Via San Lino Papa 35, Rome, Lazio, 00167, Italy

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 50% less but rated 28% lower than other 4 star hotels

• Goner's Profile Photo

A Lovely Hotel

The Pineta Palace Hotel is surrounded by beautiful gardens. It's a modern hotel with all the ammenities and only 20 minutes from the intercontinenal airport as well as from the historical city center. There is direct public transportation (Metro Station Via Mattia Battiswtini).

• CJD68's Profile Photo

Contiki's "Simply Italy" launching point

Descent, clean hotel up on a hill with a good view of the city from the room balconies. Includes a restaraunt & bar in hotel with an outdoor patio and pool. On the downside, it is not too close to the famous sites.

Directions: From Rome's Fiumicino airport, best to take the train to Stazione Ostiense (abt 5000 Lire), then take a taxi to Pineta Palace Hotel (abt 35000 Lire).

More about Hotel Pineta Palace

Surrounded by Beautiful Gardens

by Goner about Pineta Palace

We stayed one night at the Pineta Palace. It is surrounded by beautiful gardens. It's a modern building with all the ammenities. It's only 20 minutes from the intercontinental airport.

Unfriendly Service and Inconvenient

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Pineta Palce for six nights last March. Our trip to Rome was lovely with the exception of our stay in this hotel. Upon arrival the hotel staff was less than cordial. Throughout the length of our stay most hotel staff acted as though the hotel guests were simply a nuisance. We were treated quite rudely on more than one occasion.
The breakfast served each morning consisted of exactly the same items...no variation whatsoever. The fruit was never fresh, always canned and somewhat reminisent of elemetary school cafeteria food.
If your purpose in Rome is sight seeing that is yet another reason to stay elsewhere. Pineta Palace is at least 20 minutes journey to the center. Every morning we walked to the bus stop, took the bus to the Metro and rode the Metro to the center. Interesting, but a hassle. It would have been worth it to have paid more for a room closer to the center.
If you intend to return to the hotel early in the evening, keep in mind that there are really only two choices for dining: the hotel restaraunt and a small restaraunt a short walk from the hotel.
I would not recommend this hotel to tourists; it is inconvenient and the service is less than expected by a hotel of this class.

Won't be going there again

by TripAdvisor Member Denmead-Couple

We stayed here two nights during a two week COSMOS coach tour of Europe. Agree with other reviews - it's a way out of the main city and the Roman public transport system probably isn't for the novice - even the tour coach had a struggle to get to it. Rooms are below average - the bathroom is cramped anyway and lacks surfaces to lay out kit - and I guess the monster washbasin makes up for the lack of a hotel swimming pool, just a pity that you can rest your chin on it when seated on the toilet. Noise is a big problem - the thin walls are compounded by an awkward door handle/lock system (round door handles close to the door jamb so that you can't get a grip) which means you give up trying to close the door quietly and just pull it shut (i.e. slam it). Actually two pizza places within walking distance, one small and cosy, one slightly larger and perhaps better set-up. BReakfast reasonable - Hotel dinner menu looked uninspiring but apparently was OK when tried.

terrible

We stayed here about 8 years ago and found the help to be very rude. They did their best to make us feel unwanted and unwelcome. I see that things have not changed for the better. I would never consider staying there again. Also, the food must have come from TV dinner boxes and the location is very remote from attractions in the city.

Very poor

Four star? More like two star! The rooms were clean and that's all the positive things that I can say. Middle of nowhere and staff who went out of their way to be unhelpful. The biggest thing we noticed was the customer service or extreme lack of. At one point the man behind the desk shouted at us and told us off. The woman behind the desk tutted and huffed alot. Nobody was willing to help in any way. We asked for information on where we could go into town to eat and was told to eat at the hotel but they didn't know anywhere outside the hotel that we could eat! The whole of Rome and they couldn't suggest one restaurant? Other customers who had problems with their bookings were told to go to their hotel room and use the phone to sort it out, rather than offer to help at the reception desk.

