Via Palestro 49, Rome, Lazio, 00185, Italy

Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• firefightercarlson's Profile Photo

Nice Affordable Hotel

This place is an excellent choice for those who want a nice hotel to stay at while in Rome but dont want to spend an arm and a leg. For two people i paid 74 euro a night here. Considering the prices ive paid which have been over double that, it was a pretty good deal. also, the service is top notch, it comes with breakfast vouchers you can redeem at a little cafe next door. the rooms were clean, had maid service in the morning, and the have wifi. If you forgot to bring you laptop, you rent one of theres for something like 10 euro. But, hopefully you wont be doing that in Rome, theres too much to see and do first! I highly recommend this place.

Unique Quality: Directly across the street from the Yellow Hostel and bar.

Directions: Four block up from the train station. Directly across the street from the Yellow Hostel.

• a wonderful stay

I stayed in ‘Hotel Romae’ with my husband and three children. I found the staff very helpful and friendly. We had no problem getting from the Termini to the hotel, it was only a short walk. Rome is such a beautiful & historical city we had plenty to see during the day. The hotel is very central so it was near all the main attractions we wanted to see.

Unique Quality: In the evening we all relaxed in this beautiful little courtyard garden in the hotel which had a widescreen TV and small bar. I would definitely return to ‘Hotel Romae’ if I were to come to Rome again!!

Directions: four blocks from termini. the better side of termini it appered!

• tyerks's Profile Photo

Very accomodating place

My brother and I stayed here while in Rome. They're mostly a regular hotel, however, they have one dorm room, which we stayed in. There are 6 bunkbeds, so 12 people altogether, but it's two adjoining rooms, so it really doesn't seem too crowded. However, there's one bathroom, for everyone. Although we didn't really run into too many problems with it, because we were flexible, it can get a little annoying when you really have to use the bathroom, but have to wait for someone to get done in the shower.

Unique Quality: They were very accomodating for us. For a couple of the nights, they only had one bed left, so they arranged with the hotel across the hallway for my brother to stay in the dorm over there for those 2 nights. A little bit of a pain, but seeing as we arrived after 5 pm (in June) with no reservation, we were VERY happy to have this.

Directions: a few blocks from Termini

More about Hotel Romae

Hip and Refreshing stay at Romae!!!

by TripAdvisor Member yoda4gesu

Due to a flight cancelation I had to find a hotel at the last minute, a friend recommended Hotel Romae... and it was definitely relief after the storm. I was in a room across the street (not in the main building) but one of the friendly staff escorted me there and helped with my heavy bags.

I appreciated the air conditioning, CNN news, a lovely painting over my bed, the new bathroom, and especially the fresh fruit waiting for me.
The breakfast in the Bistro was also nice - juice, milk, yogurt, cereal, cornetto, as well as ham and cheese.

The coffee lounge has a computer with internet, magazines, and fun English speaking staff... it has an artsy, hip flair... addorned with work from New Zealand artist, Alison Ryde. An economic stay with an appeal to 20/30 somethings as well as families.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Niagaraprof

A trip advisor member from Buffalo, NY.

In January, another professor and I took a group of 16 college students to Rome to stay at the Hotel Romae. The hotel was great. It was very easy working with them before the trip to verify the reservations. The staff was always very courteous, knowledgeable and very willing to help both us and the students. They were able to answer all sorts of questions both before and during the trip. For example, they found good drivers to take us all to the airport at 5:00 AM for a good price. The rooms were nice sized and very clean. All the rooms had refrigerators which were very convenient. The free internet in the lobby was very helpful. The hotel is located within easy walking distance to two metro stations and the termini station. It is also not a bad walk (maybe a half hour) to the major sites in downtown Rome. There were also a number of good restaurants right near the hotel as well as two good grocery stores (for those looking to save some money). The others in the hotel seemed college aged or a little older. However, noise was never a problem. Whether you are going by yourself or with a small group, I would strongly recommend it for anyone looking for a reasonably priced hotel in Rome.

A great find

by TripAdvisor Member Gavob

My girlfriend and i stayed at the Hotel Romae for 5 nights in September.

