Hotel Ottocento

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

More about Hotel Ottocento

A little gem

by TripAdvisor Member Min1

After spending countless hours reading through the hotel reviews for Rome I decided to opt for the Ottocento.....and I was certainly not disappointed.
This is a small hotel situated in a quiet side street within a few minutes walk of the Spanish Steps. I had previously learnt that the rooms were on the small side so opted for a junior suite. This room although still relatively small for a 'suite' was beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean and had a huge king size bed. The bathroom was a good size and housed a hydro massage bath [ a real welcome after a days sight seeing!] The room led out onto a small inner private terrace which was an added bonus. The reception staff at the Ottocento were amazing, nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was adequate and well presented. Due to the hotel being fully booked over the Bank Holiday weekend we had to change hotels during our stay in Rome. We moved to another hotel near the Plazza Del Repubblica and although the hotel was very pleasant the area was not! For this reason alone I would always stay in Rome's central zone and would not hesitate to recommend the Ottocento as a good choice.

Great Hotel in a fabulous city

by TripAdvisor Member ajk1

Spent 3 nights at the Hotel Ottocento. It was a really super hotel, ideally located. A five minute stroll from the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain, many great restaurants within easy walking distance, hotels own restaurant is great too, but do book it was very busy the one evening we ate there. The hotel is very nicely furnished, and the marble bathrooms are beautiful. Bedroom was on the small side but again furnished beautifully, but who needs a huge bedroom you spend little time in there with so many sights to see in this beautiful city. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful, especially Magdelaine, her restaurant recommendations couldn't be faulted, she even arranged a birthday cake for the Sunday evening for a member of our party. I would recommend the hotel and would have no hesitation in returning there.

Hidden Gem

by TripAdvisor Member Jill_2k6

We have just returned from a three night stay in Rome at the Ottocento Hotel. The hotel is in a perfect location for all the sights being especially close to the Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps. We walked to the Colesseum and The Vatican from the hotel. The hotel itself was perfect, the room was beautiful, very clean and the bathroom was well equipped with a Hydro bath. The guy on the reception desk was great, always ready with a joke, he is a real character. They were very helpful on the desk sorting out a change in our flight details and booking a car for us (a mercedes). The girls serving tea and coffee at breakfast could have been a little more friendly and smiled but you can't have it all! I would recommend the taxi that the hotel offers you from the airport, it was 50 euros, he was waiting for us at the airport and we were whisked away to the hotel, not queing for buses. We ate out each night and found a lovely selection of restaurants opposite the Pantheon and The Piazza Navona. The Colesseum is well worth a visit after avoiding all the "do you want a free tour" people, the cost for entry into the Colesseum was 10 euros. The Sistine Chapel is wonderful costing 12 euros each. The Sistine chapel is right round the back of St. Peters so do not que at the front to go through security checks to get in St. Peters as you just come straight back out into the streets behind the Vatican. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it highly.

Superb

by TripAdvisor Member Max100

Stayed three nights in the Ottocento, based on reviews I had read here. I wasn't disappointed!

The hotel is in a great location - near all the main sights. Spanish steps is a few minutes away, and so is the Trevi fountain. The hotel is situated just off the Piazza Barberini which is itself a lovely square which leads onto the Via Veneto.

The hotel seems to be in a renovated building, and the decor all looks very new. The style is elegant and tasteful. The bedroom was not very big in size, but the bed was big and comfortable, and the bathroom was great - granite surround in the sink area, great jacuzzi bath, and very powerful overhead shower (and another shower at hand level in the bath!). Lovely towels, and air conditioning in the room was also useful.

Breakfast was very generous - cereal, juices, fruit, hams, cheeses, croissants, toast, bread, scrambled egg and of course a generous pot of beautiful italian coffee served promptly. The evening restaurant is also fine - it's probably not the most atmospheric of places, but we wanted a decent meal before heading out on the town and we got an excellent fish soup and beautiful sea bass with slivers of roasted potatos - simplicity itself but very well executed and at good prices. And a good bottle of wine at €15, recommended by the waiter, turned out to be very nice indeed.

