36 via Gioberti, 75 via principe amedeo, Rome, Lazio, 00185, Italy

Orbitz.com Booking.com Venere.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Mobleydcat's Profile Photo

Located near Termini Station

I love Hotel Palladium, I walked around Rome without a map. When I get tired and ready to go back to my hotel all I had to do is get a bus or take a subway to Termini Station. This hotel is 5 minutes walk from Termini Station. I have read reviews that it is located in seedy area but it is actually not. I get back to my hotel at night and I did not encouter any problem.

It is so close to bank, supermarket and of course Termini station. Colloseum, Forum or St Peter's is walkable. And if you take a taxi to go to Vatican or Pantheon, the cab fare is not so expensive.

Unique Quality: Close to Termini Station, supermarket and bank.

Directions: 50 meters from Termini Station

More about Hotel Palladium Palace

Good hotel...

by TripAdvisor Member Ratkin

We stayed 5 nights in this hotel in June 2004. It's very close to the train station which made it very easy to get to from the airport, and also to travel by metro or bus.

Our room was on the second floor and was rather noisy but the double glazed windows blocked most of the traffic noise adequately.

It's not really central for the main sights but the Colosseum is only a 15 minute walk away, and the historical centre, Spanish steps, Piazza Navona, Pantheon etc all within 20-30 mins. The Vatican City is a bus or metro ride away.

Breakfast was buffet style and there was a good choice and plenty available. There are several restaurants for dinner nearby.

I'd recommend this hotel but might choose to stay more centrally if I were to visit Rome again myself.

A lovely stay in a magical city

We were welcomed on arrival by a very clean and comfortable environment. We got there early but we were still able to check in after 15 minutes or so. The room was a good size for Rome and it had just what you would need, air conditionning, a clean bathroom, a nice size bed with crisp clean linen, and a TV. Don't be put off by the local area - we felt safe and it was very useful being so close to the station for links to the sites across the city.

All in all we would recommend the hotel to anyone!

Really good hotel.

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of June 2004. Our room was upgraded to a superior room and it had lovely high ceilings and a jacuzzi shower (just the thing after a day's walking). Having read numerous reviews of the hotel, I felt pretty safe that we would enjoy our stay, and I was not disappointed.
The staff on reception were always helpful and they recommended a different fantastic restaurant for us every night.

The only 2 negative comments that I would make would be:
1) The road outside is fairly noisy (our room faced the road) and the hotel shook when a tram went passed.
2) Our hotel room didn't get cleaned until 3 - 4pm, which meant that when we arrived back early, the rooms had yet to be cleaned.

That said, I would certainly recommend this hotel. The staff were excellent and it is a very short walk (2-3 mins) from the main train station (Termini), although most sites are 15-20 minute walk away.

Far better choices closeby

by TripAdvisor Member melodyMD

I don't know why this place has as many positive reviews as it does. We selected this place based on the reviews here and were greatly disappointed. Having stayed in about ten 3* establishments in Italy on this trip and numerous prior, there is nothing remotely special about this place, and there are plenty of problems. First, there is a general smell of sewage that arises in the lower floor rooms as a result of the heat in the summer, and its unbearable, even though they try to mask it with constantly applied and suffocating room deodorizer... the establishment maintains this is simply a part of summer in Rome. Having stayed in many hotels within blocks of this one in the summer in Rome, we know better. The treatment you get at this hotel will depend on what rate you manage to get. We watched as two sets of people paying a much higher rate were treated to a lengthy introduction and maps, and brochures, while the desk employee was rude after he finally located our reservation, at a substantially lower rate for a similar room. If you get a room on a lower floor facing the street you are doomed to not sleep. Even with ear plugs, the street noise from passing cars in this poorly insulated hotel, as well as the noise from other rooms was horrible. Everytime a train came, or went, the whole room shook. I can't really think of much positive to say about the place, except that it was relatively clean.
I would not stay here again. Go one block over to the lovely professional HOTEL LIRICO which is an exceptional establishment.

great hotel

We have just stayed at the hotel palladium for four nights, and got a good price on the internet from an american based comany. Yes we stayed on the second floor facing the road, and actually road noise wasn't a problem, the room is double glazed. The hotel does shake a little but not enough to stop me sleeping. We did have one night when next door kept flushing their toilet and that woke me !
The breakfasts are excellent and the staff helpful.
The bathroom was enormous.
I was disappointed with the restaurants in the area and we tended to go into the centre or walk to the colosseum area.

Great Hotel

Stayed here July 8th, 9th,and 10th. enjoyed our stay very much. Hotel staff is very friendly. Breakfast was on the roof top which was nice. Beds were great. The street was nosiy but you could not here the noise with the windows shut. Located next to the train station and bus routes and metro. That made it very easy for us. Watch out for pickpockets in Rome!!

great value, location

my wife and i stayed here after a cruise. we were warmly greeted and the staff made dinner reservations in trastevere upon our request. the location is near the termini station and the area is not as bad/touristy as people lead to believe. the upside of being so close to train transporation outweighs the busy street side locale. overall a cant miss hotel for those staying in rome for 1-3 nights.

Exceptional Staff Service

Upon our arrival after a very long and tiring train ride, we were pleased to be greeted with such warmth. The staff was eager to get us checked in and also offered ideas for sightseeing, tours, etc. Very smooth check-in. Good breakfast and tour service that the hotel is affiliated with was well organized. The rooms were clean and of decent size compared to other hotels I've stayed in various places in Europe. I just wish they'd use shower curtains. That has always been a peeve of mine in many euro hotels. I don't like getting ready in a lake, but oh well. Other complaint is the sewer smell that comes up through the bathroom. It seemed to come and go in surges and we're told it's common in the summer to have this. Upon departure, it was very early in the morning. The staff made us up some cappucinos while we waited for our cab. Again, their friendliness really made the stay here enjoyable. I would stay here again. It is very convenient to the train station.

Liked it a lot

by TripAdvisor Member JackTheTraveller

My wife and I spent three nights in that hotel. We asked for a King Size bed and the bed was comfortable. The air conditioning worked well. It was very pleasant. Staff was friendly, the room was nice and clean. Breakfast was quite OK. Although the hotel is a bit of the center, it is very close to the Termini Railway Station and to the subway and thus very convenient.

Coming late at night is a bit unpleasant, not unsafe, but one gets proposed by hookers :)

Overall I would recommend it. The price was very reasonable in comparison to other hotels price at that time of the year. It was cheapest to make the reservation through the hotel website.

Self-Service Laundry nearby the Train Station

by Melklim

We're staying at the Hotel Palladium Palace, which is nearby the train station. Does anyone know if there is a laundrymat nearby where we can wash our own clothes.

by EllenH

There is one very near the station where you can wash your own clothes but for about the same price they will do it for you.

by editoranne

Yes, there is a tiny place three blocks from Termini, just off Via Vicenza. It's small and funky, but the people who run it are fun - and they have a bank of six computers squeezed in there where you can buy Internet access for 1 Euro per 30 minutes. There is even a pizzeria next door so you can have wine or a snack while you're waiting.

by Fisher1969

There is one on Via Cavour about 5 mins down from the Termini. If you like you can leave it there and the lady will wash and dry it for you to pick up. I can't remember how much but it certainly wasn't expensive, well worth it so you have more time to holiday.

Julie-Anne