We arrived into the Termini Train station and within 5-10 mins walking we had found the holet.
Fisrt inpression of the hotel from the outside was not great , however the more you get to see of Rome the more you ralise that the fasacde of the hotel is the norm .
From there we proceded to the lobby , a little confusing as there are 3 other hotels in the same building , however the Hotel Romae reception , was clean , nicely furbished and tended to by a young german guy who was extemely helpful .

On to the room next and while it was fairly basic it was immaculately clean. While some people might not like the tiled floor ( throughout the room ) , I found it ideal as I suffer from dust allergies and the less carpet the better , and of course when tiles are clean , you can tell they are clean.
Other then that the bed was comfy , although instead of a double , we got 2 singles pushed together , although this seems to be an increasing trend in most hotels, so no real complaints and the bathroom was clean and from what I could tell , recently refurbished.
We also had a very quiet air con machine which was ideal on the hot September days.

Breakfast was served in the bistro across the road , fine to start the day with , nothing more , nothing less.

As for the location , a short walk to the Termini / Metro station and from there the city is yours.
However you could walk to everywhere in the city if you had a good pair of shoes.

All in all . Hotel Romae was excellent and I believe we really landed our or feet.

Highly recommended and I would definitely return

nice stay

by TripAdvisor Member gobluetrav

We enjoyed our stay at Hotel Romae in October 2006. The staff was very friendly and we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast at the Bistro across the street. Dinners at the Bistro were also very enjoyable with a wonderful, friendly waitstaff (and the hotel offers a discount for meals there). There is free internet and the location is close to the both lines A (Termini) and B (Castro Pretorio) of the metro. The hotel also kept some of our baggage in storage while we took a 2 day trip to Florence, minimizing the number of bags we had to take with us. The rooms were small but neat. The only drawback was that the showers seem to have problems in some of the rooms with clogging or flooding, but the staff was very helpful if problems arose.

A good choice

by TripAdvisor Member Regularflyer

This was our first visit to Rome. Having spent a considerable time on the internet, there was potential for a disaster, with so many hotels in Rome. However I booked the Romae. We arrived on a late flight (it was 1am). We found the member of staff extremely helpful. We went to our room and found it very clean; air-conditioned; fruit available; free safe for self management; plenty of room; no traffic noise and we had a good nights sleep. Each morning we went to the Bistro opposite and had plenty of food and we were looked after by attentive staff. On our first full evening in Rome, we had a lovely meal at the same Bistro and really enjoyed it. I used the free internet within the hotel, which is available all day long. We used the Metro to get access to wherever we wanted to go in Rome, in our own time. Be very careful of pick-pockets, especially when it gets crowded on the Metro. These people usually work in teams. We had a lovely time in Rome, due in no small way to the Hotel Romae. We can fully recommend it and would certainly go back. A good choice.

Rome- Other Tourist sites

by PeterSNY

Other than the Vatican and St. Peter's, the Forum and Colisseum, I am looking for a few recommendations for some other Rome tourist attractions within the city. In addition, can anyone tell me if the Illumination Tour of Rome is worth it?

Thanks

RE: Rome- Other Tourist sites

by asianbelle

You may include Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps and various piazzas.

RE: Rome- Other Tourist sites

by skinny

I suppose the illumination tour is of roma at night. I have friends in Roma and have been there many times. They took me around roma at night. Its quite beautiful. If you have a Catholic connection, you can request a tour of the Vatican Gardens and/or the Scavi (excavations underneath the Basilica). I would definitely recommend taking the lift up to the cupola (St. Peters)and even going the extra flights (if you are young and can handle it and are not afraid of heights). There is also the catacombs tour on the outskirts of the city. I would also recommend going to St. John Lateran. Its exquisite and used to be where the papacy was before St. Peter's. Also St. Mary Major (Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore at Piazza di Santa Maria Maggiore)

If you are looking for an excellent hostel (for younger folks), I recommend the yellow hostel on via palestro. Look it up on google but don't confuse them with the yellow house one. Also, a good hotel (close to the train station but far from St. Peters) is accross the street from the yellow hostel. Its called Hotel Romae. Check their prices though.

Have fun...