The staff were extremely helpful, friendly and enthusiastic. Judging by the comments in the guests book at the hotel, I wasn't the only person to like the staff! I was a little apprehensive arriving, as we are a gay male couple, and the hotel email stated they were looking forward to seeing myself and my wife! Not being sure of italian sensibilities towards these things, I wasn't sure what to expect as we presented our double room reservation. But, any doubts were quickly dispelled as the welcome was as nice as any I can remember.

I also used their taxi service from the airport (€50 fixed price). Probably a bit over the odds, but you hear of some horror stories on taxi prices from the airport. We were met at the airport by a guy holding a card with our name, and whisked outside to a roomy black mercedes and straight to the door of the hotel. Nicely professional and meant we arrived with the minimum of stress or fuss.

So, all in all, an excellent hotel. For Rome, I don't think it can't be beat for all it offers, and the location.

Fantastic!!!

Lovely hotel with really helpful friendly staff. Had dinner in the restaurant the first night, which was really good. Very centrally located, around the corner from the Spanish steps and lots of designer shops. The only thing I could criticise was the size of the room. It was small but beautifully decorated and extremely clean. The receptionist recommended Restaurant 34 near the bottom of the Spanish Steps and it was terrific but you must make a reservation first. Would certainly stay here again and eat at 34!.

Lovely hotel on very quiet street

by TripAdvisor Member gerryg

Yes, there are quiet streets in Rome and the Ottencento is on one of them just off Via Vineto. We spent just one night at this hotel, but enjoyed it thoroughly. The room was adequately sized and the bathroom was beautifully finished in marble. Breakfast consisted of pastries, fruit, yogart, eggs, plus decent drip coffee (if you must pass on espresso or cappuccino!)

A Little Gem

My Wife and I stayed at the Hotel last weekend for our wedding anniversary, what a memorable weekend in Rome. The hotel was fantastic, the staff are all very pleasant and helpful with perfect English vocabulary! The restaurant attached to the hotel provided a superb lunch on our day of arrival, which set us up nicely for our exploration of the city that day. The rooms in the hotel are a bit on the small side but beautifully appointed with all the amenities one requires.

The location is first class, every major attraction is within walking distance, good walking shoes required, every street is cobbled and you certainly know it at the end of the day. My only complaint, the hotel recommended “Restaurant 34” we made our reservation, arrived and then departed within 30 minutes! Our waiter was rude, uninterested and even told my wife to “hurry with her order because the kitchen was busy” he then left our table without enquiring if we required any drinks or wine. I shortly followed and told him in no uncertain terms that we were leaving, he wasn’t at all bothered and didn’t enquire why.

We then discovered the jewel that made our weekend a truly memorable one! “The Grill Restaurant” on Via D. Scuderie next to the “White Hotel” near the Trevi Fountain. Make sure you reserve a table, they did accommodate my wife and I after a 20-minute wait but we were very lucky. The food was truly exceptional, the atmosphere fantastic. A young lady with pink hair playing the organ with a unique singing style! I won’t spoil it for you, needless to say you need to experience it for your self. Price is middle of the road, three exceptional courses drinks and wine €120 including service.

I can’t wait to return to Rome, the people are fantastic the city is amazing we had a very memorable weekend.

A very comfortable hotel

by TripAdvisor Member jadis

The room was small but a normal size for Europe, modern furniture and well maintained. We asked for a quiet room and were placed on the top floor which was very handy for the roof terrace. Since there were big umbrellas it was possible to sit out there even in a light rain. The location is handy for walking to many sites and only a block from the metro station to venture farther, on a very small but quiet street. Breakfast was OK, good toast but could have used some fresh fruit. We would definitely consider staying here again on our next visit to Rome

Great location and good value for money

by TripAdvisor Member frances6

This hotel is very well located near to the Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps. The room wasn't large but was comfortable and the shower was the best I have come across in a hotel.
The breakfast buffet had plenty of choice and there were numerous restaurants with walking distance. Staff were friendly and helpful and I thought the hotel offered good value for money.

Fantastic!

Stayed there last week, just after Christmas.

Was very pleased with hotel. Staff super friendly, location excellent, great jacuzzi and good breakfast.

Highly recommend!