Obscure location

by TripAdvisor Member ramn2k

I had booked into this place during my trip to Rome. It looked to be ok to start with, but the problems started manifesting. To reach the closest metro station (Cornelia), one needs to catch a bus (446 or 994). The bus service was not very good. The rooms were definitely very transparent. We were kept awake by the conversations in the adjacent room, and some movement in the room above. Do not make the mistake of using any hotel services, they are horribly overpriced (probably because it's named palace). The rooms however were clean. That's about the only positive thing I could write about the place. A better option would be to find a hotel that is closer to a metro station or a high frequency bus route.

Not the best...

I was there on a Cosmos tour in October, 2004. I agree, it was clean but the rooms were very "bare bones". We arrived early in the morning and as expected, our rooms weren't available. Our luggage was put in the hallway of the 2nd floor which we objected to. We didn't want to be out all day with our luggage just sitting where anyone could get into it. We brought it back to the desk and asked that it be locked up. The clerk said OK, but when we got back in the afternoon, it was back up in the hallway on 2nd floor. Also, I gave the clerk my postcards and money for stamps and 3 weeks later, they still have not arrived. Mail your postcards somewhere else! The hotel is far from where you want to be but there is a shuttle for 3 euro that will take and hopefully pick you up. It was supposed to pick us up at 4:00 but didn't. Had to take a taxi back and the taxi driver didn't know where the hotel was. We had a little balcony and that was nice.

Located in the middle of a residential area

by TripAdvisor Member takeanapnow

The hotel is located in the middle of a residential area. The nearest restaurant is about a couple blocks away. There is a small convenience store nearby. We could hear conversations in the adjacent room, walls were very thin. The rooms were clean. The front desk personnel were not your ideal workers in this customer service oriented business. This continental breakfast was the only one on our Cosmos tour that served eggs, bacon and sausage. If all you need to do is to sleep, then this would be your choice.

best way to travel from fiuminci airport to our hotel.

by rainyday1

My mum and I are spending a long weekend in Rome in March. We are staying in a hotel not far from the vatican. Can anyone tell us the best way to get to our hotel from the airport ? we are panicking!!

RE: best way to travel from fiuminci airport to our hotel.

by baronedivandastad

You have several options:
- Fast train to Termini, then bus or taxi
- Slow train to Ostiense, then taxi or bus
- Taxi directly from the airport
(see my tips on how to find out bus timetables and on the airport limo service).

If you give us more info (time of arrival, day of the week, amount of luggage, etc.) we shall be able to help further.

Cheers,
Barone

by rainyday1

Thanks for your help Barone. We arrive around midday on Friday 10/3/06. We are staying at The Grand Olympic Aurum (not sure of spelling) on Via Properzio which is near Via Alberico II. There's just the two of us and we'll be carrying a very small case each.

by baronedivandastad

Well, that street is only a short walk from the Ottaviano metro station, so if you're on budget I advise you to take the fast train to Termini (5 euros each, leaves every 30 minutes, takes 30 minutes), then change to metro A (direction Battistini, 1 euro each) and get off at Ottaviano. The whole thing should take you less than an hour.

If you can splurge I suggest you call CoopAirport (see my tip in the transportation section of my Rome page). The limo service will cost you 45 euros and should take around 45 minutes.

I definitely do not recommend a taxi.

Cheers,
mac

by Brett-Wallace

Hello

I will be arriving in Rome FCO airport Thurday 16/03/06 and will be staying at Hotel Pineta Palace
Via San Lino Papa 35
Rome 00167

What would be a good way to get there?

by newmarket2

Why would you not recommend a taxi? I've used the licensed taxis in the rank on at least a half dozen occassions and while the ride is as exciting as an amusement park ride, it's fast, relatively inexpensive and we usually get a free commentary.

Our only bad experience was when we accepted an offer from an unlicensed driver in the airport as we were leaving. He quoted one price and charged us a higher one.

Comments