderful nights at Hotel Modigliani. The hotel is in a perfect location (we walked or took the metro everywhere). Our room (202) had a balcony that overlooked the courtyard. The room was very clean and the staff was nice. Breakfast was delicious. We will definitely return.

Lovely hotel!!!

We stayed in mid-september 2004 at Hotel Modigliani. We were in a small room (room 402), but it was really lovely. We had two twin beds and a balcony. Our balcony (and I strongly recommend this) overlooked the courtyard, NOT the street. When we looked straight down, we saw the patio where they serve breakfast. There was a lovely church off to the right, and a little cat who sunbathed on the patio below to our left. Flower box on our balcony railing, staff who was FABULOUS and helped with anything and everything, lovely breakfast and superb coffee in the morning, and CLEAN, CLEAN rooms every day. Our bathroom sparkled every day, and with two women putting on makeup and spraying god-knows-what all over the place, they did a GREAT job! In-room safe worked great, minibar in room (not overpriced, either), and chocolates on the pillow. STAY THERE...it's an intimate, authentic, comfortable taste of Rome. Much more so than staying in a large chain hotel.

A nice little hotel in a good location, but

I have just returned from Rome and stayed at Hotel Modigliani. It is very clean and in a walking distance to all major attractions. The staff is charming, polite and helpful. However, choose this hotel only if you are a night owl!! You hear every single sound and noise in the building! Everytime the elevator is called, you get to jump to the noise through nights and early mornings. You hear every single word of people talking in other rooms, flushing toilettes, walking, coming and going and so on. I wore my ear plugs on, still had no sleep for 4 nights! Also, the shower cubicle (there is no bath tub) was the smallest I have ever seen. I am a slim and petit person, but had to open the cubicle's doors, so I could lift my arm and wash my hair and back as it is not possible to make any movement in the cubicle. You have to just stand still - there is no room. The bedroom has a marble flooring. It looks very nice, but I don't think that it's a good choice for a hotel room. It's cold and only adds to the noise.

The best hotel in Rome

by TripAdvisor Member ME

What I found to be outstanding about the Hotel Modigliani and what makes it above average is the staff and the service they offer. The desk staff was very attentive to my needs. They didn't miss a beat i.e. making reservations for me, wake-up calls, Francesco even called the airport the night before my flight home to make sure it would be on schedule (Alitalia was planning to strike and I didn't know it). I found the hotel itself to be very European and, traveling alone, I found it to be very safe and comfortable. The location was not only charming but great for sightseeing. I walked to many of the tourist sites in Rome and there are plenty of restaurants, bars, cafes within walking distance of the hotel. If you don't care to walk, you are also in a location where you can take mass transit or, the desk staff will be more than happy to call a cab for you. When and if I return to Rome, I will check availability at the Modigliani first. If you read this, Stefano, Francesco, the rest of the staff and the owners, thank you so much for making me feel special during my stay. ME

Warning

A warning to all who have read the glowing reviews:
After two weeks traveling Italy this was our last stop and after reading the glowing accounts of this hotel from this website, we expected a nice stay; it was anything but. The hotel, tucked up a gloomy alley, has a small, simple lobby; it is the rooms that are the main problem. The rooms are 11 feet by 11 feet- meaning about 2 feet on each side of the bed. They do have a balcony, but alas, you can't store your luggage on it or sleep on it. The bathroom is also of Lillipution proportions, a miniscule shower and a dollhouse sink. The management showed us a room on the front of the hotel, maybe a foot or two larger but dark and musty.
There was no way two people with luggage could comfortably stay there, we explained to the management our issues, but they explained we still had to pay for one night and an extra night penalty. The room was so small, we had no choice but to obliged. What irked us was that we found a room one block away in a three star hotel with twice as much room that cost 50 Euro less a night!
There are much better places to stay for much better rates in the same neighborhood. We are not big people, so if your claustrophobic or want a place to sit besides your bed look elsewhere.

Really charming hotel

by TripAdvisor Member JennyInnervision

We really enojoyed our stay at this hotel. Our room was comfortable and plenty large enough for 2 people and luggage. We also thought the bathroom was fine. The street is charming and quiet right in the centre of Rome. Internet and metro really close by. We stayed in November and i read one really bad review the day before we left so just to say the hotel and location is great, and staff charming. Its not a big american style chain hotel (which is fine by me) and the prices are very reasonable for Rome.

Mozart or Modigliani or SSBB

by ChuckHas

Well my 'points' (free) hotel fell through. Need to decide on a place to stay for Valentine's Day weekend. Down to 1) "At the Spanish Steps" Bed and Breakfast, 2) Hotel Mozart Roma, and 3) Hotel Modigliani.

Any suggestions?

Re: Mozart or Modigliani or SSBB

by francesi

Hotel Mozart was wonderful. A little less expensive would be Sistina Hotel or Hotel Due Torre, small but charming..

Comments